Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

@texifornia is probably hanging out with Fawcett and working on some sweet edits. He can let us know what's going on. 

Yeah, but he won’t be able to update us without his phone…I’m assuming in any scenario where he’s in close proximity to Hayes that he’s also very near a hole, a shovel, and lye.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Typo
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Other than Baggins telling the Dewberrys that the Brinks truck was delayed until tomorrow, this weekend seems to be shaping up nicely.  I can't imagine Kam wanting to experience the Collie Station nightlife voluntarily.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/t7Yi9GNZpQY/sddefault.jpg

Are they chanting “Jews will not replace us” in this picture?

Nick at Nite: Visit day in Austin has Texas trending for multiple top targets

Nick Harris

Spoiler

Nick at Nite: Visit day in Austin has Texas trending for multiple top targets

Nick Harris

It was a busy day in Austin on Saturday as Texas welcomed in most of its 2022 commit class along with multiple targets in the 2022 and 2023 classes. However, the biggest name on campus was Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers.

Ewers entered the portal on Dec. 3, and while Texas has been a legitimate contender since the news first broke, so has Texas Tech.

The Red Raiders hosted Ewers last week for a visit and gave the Ewers family a lot to think about with head coach Joey McGuire and offensive coordinator Zach Kittley leading the charge. The buzz coming out of his visit was strong enough to officially label Texas Tech as a threat in this race.

Enter Saturday when the buzz with the Red Raiders was still strong. But quietly behind-the-scenes, so was Texas' confidence.

After a day in Austin, multiple sources have told Horns247 that the confidence in Texas landing Quinn Ewers grew today and that they expect a decision to come soon. The buzz coming out of today is the strongest we've heard from the Texas side since he entered the portal last Friday.

Texas Tech is angling to go in-home with Ewers Sunday as a final push before an expected decision comes.

---

There is also strong buzz coming out of Austin tonight that a 2023 prospect has made a commitment. We have confirmed who it is, but have not been given a go-ahead on entering a Crystal Ball. I can say is that it is a solid addition to the class that I think will help move that 2023 class forward with some steam.

---

Today's commitment from Kelvin Banks may not be the last one Texas sees on the offensive line before Early Signing Day. There is also buzz that Kyle Flood is moving closer to securing a commitment from one of his top targets after Banks' commitment today helped usher in some momentum at the position.

Get ready for a wild Signing Day week.

13 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I've been in the Happening Bunker since yesterday and it's just me and Banks down here, wtf.

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Hopefully you’re working on your mspaint highlighting the ewers recruitment starting from last year until signing day 

Not gonna lie - I dreamed that in ms paint last night. 

24 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I've been in the Happening Bunker since yesterday and it's just me and Banks down here, wtf.

Well I think Campbell officially decided yesterday as well and today Ewers should pick the good guys. That’s three, 5 star players in 24 hours. Not to mention it appears we became the favorites for Williams and have a punching chance now with Harris. I would call that a good day. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Man watching Duncanville destroy SLC yesterday, I wish Omari Abor was considering us, dudes a beast….

But

They have another OLB/DE 2024 C.Simmons, Mark my words he will be probably the best In the state barring no set backs…Texas needs to jump on him now…..

13 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Well I think Campbell officially decided yesterday as well and today Ewers should pick the good guys. That’s three, 5 star players in 24 hours. Not to mention it appears we became the favorites for Williams and have a punching chance now with Harris. I would call that a good day. 

Hope you got that McRib ready

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Have a real CFS to cap it off

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting