Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Haven't 995ers maintained the sooner the better for us with regards to Finkley? Something along the lines of Bama was stringing him along until they saw how things played out with bigger fish?

Seems to me he wants Bama but also doesn’t want to be Bama’s ins policy.  Seems like Bama is telling him he can commit but isn’t pressing.  I read a blurb from one of the 9.95ers that if he felt that Bama wasn’t fully in on him then it probably bodes well for us.  With that said, who the eff knows…. Maybe Bama told him what he wanted to hear…

3 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Maybe he meant 1:00 some other day.

Also, we're in daylight saving time rn 

Maybe you are. Daylight savings time is a tool of the powerful to suss out the sheeple. 
I stay on standard time, as it is the time set by god, by god, and totally not arbitrarily assigned. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Per Gerry on Preston:

A plugged in long time source in South Louisiana told me late last week he didn't think LSU would ultimately win out. Going to be so many moving parts around LSU though, time will tell.

Texas is doing pretty well in this recruitment. Sark's offensive scheme, and early opportunity.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Per Gerry:

If Texas were to offer another 2022 defensive back prospect in the coming week or two, it will very likely be Kendrick Law (Shreveport, La./Captain Shreve). 

Law, No. 37 in the On300, made an official visit to Florida State over the weekend. The 10.48 state champion 100-meter sprinter (wind aided) will also make OV's to Alabama and LSU in the fall.

Just now, ousux said:

Maybe I'm wrong and he had a good reason, but Tapp only watching the highlights and not the full game of the school he's committed to can't be a good sign, right?

I’m not sure you can use that as a data point. Over the years I’ve known a lot of players from high school, to college, to NFL who don’t watch much football outside of game film and opponents film. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Gerry:

If Texas were to offer another 2022 defensive back prospect in the coming week or two, it will very likely be Kendrick Law (Shreveport, La./Captain Shreve). 

Law, No. 37 in the On300, made an official visit to Florida State over the weekend. The 10.48 state champion 100-meter sprinter (wind aided) will also make OV's to Alabama and LSU in the fall.

https://247sports.com/player/kendrick-law-46100282/

No. 88 in the composite - all the CB's pointed to LSU - I'd guess thats why there might now be interest.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Very cryptic reply from Gerry here in the potential offer to Law thread. Will be cross posting because it seems relevant in the 2023 thread 

F677BFCE-EE81-4B16-93C9-74A1ED48CABB.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

How is that cryptic? LSU is a fucking shit show right now. 

Yeah, I don’t see what’s so cryptic here. Orgeron is very clearly sinking right now, so Louisiana kids could be up for grabs.

Maybe I'm wrong and he had a good reason, but Tapp only watching the highlights and not the full game of the school he's committed to can't be a good sign, right?

You’d be shocked at how little most recruits (or elite athletes in general) actually care about the sport that they play. I’d imagine this is the norm.

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m not sure you can use that as a data point. Over the years I’ve known a lot of players from high school, to college, to NFL who don’t watch much football outside of game film and opponents film. 

Excellent DT I went to high school with had main interests of cooking, reading and listening to jazz/classical music when not on the football field.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

https://247sports.com/player/kendrick-law-46100282/

No. 88 in the composite - all the CB's pointed to LSU - I'd guess thats why there might now be interest.

Ha! The way things are trending, we might end up with more OOS recruits than in-state. Preston and Law may be a pretty good sub for Brooks and our presumed in-state backup WR plan. What LBs does Louisiana have this year? It seems like at one point Mathews was considered one although he probably eliminated anyone who talked about it.

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Very cryptic reply from Gerry here in the potential offer to Law thread. Will be cross posting because it seems relevant in the 2023 thread 

F677BFCE-EE81-4B16-93C9-74A1ED48CABB.jpeg

Can we haz Will Campbell plz?

https://247sports.com/Player/Will-Campbell-46085724/

Edited by Coach pop a bitch

30 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Yeah, I don’t see what’s so cryptic here. Orgeron is very clearly sinking right now, so Louisiana kids could be up for grabs.

Unlike Texas, when lsu is bad that only dials up the pressure put on Louisiana bluechips to stay home and fix it, by family, friends, coaches, classmates, everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Unlike Texas, when lsu is bad that only dials up the pressure put on Louisiana bluechips to stay home and fix it, by family, friends, coaches, classmates, everyone. 

This. Oeaux could get fired midseason and LSU will still lame duck their way into a top 7-10 class. 

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No doubt, no school in the country has a death grip on their in-state kids like LSU does on Louisiana. 

31 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This. Oeaux could get fired midseason and LSU will still lame duck their way into a top 7-10 class. 

Best chance for us with Louisiana prospects is for Orgeron to not get fired. If they get rid of him and make a decent hire before signing day, they’ll be fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

That didn't work out so well for us.  The worst thing in terms of recruiting that a program can have is going through a big chunk of the season with a coach everyone knows is getting fired.  They will end up with a few really good players who want to go to LSU because they are fans, but they are also going to lose out on a bunch of players they would normally get.  This year is going to be our best chance with stealing Louisiana kids because of Orgeron and potentially landing Arch during the season.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

LSU obviously has a ton of pull in LA, but they also haven't experienced a real down period in 20+ years. It's a lot easier to have loyalty when you're putting guys in the league and competing for championships. It wasn't that long ago that Mack had TX locked down. A few down years can drastically change the perception of a program.

Edited by TXpride

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting