2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

8 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

He was decent until he hurt his thumb. Maybe even better than decent. But shit went south with his thumb from then on. He became scapegoat. I appreciate his efforts and time put in but he needs a new start. Card and his goofy mustache can just gtfo.

He was good against bad defenses. He was abysmal against good defenses.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He was good against bad defenses. He was abysmal against good defenses.

Doesn’t change the fact that he played half the season with a broken thumb or whatever that is still swollen double it’s normal size….  He was going to be a very good backup option.  This will be another Rising situation.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, RGBIII said:

FYI on TE, we are probably getting a VERY good TE from the portal after the MNC. Who knows what numbers look like next year but burnt ends probably get a raise. Sure would be a shame if other non burnt end members got shamed enough to where we could give them all 20k each instead….

You keep saying that.  I'm going to keep not believing it - until it happens - and then I'll double my Burnt Ends contribution.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

FYI on TE, we are probably getting a VERY good TE from the portal after the MNC. Who knows what numbers look like next year but burnt ends probably get a raise. Sure would be a shame if other non burnt end members got shamed enough to where we could give them all 20k each instead….

I forgot about the TE from Bama. That will be nice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Doesn’t change the fact that he played half the season with a broken thumb or whatever that is still swollen double it’s normal size….  He was going to be a very good backup option.  This will be another Rising situation.  

He's not as good as Rising. Never was. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

They have to get a portal guy now.  No way we run out with just two true freshman.  Card having to start is a nightmare senecio and not a option, he needed to transfer and Thompson stay.  

Card is about what most programs have at backup. Ewers is a RS freshman. Wright is also a RS freshman. This is a weird post.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, immamac said:

Bet confirmed. $1000 straight up.

@closetojumping for no one currently on campus starting day 1 for the 2022 season (ULM). 

@closetohumping for anyone currently on campus starting day 1 for the 2022 season(ULM).

push condition for injury of heir apparent or named starter before game 1 leading to a switch in the winner (on campus named starter gets hurt and off campus starter gets start or visa versa) no push condition if there is no change in winner (off campus replaces off campus or visa versa)

this isn’t first snap, this is depth chart released starter.

My my my 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

I have seen the shame angle work at least a half dozen times on surly so shame away from your moral perches, burntsurlys

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

If Quinn Ewers isn't already light years ahead of Card, and wouldn't start over him if we played tomorrow, then we've been sold a bill of goods.

There's going to be a competition and Card already knows the playbook so he has a slight advantage there. If Sark is who we think he is, Card will be much better next year. Not saying Quinn won't or shouldn't  start but the worst thing for us would be for there not to be a real competition for the job.

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Card is about what most programs have at backup. Ewers is a RS freshman. Wright is also a RS freshman. This is a weird post.

Minus Card, this is what we had in 2006.  Colt McCoy as a redshirt freshman, and Jevan Sneed as a true freshman. 

Mind you, we also had a national championship offensive line, Jamaal Charles and Selvin Young in the backfield, and Limas Sweed, Quan Cosby, a finally-healthy Jordan Shipley at WR.

• Hook 'Em 1

We were fortunate to have him on the roster to get through this season.  JAG that would have developed better under Milwee/Sark for 3 years instead of whatever coaching he had with Herman.  I am looking forward to his dad unloading on Texas and how unfair coaches were to his son. I need a good laugh. 

I wonder how much longer until Williams makes a decision? Thompson could get them through until Evers and whoever else is on the roster or comes in. 

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Minus Card, this is what we had in 2006.  Colt McCoy as a redshirt freshman, and Jevan Sneed as a true freshman. 

Mind you, we also had a national championship offensive line, Jamaal Charles and Selvin Young in the backfield, and Limas Sweed, Quan Cosby, a finally-healthy Jordan Shipley at WR.

Jamaal Charles - Bijan

Selvin Young - Johnson

Sweed - Worthy

Cosby - fuck

Shipley - gdi

Offensive line - ...

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

There's going to be a competition and Card already knows the playbook so he has a slight advantage there. If Sark is who we think he is, Card will be much better next year. Not saying Quinn won't or shouldn't  start but the worst thing for us would be for there not to be a real competition for the job.

If Card stays there may be a competition just for perception but everyone knows it’s going to be Ewers next season. 

Who do you think the staff is telling recruits/transfers will be the QB next year? It isn’t Card. 

It isn't a slam dunk for Card to transfer now that Thompson is out of the way.  Yes, he knows that it is extremely likely that Ewers will be the starter.  But Card will still get to develop under Sark and will be one play way from being the starter and will likely play mopup time in most games.  Unless he gets a guaranteed starter's job at a Power 5 school I would advise him to stick it out at least another year.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

If Card stays there may be a competition just for perception but everyone knows it’s going to be Ewers next season. 

Who do you think the staff is telling recruits/transfers will be the QB next year? It isn’t Card. 

Thats a problem if hes just being handed the job and I guarantee that is not the case. He needs to go earn the job, we are trying to correct our culture of entitlement.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

It isn't a slam dunk for Card to transfer now that Thompson is out of the way.  Yes, he knows that it is extremely likely that Ewers will be the starter.  But Card will still get to develop under Sark and will be one play way from being the starter and will likely play mopup time in most games.  Unless he gets a guaranteed starter's job at a Power 5 school I would advise him to stick it out at least another year.

ORRRRRRR he could move to WR and play every down

• Like 1

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

It is a good idea to get certain players into McCombs. I've never really thought about it but it could really help keep somebody like Card. 

I've actually wondered about grad transfers (in general, not just McCombs, but especially McCombs). 

Solid college players - esp. QBs - who are realistic enough to know they don't have a chance in the NFL.  Hold a clipboard, set a high floor, get a very valuable graduate degree ... 

• Like 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)