The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm not saying that every person on coke acts like Navarro in this interview, but only people on coke could act like Navarro in this interview.  I didn't think you could still do that shit at 72 years of age but Don, Jr. musta talked him into it.  Or some kinda speed/amphetamine pill anyway.  I watched it one more time, there is no way he's not whacked out on something.  I mean besides Trump's purity of essence.  

Edited by Lobo

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm not saying that every person on coke acts like Navarro in this interview, but only people on coke could act like Navarro in this interview.  I didn't think you could still do that shit at 72 years of age but Don, Jr. musta talked him into it.  Or some kinda speed/amphetamine pill anyway.  I watched it one more time, there is no way he's not whacked out on something.  I mean besides Trump's purity of essence.  

Yeah I could definitely see speed being the drug but coke is similar and it’s hard to tell the difference without a drug test.

Nothing here about the new Hannity stuff? Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but it relates to the committee.

Hannity was in communication with White House prior to Jan. 6 discussing planning for Jan. 6.

Washington Post House Jan. 6 committee requests information from Fox News host Sean Hannity

In a letter to Hannity on Tuesday, the heads of the committee wrote that they were in possession of material that suggested Hannity “had advance knowledge regarding President Trump’s and his legal team’s planning for January 6th.”

That information also showed Hannity expressed concerns and provided advice to Trump and White House staff members about that planning, wrote Reps. Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) and Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), the chair and vice chair of the committee, respectively.

“You also had relevant communications while the riot was underway, and in the days thereafter,” they wrote. “These communications make you a fact witness in our investigation.”

According to the letter, the panel already has dozens of text messages that Hannity sent to and received from former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

For example, according to the committee letter, Hannity texted Meadows on Dec. 31, 2020: “We can’t lose the entire WH counsels office. I do NOT see January 6 happening the way he is being told. After the 6 th. [sic] He should announce will lead the nationwide effort to reform voting integrity. Go to Fl and watch Joe mess up daily. Stay engaged. When he speaks people will listen.”

9 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Nothing here about the new Hannity stuff? Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but it relates to the committee.

Hannity was in communication with White House prior to Jan. 6 discussing planning for Jan. 6.

Washington Post House Jan. 6 committee requests information from Fox News host Sean Hannity

I posted a little something about it last night after Anderson Cooper opened his show on it. I mentioned that Hannity was being represented by Jay Sekulow. Hannity was practically a White House advisor like Jared and Ivanka except without an office or title. He spoke to Trump by phone almost daily and has appeared with him at campaign events. I expect Hannity to try to please the boss and be as uncooperative as possible. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sekulow is trying to figure a way to argue executive privilege to shield Hannity from a charge of contempt and I say that only mostly facetiously. That seems like the sort of thing they’d do. Sekulow represented Trump in the Russia investigation so this is the second lawyer Trump and Hannity have shared that I know of, the first being Michael Cohen who only had those two as clients.

I have no doubt that Hannity was firmly in the loop as plans were made to overturn the election. All the better to craft a complementary message to spin on his show every night. That’s his job.

• Rage+1 1

One thing I’d like to know is what Hannity was talking about when he texted this to Mark Meadows and Jim Jordan on Jan. 10:

“Guys, we have a clear path to land the plane in 9 days. He can’t mention the election again. Ever. I did not have a good call with him today. And worse, I’m not sure what is left to do or say, and I don’t like not knowing if it’s truly understood. Ideas?”

What was supposed to happen on the 19th, the day before Biden’s inauguration?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I expect Hannity to try to please the boss and be as uncooperative as possible. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sekulow is trying to figure a way to argue executive privilege to shield Hannity from a charge of contempt

This will be very interesting.  As far as I can recall, executive privilege has only been asserted over "internal" communications in the executive branch.  That is, among actual executive branch officers and appointees and employees.

It would seem difficult and problematic to be able to assert executive privilege over any confederacy of dunces that informally consult with the president or white house on any given issue.

Unfortunately, the current case up at the Supreme Court probably won't resolve any of that, because it deals with privilege in the context of the Presidential Records Act, only.

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

One thing I’d like to know is what Hannity was talking about when he texted this to Mark Meadows and Jim Jordan on Jan. 10:

“Guys, we have a clear path to land the plane in 9 days. He can’t mention the election again. Ever. I did not have a good call with him today. And worse, I’m not sure what is left to do or say, and I don’t like not knowing if it’s truly understood. Ideas?”

I, too, was curious about this.  But the more I think about it, I think it's just Hannity's recognition that Trump is unstable with respect to the transition and that he needed to move on to undermining Biden and perhaps preparing for a 2024 run.

So "landing the plane," means getting Trump to the inauguration and out of office without a psychobilly freakout.

Just another data point in the whole GOP/Trump operation knows how terrible Trump is, and fears what he will do next, only to be emboldened when whatever psychotic shit he pulls doesn't immediately destroy his credibility with the base.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, I'm a little puzzled. I mean, did they believe that the voter stuff was going to gain traction (thanks to Hannity, et al)? Had the chambers not been breached and Pence had not stuck around, then the Lindell martial law (and he was not the first one with that idea, he was the stooge) plan was going to keep things on ice but that didn't work out that way. So his text was on the tenth, and by then the somber GOP voices on the 7th had begun to pivot. So, I cannot figure what that was other than Hannity perhaps just trying to get Trump through the job until move out day.

And @TwiceHorn with the quick reply. Rep to you!

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This will be very interesting.  As far as I can recall, executive privilege has only been asserted over "internal" communications in the executive branch.  That is, among actual executive branch officers and appointees and employees.

It would seem difficult and problematic to be able to assert executive privilege over any confederacy of dunces that informally consult with the president or white house on any given issue.

Unfortunately, the current case up at the Supreme Court probably won't resolve any of that, because it deals with privilege in the context of the Presidential Records Act, only.

You know they'll try it though, because this is the exact same as how they thought any conversation with an attorney in the room was automatically attorney-client privileged. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I, too, was curious about this.  But the more I think about it, I think it's just Hannity's recognition that Trump is unstable with respect to the transition and that he needed to move on to undermining Biden and perhaps preparing for a 2024 run.

So "landing the plane," means getting Trump to the inauguration and out of office without a psychobilly freakout.

Just another data point in the whole GOP/Trump operation knows how terrible Trump is, and fears what he will do next, only to be emboldened when whatever psychotic shit he pulls doesn't immediately destroy his credibility with the base.

I could see that. The whole landing the plane thing makes it sound like they might still have had some plan in the works, but maybe he just meant it’s time to stop the ride and get off. That could be fitting coming from Hannity given his Dec 31 text suggesting that Trump “Go to Fl and watch Joe mess up daily.” After all, for eight years the Fox News programming model was to go on the air and express outrage over whatever it was Obama did that day. Hannity’s job was pretty easy to do back then and he’d probably be just fine returning to that format.

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You know they'll try it though, because this is the exact same as how they thought any conversation with an attorney in the room was automatically attorney-client privileged.

Even if Trump had already tweeted about it. There are no guard rails with that bunch. 

13 hours ago, Lobo said:

I imagine interview prep in Trump world looks like this...

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

for eight years the Fox News programming model was to go on the air and express outrage over whatever it was Obama did that day. Hannity’s job was pretty easy to do back then and he’d probably be just fine returning to that format.

I'm too lazy to look this up myself, but I'd bet a significant chunk of change that Hannity's ratings are higher since Trump left office and that's his silver lining. He just needed a semi-spotless and apparently sane Trump to hold up in contrast to Biden for his viewers. A low bar - I know - but the alternative would have been much more difficult to prop up.

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That so many viewers do not see the cozy relationship above as problematic is mind blowing.

What makes this difference from Chris Cuomo blurring the lines is Hannity is not related to Trump, so he shouldn’t be fired. Right?

17 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm I the only one who thinks cocaine isn't a hellava drug?

I’ve a friend who’s a judge and he extols the effects of chewing coca leaves when climbing the Andes. Another friend of mine, a recovering cocaine addict, tells me she can easily say no to cocaine in powdered or smokable form, but knows she could not say no to a needle of the stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I could see that. The whole landing the plane thing makes it sound like they might still have had some plan in the works, but maybe he just meant it’s time to stop the ride and get off. That could be fitting coming from Hannity given his Dec 31 text suggesting that Trump “Go to Fl and watch Joe mess up daily.” After all, for eight years the Fox News programming model was to go on the air and express outrage over whatever it was Obama did that day. Hannity’s job was pretty easy to do back then and he’d probably be just fine returning to that format.

My first thought was Hannity wanting to get Trump out of D.C. and back to Florida.  Perhaps Trump was using some kind of substance that had him high, and Hannity was trying to bring him down.  That thought occurred, given the wording that Hannity used.

Either way,  the sooner they got him to Florida, the quicker they had him out of the public spotlight, away from the uncontrollable media. When you look at it from Hannity's perspective, he's wanting to protect the brand.  If Trump went into full-blown psychological breakdown, public or not, illicit substance-driven or not, that would really damage the brand.  

My guess is that Hannity's conversation with Trump led him (Hannity) to believe that Trump was in borderline freakout mode. We don't know all of Hannity's conversation with Trump, but what Trump had been doing was bad enough, both before and on January 6th, and just imagine if he went all-out freakout and ordered his fans to storm the inauguration or stop Biden using any means possible? 

And again, as WTB said, Hannity and Fox News does better when they are the opposition and a liberal is in the White House. Hannity and Fox News were just fine with Trump out of the WH.  Fox News was one of the first, if not the first, to call Arizona.

So...what's America doing tomorrow for the big anniversary tomorrow?  Put on the tea...I have stories!  

I'm noticing a slightly bigger than usual police presence at our own state Capitol this evening.  Won't really know until tomorrow morning?  What time exactly was that Washington Monument speech by Trump last year?  I wonder how many times PilotsError can jerk off in a 24-hour news cycle.  This is like the Super Bowl on Acid for some MAGA folks, no?  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

So...what's America doing tomorrow for the big anniversary tomorrow?  Put on the tea...I have stories!  

I'm noticing a slightly bigger than usual police presence at our own state Capitol this evening.  Won't really know until tomorrow morning?  What time exactly was that Washington Monument speech by Trump last year?  I wonder how many times PilotsError can jerk off in a 24-hour news cycle.  This is like the Super Bowl on Acid for some MAGA folks, no?  

MAGA crowd will be too chickenshit to do anything at the U.S. Capitol.  They've watched too many of their real estate agents/lawyers/basement dwellers getting some prison time/losing jobs/etc.

That's why I think they'll make their wishes known at other venues tomorrow.  I'm purposely avoiding the Texas Capitol, all Golden Corrals, and any panels being moderated by a Mister Ronan Sinatra.  

On 1/4/2022 at 9:07 AM, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, if you take that number as correct, over 100, just wow.  That's over a quarter of the party and damn near 40%.

It was 100 from the combined House and Senate.  IIRC they needed a simple majority in both houses to reject the electors and send them back to the states.  Navarro completely ignores this in his plan.

You Don't Have The Votes GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

It was 100 from the combined House and Senate.  IIRC they needed a simple majority in both houses to reject the electors and send them back to the states.  Navarro completely ignores this in his plan.

You Don't Have The Votes GIFs | Tenor

Well when you remember they don’t play by the rules, this is pretty irrelevant. Violence and force spits on the rules. 

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Troy Nehls on PBS seems to enjoy being a drama Queen on Newshour 

4 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

He’s been tweeting the GQP lines almost daily. Dude is my rep. He barely won and hopefully loses this term.

Yet another interloper coming to Texas to live out his illiberal fantasies.

Yet another interloper coming to Texas to live out his illiberal fantasies.

He was a mediocre sheriff. But - he was white, wore a cowboy hat and talked real nice, so all the suburbanites liked him just enough to get him elected.
He has an issue with Twitter and “free speech,” yet he, acting as a government official tracked down a person with FUCK TRUMP sticker on the back window of their truck to force them to remove it.

Dude is a walking GOP boot licker.
  • Rage+1 1