Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah you don’t get it. Sark is actively trying to push Saban out of the state for targets we want and that dumb ass is actively celebrating a loss there. Yeah Hampton isn’t the end all be all prospect butb that’s not potent

Locking down the state is an impossible goal. It's obviously a great fuck you to Saban if you keep him but Saban isn't going to stop peppering 100 Texas kids with offers each year. Plus is Saban going into a kid's home and saying "we got Aeryn Hampton despite Sark's best efforts, get in the car."

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah you don’t get it. Sark is actively trying to push Saban out of the state for targets we want and that dumb ass is actively celebrating a loss there. Yeah Hampton isn’t the end all be all prospect butb that’s not potent

This thinking operates under the assumption Sark lost Hampton, rather than Sark declined to chase him further.

We have been told Texas will not chase a prospect who gets an unreasonable offer from another school. Perhaps for Sark, Hampton's ask surpassed his value to Texas, and he became of more value as a "make Bama waste resources" chess piece.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

What’s with the Ohio State having a rough day talk?  Because they lost one flip and still have the number three class still?  I hate Ohio State but that’s odd shit talk.  

Houston was expected to flip to Bama but then ended up sticking 

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I gotta be honest, I forgot Hampton was even in the class until this Bama / Saban flip thing came about yesterday.

But then I looked on some random Alabama board and was informed that, "dare I say he reminds me of Waddle?? similar size and athleticism and both are from Texas."

Waddle was significantly more polished and explosive coming out of HS. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yes. Something may trickle out prior but I think he has a ceremony at 6:15 cst

This might help.

image.thumb.png.e4b8038aa1af1b1aa5489bee19f98387.png

38 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Houston was expected to flip to Bama but then ended up sticking 

Shit, BO&W was right.  First Saban gets Hampton and now he's flipping entire Texas cities.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Miami couldn’t recruit their womens basketball team without recruiting violations. I wonder if this class is clean

IMG_6016.jpeg

hey come on now - Mario Cristobal may not be good at hiring offensive coordinators...or defensive coordinators...or position coaches...or having a good scheme...or in game management...or using timeouts...or beating rivals...or developing players...or out performing expectations...but the guy can absolutely recruit!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Sarkisian has spent a lot of time working to keep Hampton. That's as much about setting a standard in the state at this point as it is the value of the player. If you want to see it differently and go full milquetoast on Saban just doing whatever the fuck he wants in recruiting, that's your prerogative. 

Why would anyone care what Saban is doing in recruiting when it is Twilight in T-town and the end of the Saban era?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

hey come on now - Mario Cristobal may not be good at hiring offensive coordinators...or defensive coordinators...or position coaches...or having a good scheme...or in game management...or using timeouts...or beating rivals...or developing players...or out performing expectations...but the guy can absolutely recruit!

Jimbo and Mario...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Glad you enjoy Saban winning a turf war against Sark. Good job dumb ass.

If you just put that dum dum on ignore, you'll never think of his idiocy again except every now and then when some rando quotes him.

42 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I hope it works out for Hampton. Seems like he needs some structure and consistency in his life.  Hope he gets it in Tuscaloosa

You're a bigger man than I am. I don't know the player, so fuck him for his behaviors. I hope his career sucks and he lights the Alabama football program on fire with whatever nonsense he brings with him. This is college football, I'm fine being petty. 

40 minutes ago, pacman said:

This thinking operates under the assumption Sark lost Hampton, rather than Sark declined to chase him further.

We have been told Texas will not chase a prospect who gets an unreasonable offer from another school. Perhaps for Sark, Hampton's ask surpassed his value to Texas, and he became of more value as a "make Bama waste resources" chess piece.

I have no idea if this happened, but you are correct in that, if Texas has agreed to something with a recruit, they will not entertain something different at the last minute. It is similar to the stance Sarkisian has taken with the portal. "If you want to sit down and talk about transferring, that is fine. If you put your info into the portal, you cannot come back here." 

But, again, we won't know much about this one for a little bit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1