Welcome to Texas Coach Sark.....

Rip76

Just now, texifornia
3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

This has a distinctive chuckles strong feel to it.

The two men literally couldn't be any more different except for both being football coaches.

I know he knows his X’s and O’s, I was speaking in terms of being a leader in an administrative role within this athletic program. There are way too many ‘could be’s” when everyone is talking about him. We’ll see how it plays out, but my brother went to UW and I’m familiar with this guy and a bunch of booster stories.

1 minute ago, CUM2TX said:

just curious if we are going to be required to have allegiance on this site to this DOGSHIT hire?

He is proven loser, so if dissent isn't allowed, I'll just leave now.

You're allowed to have opinions and people are allowed to tell you you're stupid. It's how free speech works, dude.

just curious if we are going to be required to have allegiance on this site to this DOGSHIT hire?

The only “allegiance” required around here is to not be such a douche bag that you get negged out of existence. You’re at best 50/50 right now, and that doesn’t even take into account your stupid handle
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Two years of training under the best in the business. Let's hope the magic rubbed off. We've got a world class RB and two great young QBs. He has a lot to work with. 
Transition class every 3-4 years since 2014 will begin to be very noticeable by 2022 when blowU is out-afoleeting us on the field in spite of sleepwalking through the game.

I still think Herman should have been shitcanned before the bowl game, bring Sark (or whoever) in asap and get staff assembled and recruiting for NSD2.

I am down with the hire.  Better than Fleck, Fickle, Christobal, Campbell.  Most of non-Texas media seems to like it and the Auburn-esque portion of our fan base doesn’t.  So that makes me like it even more. 

Let’s roll. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

hope i am way wrong about this but this is colossally stupid. like, indefensibly stupid.  please let me eat crow.

i was dead on right about mack brown hire.  dead ass wrong about the charlie strong hire.  dead on right about the herman hire.

i'm due to be wrong again.  here's hoping.

hopefully he can at least maximize bijan over the next couple of years.  any word on this bringing jalen milroe back into the picture at all?

• Hook 'Em 3

Just took a micro dose of some good shrooms and I’m feeling good vibes.  Welcome to Austin Sark!  If you win here, you will get everything you want.  Keep it simple:

1.  Hire the best coordinators and developers of talent.  Make sure they recruit.

2.  Hire a great S&C coach and support staff.  You are now in a talent rich pool of recruits.  Go get them.

3.  Beat the dog shit out of ou.  

Herman is out guys and this guy fucking knows offense.  You should be excited about what he can do given the skill players and QBs this state produces.

Hook em Sark!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, CUM2TX said:

Are you seriously asking if you are not allowed to hate the head coach on this site?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Orale said:

Two years of training under the best in the business. Let's hope the magic rubbed off. We've got a world class RB and two great young QBs. He has a lot to work with. 

if he can't fix the OL it won't matter.  yay! we got the OC from Saban who has had 4 different OC's win NC's with him.

Sark is complete fuckin meh and proved it at Washington and USC.

He's Herman 2.0 with one NFL stint.  what a shitshow of an administration.  we have a 5-6M dollar limit for Head Ball Coach because we are Cal.

• Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I am down with the hire.  Better than Fleck, Fickle, Christobal, Campbell.  Most of non-Texas media seems to like it and the Auburn-esque portion of our fan base doesn’t.  So that makes me like it even more. 

Let’s roll. 

Well, most of the non-Texas media thought we should’ve given Strong more time.... so, there’s that.

I’m underwhelmed at this point. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt if he can put together a quality staff with some of the names being thrown around and can stop the bleeding with recruiting. 

Based on what we saw with the young guys in the Alamo Bowl, he’ll have a lot of talent to work with and I don’t think competing for a big 12 title in year 1 should be out of the question. We shall see.  I feel like we didn’t upgrade all that much from Herman, I hope I’m very wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

Haven't followed the guy all too much so I wanted to see why he was fired from the Falcons after only a couple years: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/falcons/2018/12/31/atlanta-falcons-steve-sarkisian-fired-coordinator-marquand-manuel/2450807002/

With running back Devonta Freeman missing all but two games, the Falcons struggled to develop a consistent rushing attack. Atlanta ranked 27th this season in rushing offense, generating just 98.3 yards a game.

While Atlanta's offense did finish 10th in scoring (25.9 points a game), which was an improvement over last season’s total of 22.1 (tied for 14th), Quinn said he felt the unit needed to transition.

“Sark has shown he’s a good coach and play caller,” Quinn said in the release. “After evaluating the entire season, I decided it was necessary that we had a new voice and direction for our offensive unit. I have a ton of respect for Sark, both personally and professionally, and I appreciate all he’s done during his time here.”

So I guess if we keep our RBs healthy, we're good? Seems like Quinn was trying to scapegoat assistants a la Tom Herman in order to salvage his own job.

https://www.nfl.com/news/falcons-fire-oc-steve-sarkisian-two-other-assistants-0ap3000001006547

Sarkisian was under fire from the moment he took over for Kyle Shanahan in 2017 and didn't immediately replicate the latter's success. Despite the consternation about the offense, the Falcons still finished sixth in the NFL in yards per game (389.1) and 10th in scoring (25.9 per game) in 2018.

Sark can't be blamed for the plethora of fumbles in the red zone, which plagued the Falcons on a weekly basis, or the offensive line woes. His choppy, unbalanced play-calling and head-scratching red-zone calls, however, are questionable traits.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813017-report-steve-sarkisian-seriously-at-risk-of-being-fired-as-falcons-oc

On offense, running back Devonta Freeman suffered a season-ending groin injury and played in just two games. Offensive guard Andy Levitre (triceps) played just twice as well.

Still, the Falcons may be forced to do something after the team's drop from near-Super Bowl champion to potential last-place finisher in 2018. Quinn isn't going anywhere after he nearly won a title in 2016, and the franchise quarterback (Matt Ryan) and superstar wideout (Julio Jones) aren't headed out either.

Ultimately, Sarkisian may be the fall guy. While his tenure in Atlanta did not go well, he's only 44 years old and has accumulated plenty of experience on the college and pro levels. If the Falcons fire him, he shouldn't be out of work for long.

Edited by Eggo
adding.