Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

Can you guys stop talking about Sark. I’m trying my damned hardest to block that out for a few hours and revel in the joy that Fuckface Mensa was fired. 
We can handwring about Sark later. Let us rejoice for a bit that Vodka Tom got what he deserved. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

Time to start the list of who we hire in 2023 after this no-talent drunk leads us to back-to-back losing seasons. I guess aspiring to beat Iowa State and TCU was just too much for CDC.

He didn't have back to back losing seasons in Washington - taking over a team that had won a total of 12 games in the 5 years before he got there.  This isn't a Charlie Strong hire.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

It’s funny watching people look at his win-loss record and that’s the level of nuance they put into their analysis. He took over a winless Washington team and a USC team under major NCAA sanctions. At one point he only had 50 or 60 scholarships to use. He did miracles under the circumstances. 

He is an elite recruiter who will hire plus coaches. The downside has nothing to do with his capacity to recruit and coach. He has more upside in that capacity than anyone this side of Meyer on our list. The downside are his personal demons. Not his ability as a coach. 

Absolutely this.   FAR more upside than any option on the table if he can handle the pressure of the job without turning back to the booze.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

Feels like when an NFL team hires a shitty Belichick assistant. Sarkisian had success at Bama because he was at Bama. He hasn’t had much success anywhere else.

This. A lot of coaches look really good when they have a roster full of 5 stars to throw around. we hired this dumb motherfucker largely because he went 38-3 as Bama’s OC.

image.thumb.jpeg.1b4967c75d98d1518f7a46615a997159.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

“Hey mistress (Urban), now you see I was serious about leaving my wife and you’re the only one who can prevent me from spiraling. Oh not interested now? Fuck it I don’t care I’ll do it...I’ll marry that hooker right over there I don’t give a shit.”

• Haha 4

Just now, Skipper said:

Absolutely this.   FAR more upside than any option on the table if he can handle the pressure of the job without turning back to the booze.

If he could handle the pressure, he never would have become a drunk in the fucking first place.  

Del Conte wanted to hire a coach he'd have leverage over. Wasn't happening with Urb.

Sark will be paid less and have strict wording in his contract to keep him in line. Small buyout ect. Sark willing to accept cause of opportunity to be HC of blue blood.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

This could be an incredible hire or a spectacular failure. Getting Saban's probable successor isn't something to turn your nose up at. The problem is all of you spent over a month thinking Urban was still happening. You only have yourselves to blame. 

Agree with this. This may be Pete Carroll 2.0 when everyone lost their shit over hiring him at USC. i actually like Sark as the number two option to Urban. I think he will go toe to toe with Riley pretty well, Brian Kelley would have been Riley's dick warmer. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is either going to be amazing or absolutely terrible. There is no in between. 

Well there's David McWilliams and John Mackovic.  He's not necessarily going to be as bad as Charlie Strong.  But there's no reason to think he will be as successful as Fred Akers, Mack Brown or Tom Hermann.  Absolutely no reason.

4 minutes ago, Ryno said:

Made the decision to not renew my season tickets pretty goddamned easy. Alabama’s offense is absolutely insane and maybe he ends up being a stud, but that’s just about the least exciting hire I could have imagined.

Pretty sure you could have imagined a less exciting hire.

• texifornia changed the title to Herman Fired. Sarkisian (reportedly) Hired.
  • immamac changed the title to Herman Fired.