Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

If it makes you feel better Florida is 4-5 and just lost to South Carolina
Zero fucks to give, but 3 high profile (and a couple semi high profile in froggy and Tceh) jobs coming open this year may reduce the realistic candidate pool when we're doing it ourselves very soon.

One is 23 years old with one of the best OC’s in the business and one is 20 with a run first cuck as his OC. You are crazy if you think sark couldn’t do magic with Calzada and his arm. You take away the Tech game and Casey is like 57% just as a reply [mention=6209]UTEE97[/mention]. 

Just like Sark creates magic with Hudson Card’s arm lol

7 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Card’s arm strength is better than Casey’s but calzada is bigger than card and has a stronger arm. 

Calzada has an absolute gun. In more ways than one, he really is just pulling the trigger and letting it rocket off wherever it’s pointed. It’s like an on/off switch, there’s no finessing.

52 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Good. Losing recruits forced Herman out more than anything. 
Let this place burn.    Hopefully people start decommiting soon. 

So either you're dumb enough to think we're firing Sark after 1 year, or you're dumb enough to think having a roster with little talent will really help the next guy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

So either you're dumb enough to think we're firing Sark after 1 year, or you're dumb enough to think having a roster with little talent will really help the next guy.

Jajaja.
 y’all always end up claiming these 4 star and 5 star recruits suck once they are on the field anyway.   So who cares?  

Edited by ONE YARD
  • Hook 'Em 2

I think part of the reason the Aggies gave Jimbo the big guaranteed long term contract was that it helps with recruiting.  It signals stability to recruits and assistant coaches.  It also lets the coaches think long term and not panic if there are hiccups.  Assistant coaches don't have to think they are moving their families again if we have a losing streak.  It can let everyone focus on coaching and fixing problems not panicking about their personal situation.

I also value accountability.  Coaches need to be accountable too.

I think there needs to be a good balance between stability and accountability for a program to have the best chance of success.

I do wonder if part of our problem is that as a program, and as a fanbase, is that we are very strong on accountability for errors and screwups but not great at signaling stability and consistency.

At your work, do you do your best work if everybody around you has a massive freakout if something bad happens?  Probably not.

Do you want to go work somewhere like that?  Do you want your son to play for a place like that?

I'm not saying we are wrong to want accountability but it seems to me that our whole atmosphere is about that and we do almost nothing to signal stability and consistency.  

When you don't actively promote stability and consistency then maybe you don't get stability and consistency.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Jajaja.
 y’all always end up claiming these 4 star and 5 star recruits suck once they are on the field anyway.   So who cares?  

I looked at it. I forgot the class I started, but it was J Gray and M Brown (the DT). Since that time Texas has 8 5 stars, if you count Bijan 4 of them will be drafted with JWhitt and Foster as maybes. During that same time Texas has taken 61 3 stars with 4 getting drafted. I am pretty sure I know which one I would like Texas to recruit 

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I looked at it. I forgot the class I started, but it was J Gray and M Brown (the DT). Since that time Texas has 8 5 stars, if you count Bijan 4 of them will be drafted with JWhitt and Foster as maybes. During that same time Texas has taken 61 3 stars with 4 getting drafted. I am pretty sure I know which one I would like Texas to recruit 

You don't think we recruit every 5 star player in the country? It has nothing to do with recruiting them, it's getting them to come. 

We have 4 5 stars on the roster; 1 is our best player, another has always been hurt, another is a true freshman playing a position he wasn't rated for and the last one is BJ Foster. Our 2018 and 2019 classes were both ranked 3rd in the nation and both have been disasters, the only good players from 2018 have all left for the NFL. Those 2 classes should be the leaders and best players on this years squad. Its important to stack talent but class ranking doesn't tell the whole story. 

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Tex-19 said:

I may have been premature with that post. Someone else posted that he was just dancing with this screenshot. So idk.

I figured at best he’s stoking the fire for clicks.  Just tired of giving af about him tbh.  He wants to waste away in sheepfuckville with Demas, have at it. 

We have 4 5 stars on the roster; 1 is our best player, another has always been hurt, another is a true freshman playing a position he wasn't rated for and the last one is BJ Foster. Our 2018 and 2019 classes were both ranked 3rd in the nation and both have been disasters, the only good players from 2018 have all left for the NFL. Those 2 classes should be the leaders and best players on this years squad. Its important to stack talent but class ranking doesn't tell the whole story. 

Worthy was a 5 star on On3.

17 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Sark's only chance is a total overhaul through the portal like Mel Tucker did (and even then I don't have much confidence). He absolutely HAS to land 2-3 good OLs, a much better QB and 1-2 good WRs. If he can do that, at least the offense should get rolling and he'll have something to build off of. More importantly though, the team needs a total culture change immediately and that's going to require major roster turnover.

The big near-term question for me - can he overcome these shitty offensive performances and still convince Ewers or another good QB to trust him? Idk but if he can't, he's done for. I still think that landing a Ewers along with a few portal OLs/WRs would lead to a solid year next year (thanks to an easier schedule), and landing Arch would give him a chance for the future. Maybe that still happens, but hard to have confidence in landing those guys after today.  

That’s where I am. It’s a very fine needle to try to thread, but that’s literally the only path forward. 

9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

LSU had the 4th, 5th and 3rd ranked classes from 2019-2021. Clemson had highly ranked classes, so did Michigan and Florida.

Yep. And those LSU kids will look like shit, still get drafted high, and perpetuate the SEC=League myth that keeps them in the top 5 perennially.  Where as most of the Texas kid will go late round or ufda, perpetuating the Texas can’t develop talent talking point, and we’ll continue to rely on the services giving our kids that bump to satiate the subscribers.  Rinse repeat.  How is Bama, UGa, and tOSU tops classes been doing lately? Oh yeah. 

And hes our 2nd best player

Sounds like we should get more 5 stars then. Maybe if this coach wants to keep his job he could knock a million off his 5MM salary and drop 10 100k bags. Couldn't hurt. May get him a fat Jimbo like extension. You have to spend money to make money.
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I was thinking how bad Herman was at recruiting. Just thinking of his tenure and this year, guys that committed to him did so little despite the rankings. Really good players were Bijan, Ossai, and Cosmi. That is pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head.  If you added Sterns I would not argue to much, but he kind of peaked as a freshmen 

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I was thinking how bad Herman was at recruiting. Just thinking of his tenure and this year, guys that committed to him did so little despite the rankings. Really good players were Bijan, Ossai, and Cosmi. That is pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head.  If you added Sterns I would not argue to much, but he kind of peaked as a freshmen 

Other than DLs and sorta WRs, players didn't develop under Herman. In fact, many got worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Other than DLs and sorta WRs, players didn't develop under Herman. In fact, many got worse. 

But all the DL that went to the NFL committed to Strong (Poona, Omenihu, Roach, and TQ (committed to Strong, signed with Herman). Same with WRs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Horrible higher rated evals and simply not recruiting positions was where Herman messed up. Comparing Texas’ high rated guys to other schools is laughably bad with our bust rate being bigger. It’s weird because Herman and Co. weren’t bad evaluators overall. They got lower rated guys like Cosmi, Sweat, Murphy, Sorrell, Connor, Karic, Tillman(before the injury) etc… that all are good or have shown to be good players. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting