Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

4 hours ago, cmontexas said:

He's a Tech legacy, grew up hating Texas. He was never gonna come here. 

So what are you complaining about then? There was an in-state 5-star WR that was never coming here, so Texas went out of state to land one. That sounds good to me. 

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Some observations from the national podcasts on Hudson:

- Not one single mention of dad playing ball at Tech. On3, 247, and The Athletic. 
- NIL largely ignored. 
- Hudson being a one off ignored. 
- Almost no mentions that Tech was 0-2 at the time. 

Just more data points that national media is extremely lazy and only notice Texas when the Horns are either really good or really bad. 

You really shouldn’t care. We don’t even play Tech after this year, it doesn’t affect us at all.

• Hook 'Em 7

8 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

So what are you complaining about then? There was an in-state 5-star WR that was never coming here, so Texas went out of state to land one. That sounds good to me. 

He’s complaining about this board attacking a 5 star we would welcome with open arms, just because Gerry Hamilton and others have implied he strung along our coaches behind the scenes.  

But he’s fighting a losing battle. Nobody sniffs their own farts more than recruiting boards. Tigerdroppings thinks Colin Simmons is an asshole, texags thinks Anthony Hill is an asshole, surlyhorns thinks Micah Hudson is an asshole, some hillbilly in Auburn thinks some other hillbilly going to Alabama is an asshole, and the beat goes on.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What was the story on Wilson? Hated Herman (understandable), really hated Mehringer (especially understandable) and liked Hartline (everybody does).

Wasn’t he originally from Ohio, grew up and Ohio State fan. 
And Yea Herman was a prick!!!!

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What was the story on Wilson? Hated Herman (understandable), really hated Mehringer (especially understandable) and liked Hartline (everybody does).

Here's the gist, from a Level-1 source:

"Hated Herman (understandable), really hated Mehringer (especially understandable) and liked Hartline (everybody does)."

🙂

Also

- he grew up in Columbus (or somewhere close to that, in Ohio).  Childhood favorite, blah blah blah.

- and, we went 7-6 in Herman's first season, while the Buckeyes kept contending for titles.

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

Nailed it. Reminds me of when we didn’t get RB Zach Evans out of North Shore and instead went to Arizona to grab Bijan.  Worked out pretty well. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What an absolute crock of shit in terms of comparisons. 

No one here argued that Garrett Wilson wouldn’t be a star or that he wasn’t justified in his choices. I don’t even know who else is in your post but, get the fuck out on Hudson being anything related to sympathetic. 

Also, I’ve been saying since early in this cycle that there are folks who think he’s significantly overrated who are often pretty good with these things. But yeah, turn it into a conspiracy where Texas fans are bad people in the Hudson story. Time will tell. Should be fun. You can watch all of the meaningless Tech games and tell us how awesome he is. 

Fuck Tech. Im just pointing out that anything beyond "he didnt want to come here" when talking about that recruitment comes off as sour grapes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

46 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Fuck Tech. Im just pointing out that anything beyond "he didnt want to come here" when talking about that recruitment comes off as sour grapes.

Is this really this difficult?  The kid intentionally misled coaches on his interest in coming to UT, allegedly in concert with Tech coaches, for the sole purpose of making The University look bad when he choose Tech over Texas.  

People have every right and reason to criticize the kid.  

• Hook 'Em 8

56 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Is this really this difficult?  The kid intentionally misled coaches on his interest in coming to UT, allegedly in concert with Tech coaches, for the sole purpose of making The University look bad when he choose Tech over Texas.  

People have every right and reason to criticize the kid.  

Lamentations of a recruiting landscape that's truly been shaken to its core

• Fuck You 15

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Some guys choose other schools (Waddle). Some guys are assholes about it (Hudson). But you do you.

4 hours ago, Scholz said:

Garrett Wilson. He’s a prick.

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

Fuck Garrett Wilson

Wilson didn’t seem like a prick.

I felt that he acted more like a cunt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Wilson didn’t seem like a prick.

I felt that he acted more like a cunt.

Garrett was a bitch, great player, but acted like a bitch after he committed.  All he had to say was “It was a tough choice but I am going with my heart and attending tosu.”  Instead he acted like a scorned chick and talked shit about Texas on the way out the door. Fuck him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Waddle and Wilson. I don't think JSN was as hyped a recruit although OSU is obviously a bigtime wr offer

you should stop talking about things you don't know anything about.

image.png.8576dde35bc7311a95199564bf3d4933.png

we can laugh at a few things but ESPN having him as the #18 player in the state (2 spots ahead of Jake Majors, 2 spots behind Vernon Broughton) when 247 and Rivals have him as the #15 and #20 player overall kind of says it all. and despite that dumb ranking he was still a composite 5*

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

He’s complaining about this board attacking a 5 star we would welcome with open arms, just because Gerry Hamilton and others have implied he strung along our coaches behind the scenes.  

But he’s fighting a losing battle. Nobody sniffs their own farts more than recruiting boards. Tigerdroppings thinks Colin Simmons is an asshole, texags thinks Anthony Hill is an asshole, surlyhorns thinks Micah Hudson is an asshole, some hillbilly in Auburn thinks some other hillbilly going to Alabama is an asshole, and the beat goes on.

Auburn is flat

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Ok so hear me out..

what if we send a drunken Tom Herman to his house to try and persuade him to go to Tech.. Then when he is confused, we have Drew Mehringer give him a code red and call it some sort of tortilla laced hazing.  When he calls to complain on the fake AD number, we send Derek Warehime to his house to to remedy the situation where he promptly drops a nutty buddy in their candy bowl. When they throw him out of the house, Joe Wickline comes from the shadows to insult his manhood and tell him that he knew he could never measure up at a place like Tech. As he calls to decommit, Wickline just smiles, and charts a course to Iraan to find his next Wes Welker. 

image.gif.fcf22bebfc8f4ee3f2cd9edcefec31cd.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Ok so hear me out..

what if we send a drunken Tom Herman to his house to try and persuade him to go to Tech.. Then when he is confused, we have Drew Mehringer give him a code red and call it some sort of tortilla laced hazing.  When he calls to complain on the fake AD number, we send Derek Warehime to his house to to remedy the situation where he promptly drops a nutty buddy in their candy bowl. When they throw him out of the house, Joe Wickline comes from the shadows to insult his manhood and tell him that he knew he could never measure up at a place like Tech. As he calls to decommit, Wickline just smiles, and charts a course to Iraan to find his next Wes Welker. 

Solid plan.  I'd rather flip Moore from LSU tho.  Whatcha got for that?

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

If you assume the top 32 players are ranked as 5-stars, On3 also has Ellis Davis a 30 overall, which would give Tech two five-star players (as ranked by On3). However, they have him ranked WAAAAAAY higher than everyone else. 247 has him at 245 and ESPN and Rivals don't rank him nationally. 

on3 is doing an unveil but it's just the top 19 players

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

What do we wanna change it to @SydneyCarton

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Reese Bennett is poorer than Taylor Hamm?

I'll be honest, I believe the winner was "Recruiting 2024: Bags don't beat Bankrolls

But I'm not averse to "Recruiting 2024: Reese Bennett is poorer than Taylor Hamm. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls