2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I think he was supposed to be their starter this year but has been in the dog house. I think basically practice performance. Looks like he never really regained the job so I'm not sure how I'd feel about using a portal spot on him (feel like we have bigger positions of need). Article below

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/story/sports/college/football/2021/11/10/nick-saban-jahleel-billingsley-alabama-football/6379745001/

Yeah not sure a guy who played at Bama could play at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I think he was supposed to be their starter this year but has been in the dog house. I think basically practice performance. Looks like he never really regained the job so I'm not sure how I'd feel about using a portal spot on him (feel like we have bigger positions of need). Article below

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/story/sports/college/football/2021/11/10/nick-saban-jahleel-billingsley-alabama-football/6379745001/

No, it's because he didn't get vaccinated.

image.thumb.png.6481bb3cbc6e8099e1ab6cfdcb6fa061.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Saw article starting with the transfer portal there are now approximately 500 fewer spots that will be given to high school seniors.  I think that number will be even higher.

For perspective, 15% less HS players signing last year, ~20%+ this year.

It's basically created an incentive for those deemed "best" out of high school to prosper even more while fewer and fewer kids actually are given an opportunity to go to college on scholarship.

Thats only because there are so many players with extra years cause of covid

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

The few times I watched Bama this season, Billingsly would stick out, usually not in a good way. I distinctly remember he had some key drops vs Aggy. He really looked aloof at times.

So did a lot of our team. Buy in is real. It’s very possible he played harder because of Banks. Also, maybe he just doesn’t care. 

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The Western Kentucky guy is going to the Senior Bowl. I'm interested to see if Chase Garbers portals after Cal's game Saturday.

If you like mobile QBs with a noodle arm, panics when blitzed and is wildly inaccurate on even the most basic of throws, Chase Garbers could be your guy!

Wildly inconsistent...Texas could do soooooooooo much better

23 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

If you like mobile QBs with a noodle arm, panics when blitzed and is wildly inaccurate on even the most basic of throws, Chase Garbers could be your guy!

Wildly inconsistent...Texas could do soooooooooo much better

Or we could just collect the whole set!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm confused by the play where he leaps over the RB trying to block him then changes direction to sack the QB. From what I can tell based on our season, once you are running toward the QB you are not allowed to come off of that line until you're 5 yards past where he used to be.

No in our system he would have been taught to take on the block and not vacate the gap. So the opposing RB would not go low if that LB played for us since all the RB would need to do is engage due to the QB being in no danger.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)