A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

It's fantastic.  This Grand Jury.  Grandioso, some are saying.  But all in good taste.  But still...full of Grandeur.  But also very fantastic.  But Grand.  Seriously.

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Not getting my hopes up. I know how this ends 

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

He’s untouchable.

I don’t understand why, but he is. And he will 100% be the catalyst of our downfall as a nation. The healthy thing to do is to resign yourself to those truths.

Some of you need to have a little faith.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Odds Georgia gets to him first before NY?  I mean, NY seems to have had him in their crosshairs for several years but dragging ass with his case.  

I really feel like the GA case is much stronger and black and white.  There are a lot of folks that agree, and believe his behavior since is actually backing him into a corner.  The phone call recording plus him basically admitting to what he did...not sure how he wriggles out of it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Some of you need to have a little faith.  

Even if I believed he'd ever be held accountable, there is legitimate fear of what his cultists would do next. They already committed mass insurrection, and sitting members of Congress are supporting them, a few were just elected to office. The depths of horriblness in this country is more concerning to me. They have been convinced that elections are fraudulent, you think they'll ever respect the rule of law applying to their dear leader? They will burn this fucking country to the ground and there isn't much the minority of us with functioning brains can do to stop them.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Even if I believed he'd ever be held accountable, there is legitimate fear of what his cultists would do next. They already committed mass insurrection, and sitting members of Congress are supporting them, a few were just elected to office. The depths of horriblness in this country is more concerning to me. They have been convinced that elections are fraudulent, you think they'll ever respect the rule of law applying to their dear leader? They will burn this fucking country to the ground and there isn't much the minority of us with functioning brains can do to stop them.

When the other side shows up with weapons and uses violence to serve their deranged ends, there ain't much our "but the rule of law!  But you don't have the facts to support your insane position!" is gonna do to stop 'em.

They are 100% dead-set on a "might makes right" outcome here.  When they decide to exercise it, understand that the only thing with even a ghost of a chance of stopping it is "counter-might."  When the armed mob comes, no court order will matter.  Only bullets will.  That is the path they are dead-set on following.  Realize that, and you see that there is not way this ends well: either they overthrow the government and take power by force, or we stop them by using force.  Either way, there's blood.  And it's their choice.

Yeah, I watched it a second time over lunch today and it's not as funny as Baldwin's...but holy shit it is accurate.  I mean, it's eerie.  Even the throat labia thing.

It's gonna piss off a lot of people who were celebrating Baldwin's involvement in that horrible movie-set tragedy last month because it is so fucking spot-on.  And although it's not as goofy or insulting, in my opinion---it's actually more scathing to the former President because of its accuracy.  

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I disagree.  The cultists are a minority.  It is why Trump, all his allies that were in on it, and all the insurrectionists should be punished to the full extent of the law.  I really wish public execution was still the punishment for traitors.  Make no mistake, Trump, his allies like Bannon, Meadows, Clark, etc.. and the Members of Congress who were in on the planning, that is what they are.  Traitors.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

On the one hand, yes, but on the other hand if they were going to act after January 6, they should have done so long before now.

I'm more worried about the assholes in Congress and various state legislatures fucking around than I am tens off millions of Trump supporters who are too busy fucking around on social media reading up on MyPillow or whatever.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/7/2021 at 4:22 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I really feel like the GA case is much stronger and black and white.  There are a lot of folks that agree, and believe his behavior since is actually backing him into a corner.  The phone call recording plus him basically admitting to what he did...not sure how he wriggles out of it.  

8skSI3.gif

• Rage+1 2

On 11/7/2021 at 4:22 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The trial would be in Georgia.  There is no fucking way you seat a 12 person jury w/out 3-4 maga fucks on it.  That's assuming it ever makes it to trial, which it won't. 

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The trial would be in Georgia Fulton County.  

FIFY. 

Also, if you recall from the Manafort trial, there was one unrepentant MAGA woman on his jury. She really wanted him to walk, but when presented with the copious amounts of evidence at trial she convicted him.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, brakeman said:

Alright, let's drag all that out into the light.

The National Archives apparently intends to deliver documents on Friday unless ordered otherwise by a court.

That is, of course, the subject of the litigation in the DC Circuit.

Apparently, last night, team Trump moved the court for an emergency injunction against disclosure, which she (Judge Chutkan) denied, indicating that she intends a full ruling by Friday.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The National Archives apparently intends to deliver documents on Friday unless ordered otherwise by a court.

That is, of course, the subject of the litigation in the DC Circuit.

Apparently, last night, team Trump moved the court for an emergency injunction against disclosure, which she (Judge Chutkan) denied, indicating that she intends a full ruling by Friday.

Joe Biden should release them anyway. What are they going to do arrest him? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

KEY POINTS
  • A federal judge rejected former President Donald Trump’s attempt to block a bipartisan House select committee from obtaining White House records as part of its investigation of the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol invasion.
  • Trump had sued to block the select committee’s request for the archivist of the United States to hand over reams of White House records from Trump’s term in office.
  • Judge Tanya Chutkan said she agreed with the select committee’s argument that, in disputes about executive privilege, the current president’s stance matters more than that of his or her predecessor.
  • The order came one day after the judge shot down an emergency bid by Trump’s lawyer to stop the National Archives from sending documents
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Satchel said:
KEY POINTS
  • A federal judge rejected former President Donald Trump’s attempt to block a bipartisan House select committee from obtaining White House records as part of its investigation of the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol invasion.
  • Trump had sued to block the select committee’s request for the archivist of the United States to hand over reams of White House records from Trump’s term in office.
  • Judge Tanya Chutkan said she agreed with the select committee’s argument that, in disputes about executive privilege, the current president’s stance matters more than that of his or her predecessor.
  • The order came one day after the judge shot down an emergency bid by Trump’s lawyer to stop the National Archives from sending documents

The opinion.  https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21101238/11-9-21-trump-v-thompson-opinion.pdf

Trump has already filed a notice of appeal to the DC Circuit.  There he will ask for a preliminary injunction and I am not sure what the DC Circuit will do with it.  I'm pretty confident they'll ultimately rule against him, but they may enjoin release until they do rule.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The documents could show video of Trump doing a Nazi salute in black face as he screams fuck Democracy and the usual dumbfucks will tell you how it’s not a big deal. 

It's not a big deal.

It's too bad more people don't think everything the loser does isn't a big deal because he's a fucking loser.  Instead, the fucking reality tv morons who make up the bulk of this uneducated country make a big deal out of everything he does.

We voted for Biden so we didn't have to deal with this fucker and you people can't leave it alone.    

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

It's not a big deal.

It's too bad more people don't think everything the loser does isn't a big deal because he's a fucking loser.  Instead, the fucking reality tv morons who make up the bulk of this uneducated country make a big deal out of everything he does.

We voted for Biden so we didn't have to deal with this fucker and you people can't leave it alone.    

If only us people could leave it alone, the world would be a better place. 

Cool 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Point of order: 95% of the R party is following in his footsteps and announcing their fealty to him, so we still have to deal with it. 

We don't have to obsess about him.  Those 95% want you to obsess about loser Trump.  They get their power from it.  You let the law deal with Trump and don't trumpet his every move,they lose power, because without you and the press focusing on Trump, they got nothing to hold on to except their stupid ideas.  The lose their figurehead, they've got nothing. 

Trump is 25% Republican obsession, and 75% media and liberal obsession.

Sure, no issues with following up on his prosecution.  But tell your wife about it.  Don't tweet it and don't add to the circus.  And limit it to this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The opinion.  https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21101238/11-9-21-trump-v-thompson-opinion.pdf

Trump has already filed a notice of appeal to the DC Circuit.  There he will ask for a preliminary injunction and I am not sure what the DC Circuit will do with it.  I'm pretty confident they'll ultimately rule against him, but they may enjoin release until they do rule.

Doesn't he have to ask the District Court for a stay pending appeal first (which it would have denied)?  I don't think he can just seek a stay from the appellate court.  Of course, he filed a motion for a stay pending appeal last night, but that was before there was a decision, so the motion was denied.  But I think he would have to properly file that motion before the District Court before he could seek a stay from the Circuit Court.  All that said, trump never faces consequences for anything, and nothing the court does would shock me at this point.

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If only us people could leave it alone, the world would be a better place. 

Cool 

Actually, what some people need -- especially the folks who claim to hate Trump -- is a reality show about him  to make their world a better place.

Edited by tantric superman

If I haven't said so, thank you for all the work you do. You are fair, honest, and patient. And that is important and noticed. The legal explanations are honest and fair and humble when you knowingly drift beyond your expertise. You are a smart fucker.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

We don't have to obsess about him.  Those 95% want you to obsess about loser Trump.  They get their power from it.  You let the law deal with Trump and don't trumpet his every move,they lose power, because without you and the press focusing on Trump, they got nothing to hold on to except their stupid ideas.  The lose their figurehead, they've got nothing. 
Sure, no issues with following up on his prosecution.  But tell your wife about it.  Don't tweet it and don't add to the circus.  And limit it to this thread. 

Im guessing you live somewhere on the coasts, because out here, between four points and bee cave trump is a winny win win...

Seriously, the cult simmers. LGB flags and signs and random protests weekly unrelated to the left. We got boats with Trump 24 Full Wraps bro. Its a new sport, do you even Trump 24 bro?
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

If I haven't said so, thank you for all the work you do. You are fair, honest, and patient. And that is important and noticed. The legal explanations are honest and fair and humble when you knowingly drift beyond your expertise. You are a smart fucker.

Annoying as fuck though. I want some butts!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I think I see your point, but it’s not really about trump. It’s about his cult. And they are a cult. They are the only ones trumpeting his every move now, to use your phrase. 

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled blah blah blah. Yet he isn’t the devil. His minions are. If we want to end this madness, we crush them. We won’t, because americans and especially Dems are too nice. But from a logical and existential standpoint, they need to be crushed to move forward. 

• Like 2

I think I see your point, but it’s not really about trump. It’s about his cult. And they are a cult. They are the only ones trumpeting his every move now, to use your phrase. 

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled blah blah blah. Yet he isn’t the devil. His minions are. If we want to end this madness, we crush them. We won’t, because americans and especially Dems are too nice. But from a logical and existential standpoint, they need to be crushed to move forward. 
I think it worse than that. Some of the Trumpers have jumped off that ship, hes just too gauche. But they will vote DeSantis, Abbot, a piece of literal shit in 24. About half the electorate will vote R, many against their own interests no matter what. Why? because they consume garbage information. And they feel we do so equally regardless of facts. They revel in it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement