Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, Mdhorn said:

Welp, there goes Perkins. 

Well, the announcement that it would be 2023 wasn't coming out before February anyway, so, I wouldn't lose sleep over perkins.

We'll see about 2025. When do the other schools arrive in the big 12? There are reasons keeping us around till 2025 doesn't help the Big 12 either. 

Pretty sure OU could issue some bonds or get a loan from a bank to front the costs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SarksJuggs said:

Smh…broke sons of bitches.

That dude was pimping TCU, Tech, Ok St, and Baylor to the SEC back in August so the SEC could “fully” lockdown the Texas market after us and OU accepted invites. He doesn’t know jack shit. He’s on equal footing as Tim Shepherd as far as I’m concerned.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think Stewart is going to end up like Petersen did. I will never forget him putting on that OU hat and saying “Texas is good but if you want to win championships, you go to Oklahoma!” during the All-Star game. Fuck him for that. I hope every member of the 2005 team shows him what a proper championship ring looks like. He got a bag but nothing else
Why stop when you are rolling

2 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

I think Stewart is going to end up like Petersen did. I will never forget him putting on that OU hat and saying “Texas is good but if you want to win championships, you go to Oklahoma!” during the All-Star game. Fuck him for that. I hope every member of the 2005 team shows him what a proper championship ring looks like. He got a bag but nothing else

just quoting this in case anyone missed it the previous 47 times. LOL

2 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

It's one of those stories that gets better and better each time it's told.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, the announcement that it would be 2023 wasn't coming out before February anyway, so, I wouldn't lose sleep over perkins.

We'll see about 2025. When do the other schools arrive in the big 12? There are reasons keeping us around till 2025 doesn't help the Big 12 either. 

Pretty sure OU could issue some bonds or get a loan from a bank to front the costs. 

If you believe this guy (which you probably should not), that will also happen in 2025:

12 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Knowing that Adrian Peterson got whipped by the team that Texas beat for the National title in 2005 while he watched Texas celebrate the victory in the Rose Bowl on TV was the icing on the cake for me. Traitor. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, irishtexan said:

If he supports Oklahoma State he's making up bullshit to try to fuck UT and OU the day before signing day. It's total unsubstantiated bullshit. No one else is reporting it. 

Swaim is one of the biggest morons on Twitter. He tweets this type shit often. None of it ends up being true. 

I’m too lazy to go find all his realignment rumors over the years but some are hilariously dumb. The fact this guy is even getting any play time is the sad nature of social media. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

If you believe this guy (which you probably should not), that will also happen in 2025:

Yeah, prettaaaay sure they're joining in 2024. 

https://big12sports.com/news/2021/9/10/big-12-conference-adds-four-new-members.aspx

The Big 12 Conference today announces that Brigham Young University, the University of Central Florida, the University of Cincinnati, and the University of Houston will become members no later than the 2024-25 athletic year.

Now, maybe that 2024 athletic year somehow has it's first football season in 2025. But that seems odd to me. 

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I don't know the extent of his injury in the championship game, but I wonder if he could be doing some sort of surgery and that is why he is quiet? I am not reading too much into it, Malik has known for months that we were pursuing another QB. I love the kid and would be shocked if he flipped. 

Yeah. Wondering if he maybe got bad news on his injury and is in the dumps a bit. 

If he decommits we will know. No point in sweating it. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I get there is more time left- and X didn't end up coming our way until the summer- but dang- this should be a pretty easy sell in this offense and right now it's just not getting taken care of.  Coleman might be the worst coach we've had on staff since, who, Wareheim?

Maybe Whittington stays healthy this year.

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Fug said:

Could be but it's doubtful.  Not sure why people keep assuming that departing schools will have to pay the full exit amounts, when none of the previous schools that left the B12 came anywhere close to doing so.

• Haha 1

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Could be but it's doubtful.  Not sure why people keep assuming that departing schools will have to pay the full exit amounts, when none of the previous schools that left the B12 came anywhere close to doing so.

Current view of Bob Bowlsby:

buttspray.gif

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting