Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

16 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'll give you Colorado just because I don't know shit about them, but Kansas State had one of the better defensive lines in the conference. Hubert was unanimous all conference DE with a late 1st round / early 2nd round draft projection lined up directly across from Karic and he more than held his own. He's about as good as he's going to face in his career. And Majors may be light in the britches, but it's not like anybody in this conference is lining up 350 lb nose tackles (other than Coburn) anymore.  Teams just don't play that way in this conference.

We haven't had this kind of OL depth in forever --- Kerstetter, Karic, Majors, Angilou, Jones, Johnson, Okafor + Hookfin who was considered a starter before getting hurt.  That doesn't include guys like Reese Moore, Tope Imade and and Ghirmai who have been in the program long enough to be serviceable in mop up duty.

I know this convo belongs elsewhere so I'm spoilering my response. Short of it is our OL next year will be better than the last 2 years but let's pump the breaks on saying more than that. Excited for our future though

Spoiler

I know that KSU had a good line for the B12 but they're still a step behind the conference championship tier like OU which is the curve I grade our players on. Not to mention the level of talent we'd see against CFP/NY6 level teams. And Karic played 26 snaps. Quality snaps, but still a small sample size in a game that was far out of reach. There's also the Bijan factor--when a RB averages more than 1 broken tackle/run the line is going to look better than it is. But hey we'll have Bijan back next year too

If we're talking about a conference champion level OL (for reference I consider 2018 to be close but fall short of that status), We need Kerstetter to come back strong (which I totally buy into btw), Angilau to develop after taking a minor step back earlier this year, Majors to develop, and two of Karic/Jones/Johnson/Hookfin to come on strong. Just for a good starting lineup. My point is that I like all of those guys and what I've seen, but it's unlikely they all make the step we're hoping for. We've seen guys like Vahe and Shack stall out in their progression recently. This convo reminds me of the projections for our DBs in 2019

If the last three are starting we're in a bad spot. Sam if Majors misses any amount of time.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

image.thumb.png.084ccc2785e068c7748006b7fb408745.png

I still think it’s strange that Muschamp has potentially thrown a wrench into the plan. He would have already decided not to coach right when Sark first approached him. Something isnt adding up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

While it's hard to fathom, I think I might actually be more tuned in to this thread than the greatness that was Urban or Bust.

Maybe because this shit is actually real and less McRibcentric?

Edited by hobbs

Just now, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Unofficial update 

HC - Sark

OL (possible OC) - Flood

QB - Milwee

RB - Drayton

WR - 

TE - 

DC - 

DL - Davis

LB - 

S 

CB

ST - Gideon

DOR - Carrington

SC  - Becton

FYI, your font color is wonky. fixed for it you!

Unofficial update 

HC - Sark

OL (possible OC) - Flood

QB - Milwee

RB - Drayton

WR - 

TE - 

DC - 

DL - Davis

LB - 

S - 

CB

ST - Gideon

DOR - Carrington

SC  - Becton

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Whatever happened to the DL coach with the huge dick that Strong got from Bama when they took Bo Davis?

Thought the joke on the Shag that the BDE, physcially, was LB coach Brian Jean-Mary?

5 Texas assistant coaches who were recruiting all-stars

Can't find the infamous pic inside the bubble

With a couple of hires made on the defensive side we can assume that the DC is a proven guy waiting to announce (due to buyouts or is still coaching) or that the DC Sark is targeting is a young guy that is lacking connections but is great scheme wise.

A few guys that would fit:

Dan Quinn

Pete Golding

Marcus Freeman 

Zach Arnett 

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

With a couple of hires made on the defensive side we can assume that the DC is a proven guy waiting to announce (due to buyouts or is still coaching) or that the DC Sark is targeting is a young guy that is lacking connections but is great scheme wise.

A few guys that would fit:

Dan Quinn

Pete Golding

Marcus Freeman 

Zach Arnett 

I'm thinking Golding isn't being talked about enough. Rumors of Saban wanting to make a change and it would definitely explain the silence.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I'm thinking Golding isn't being talked about enough. Rumors of Saban wanting to make a change and it would definitely explain the silence.

He went from Southern Miss -> UTSA-> Bama in 3 years and he is still only 36 so his rolodex is probably pretty dry hence Sark filling out a staff for him

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

He went from Southern Miss -> UTSA-> Bama in 3 years and he is still only 36 so his rolodex is probably pretty dry hence Sark filling out a staff for him

We are not hiring a dude Saban wants to get rid of, especially since Sarkisian has worked with the dude for 2 years.

32 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Bo may not be Lupoi, but I'd think he's familiar with the bag game.  I'll take it.

Doubt Bo handles any bags -- already busted by NCAA while at Bama with a two-year show cause penalty for providing "false or misleading information about impermissible recruiting contacts."  

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Doubt Bo handles any bags -- already busted by NCAA while at Bama with a two-year show cause penalty for providing "false or misleading information about impermissible recruiting contacts."  

He can be a great mentor, however. 

15 minutes ago, runthebone said:

The fact we are bringing back Bo is another sign we are going to recruit the way everyone else does.  I'm sure he'll be more successful this go-round.

You can say that - but the fact is that Bo got show cause'd and then had to drive a truck for a year or two.  Definitely caused him some issues.