2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

2 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

I wonder who the mystery WR is. I doubt it's Mims, I feel like his name is mentioned too much for this level of secrecy. Maybe Earle? Texas + Sark connection makes a lot of sense with him.

In the recruiting thread someone said Quentin Johnston 

1 minute ago, OB3 said:

In the recruiting thread someone said Quentin Johnston 

If so, timing seems funny.  TCU had coaching change and ain't bowling, not sure why he'd be waiting to make a portal announcement.  Coordinated with Texas coaches to try to aid in recruitment of someone like, oh I don't know, Evan Stewart?

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

If so, timing seems funny.  TCU had coaching change and ain't bowling, not sure why he'd be waiting to make a portal announcement.  Coordinated with Texas coaches to try to aid in recruitment of someone like, oh I don't know, Evan Stewart?

Apparently he hasn't decided whether to leave or not yet. I don't think Stewart has anything to do with it. Also Stewart ship has sailed unless he wants to portal here next year.

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

Or it has something to do with the timing of portal replacement numbers.  There was a Dec 15th (or end of semester) date that effected whether that replacement counted against your numbers.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mvlonghorns said:

Apparently he hasn't decided whether to leave or not yet. I don't think Stewart has anything to do with it. Also Stewart ship has sailed unless he wants to portal here next year.

I never saw, did Stewart actually sign?  I don't think he comes here, but just curious if that's finally locked down

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I never saw, did Stewart actually sign?  I don't think he comes here, but just curious if that's finally locked down

Not yet but he was hanging out with Demas all day yesterday and several aggy players mentioned when he was signing before 995ers knew, so that paints a pretty clear picture.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Interesting. But that senior safety is now going on the the NFL,so presumably Watts would be next man up.

Maybe the doctors discovered that he's allergic to women wearing flannel shirts.

Or maybe the coaching staff that Watts committed to play for is not going to be there on the defensive side of the ball.

55 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Maybe but I'd still take an experienced transfer rental to bridge the gap until the 22s are ready. 

The two biggest portal OL were complete busts at OU and aggy respectively. There is no guarantee that you are getting an upgrade over what Texas has returning and bringing in. Plus if you are trying to close Campbell for NSD #2, bringing in portal along the OL isn't the best way to do it.

I think if you are wanting to bring in a portal OL they better be Donovan Jackson or the Brocks, otherwise be happy with the 7 2022 kids you got.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

So youre buddy's opinion is that the bag game is never going to be minimized and it will always be the large determining factor in things? Well ok?

Your point is spot on.  There was a lot of cognitive dissonance.  Hand waving aside the possibility that a recruit might take the money and bolt with “Well that’s just not how things are done in the game.”  Placing your faith in uncles and a “gentleman’s agreement” when we’re moving to an era with free transfers and indirect recruiting of your roster seems like sticking your head in the sand.

Sounds like Bama might be about to land Ricks (already happened), Gibbs, and Boutte (hasn't entered portal yet). 

Jesus. This is why 247 needed that new overall team rankings that calculates the transfer portal and recruiting class together. That would be an absolutely insane haul in terms of transfers. 

The game is also changing now. Looks like Saban is going to grab 3 to 5 top transfers moving forward even with these stacked recruiting classes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Sounds like Bama might be about to land Ricks (already happened), Gibbs, and Boutte (hasn't entered portal yet). 

Jesus. This is why 247 needed that new overall team rankings that calculates the transfer portal and recruiting class together. That would be an absolutely insane haul in terms of transfers. 

The game is also changing now. Looks like Saban is going to grab 3 to 5 top transfers moving forward even with these stacked recruiting classes. 

And yet, they fucked up against the fighting Calzadas.

But after that - of course they put it all together, get into the playoffs, and will probably go on to win it all ... unbelievable.

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

2 of his best players this year were transfers: LB H.To'oto'o and WR J.Williams.

Didn't stop him from crying like a bitch about losing RB K.Robinson to us though.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

2 of his best players this year were transfers: LB H.To'oto'o and WR J.Williams.

Didn't stop him from crying like a bitch about losing RB K.Robinson to us though.  

Well, he is 5’4”.  I mean no matter how many titles he wins his tombstone will always read, “Here lies Nick Saban; the greatest manlet there ever was.”

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)