Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I love that movie, one of those 80’s films that wasn’t afraid to get a little dirtier than expected (Ronald fucking the brunette in the bathroom at the party). The cute lead died several years ago, seems like her life took some shitty turns. And Dempsey had a nice run. 

But Courtney Fucking Gains is my top ginger weirdo from that era. 

Malachai

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Dude was in both The Burbs and Colors.

No love for Hardbodies?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Many of y'all who are saying this is a bad look were on the (correct) side of the argument that players should be able to get paid. This is the other side of the same coin. 

When players weren't getting paid and the only cost was pretend and on paper then the value of being practice fodder made it acceptable to carry a player who wasn't contributing for multiple years. The math has changed. 

If Texas wants to compete in the new world then we can't start getting squeamish now. Players able to be paid is a good thing. They deserve it for what they do and what they provide. But once you're paid for something, expectations change. Welcome to life. 

This is exactly correct. The trap door sucks, but it swings both ways and kids have been leaving colleges at the altar for years. Now with the portal, they can leave anytime they like for greener pastures. These coaches are responsible for acquiring the most talent possible and winning games. If they fail at either of those, then they get trap doored. It's the new norm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I would think Murphy could pretty easily be sold on redshirting in 2022 (unless Ewers gets hurt) then a promise that he’d get a “package” of plays in 2023 to ensure he saw the field plenty as Ewers backup, setting him up to start in 2024 and then being the #1 pick in the 2025 NFL draft.

lol

Obviously I can’t speak for everyone but I remember the majority of this fanbase being excited for the recruiting abilities of this staff. I don’t recall their being much skepticism on any of the hires outside of Coleman, Joseph, and Stoops/Choate. This was the “best initial staff on paper since Mack.” I acknowledge that can be wrong about that though. 

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Obviously I can’t speak for everyone but I remember the majority of this fanbase being excited for the recruiting abilities of this staff. I don’t recall their being much skepticism on any of the hires outside of Coleman, Joseph, and Stoops/Choate. This was the “best initial staff on paper since Mack.” I acknowledge that can be wrong about that though. 

I think many thought it was the best "developmental" staff on paper.  Solid recruiters in Davis and Banks, the rest less proven in that respect.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Both Agbo and Murphy have liked pro Texas stuff within the last 24 hours. No cause for alarm here.

yeah, that isn't true...not like it is wrong by a ton but Murphy liked a post on 12/12 from DBrown that was his last pro Texas like (his other ones since then are the same twee about them winning a state championship)

https://twitter.com/SmvOperator/likes?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

edit: not that it really matters THAT much but last 36 hours seems oddly specific and matches up to M Murphy on twitter likes at least

Edited by NoName

45 minutes ago, NoName said:

re: Murphy

nothing new on twitter follower front: https://en.whotwi.com/SmvOperator/friends

nothing new on likes (although last non state championship like he had was 12/12)

I don't know the extent of his injury in the championship game, but I wonder if he could be doing some sort of surgery and that is why he is quiet? I am not reading too much into it, Malik has known for months that we were pursuing another QB. I love the kid and would be shocked if he flipped. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I like the tits in Hardbodies. Gains was annoying as fuck in that movie. Which means he nailed the role. So, good job, Courtney, I hated your character. 

(But holy shit, isn’t that one of the worst acted movies ever?)

There was acting in that movie?

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Many of y'all who are saying this is a bad look were on the (correct) side of the argument that players should be able to get paid. This is the other side of the same coin. 

When players weren't getting paid and the only cost was pretend and on paper then the value of being practice fodder made it acceptable to carry a player who wasn't contributing for multiple years. The math has changed. 

If Texas wants to compete in the new world then we can't start getting squeamish now. Players able to be paid is a good thing. They deserve it for what they do and what they provide. But once you're paid for something, expectations change. Welcome to life. 

Also known in the biz as

Real. Recruiting.

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man I just feel that Winfield will be JAG. He doesn't pop out as special. I don't know shit per usual, but I just don't get the hype for this kid. Lost of kids look great in their senior film, but imo he'll end up transferring. I hope like shit I'm wrong and he balls the fuck out. 

Did you miss the part of this thread....literally on this page, where he is predicted to go to Baylor?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man I just feel that Winfield will be JAG. He doesn't pop out as special. I don't know shit per usual, but I just don't get the hype for this kid. Lost of kids look great in their senior film, but imo he'll end up transferring. I hope like shit I'm wrong and he balls the fuck out. 

I am not a  "watch the tape' guy but my opinion about WR's is that unless you do something exceptionally well (speed, hands,  routes, blocking, ect.) then you are probably a JAG and will be on the Alvonte Woodard plan until you force yourself to develop a skill that will be critical to playing. And I haven't heard anyone gleaming about any elite traits regarding Winfield. He might have some that will develop later but right now I see a JAG as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, burdine said:

I think many thought it was the best "developmental" staff on paper.  Solid recruiters in Davis and Banks, the rest less proven in that respect.

This is what I remember being the consensus. Sark struck no one here as the second coming of Mack Brown. Posters talked about how these guys put players in the NFL and that is how they attracted recruits. Banks and Davis were known as SEC men (i.e. bag men) as the way they got recruits. Players not getting better this year probably hurt on selling recruits. Also, not having bags this year through NIL on the defensive side also hurt.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting