2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

57 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

think the last time I watched him play was against Oregon

The Bo Nix v. Justin Herbert game in Arlington? That’s probably the last time I saw him play. Oregon gave that game away. Likely kept them out of the playoffs.  We’ll see what kind of fit this is. Bo knows Nike. 

8 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I thought we lost all those games this year to improve our draft position in the portal.  

I mean we kinda did considering our season ended in November while most of the schools we are competing against in the portal are busy prepping for a bowl game. 

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yep, Boutte to Bama appears to be a given. Saban manipulating LSU and the state of Louisiana is as funny as is horrifying. 

That's what they say, but Alabama is loaded (in a Ron White voice).  He may want to go somewhere where he is guaranteed to get lots of touches. OTOH, Alabama has been tampering with him for awhile so they have a large lead in the race.

Is a quick cash grab all these guys want? Who would transfer to a school that did not  even try to complete a forward pass to a WR? 

I swear to god I’m negging every one of you stupid fucks that keeps asking this fucking question. It was a good question the first time it was asked three months ago, but this ad nauseam bullshit is making me stabby.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Is a quick cash grab all these guys want? Who would transfer to a school that did not  even try to complete a forward pass to a WR? 

If Evan Stewart were portaling, he would. He’s a fucking moron who believes it will be different this time. 

17 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I swear to god I’m negging every one of you stupid fucks that keeps asking this fucking question. It was a good question the first time it was asked three months ago, but this ad nauseam bullshit is making me stabby.

The ghost of John Mueller lives!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If discussing things over and over again makes you homicidal, I would suggest another site. Feel free to skip over my posts or fuck your face whichever one is easier for you. 

Cheese puns make me a little stabby, a muenster if you will.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Sunflower seed (and now defunct condom) NIL game is already saturated. Gotta go with the bags of cash. I'd rather the receivers end up at aggy than Alabama to be honest, I don't think Jimbo knows what to do with them.

IT Scoop:

CB Ryan Watts, Ohio State via Little Elm (Little Elm, TX):

When the 6-foot-3, 187-pound corner from the metroplex recently entered the NCAA transfer portal, it was just what the Longhorns needed. An opportunity to snag a former four-star defensive back with both experience and plenty of eligibility remaining.

Currently, Watts talks with Texas, LSU, and Baylor, while Texas Tech, USC, and Ole Miss have enquired about his services.

"I love how I already had a relationship with most of the (Texas) staff," Watts told IT. "Think it's a great opportunity to come in and play. (UT) is an amazing university."

We see a decision coming later this week as Watts prepares to enroll at his new institution in January. Texas looks fantastic here and just has to hold serve.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Are we supposed to know the reputation of La Jolla Country Day?

I believe Gil resides in San Diego.  I know nothing of the school, but if you take La Jolla, and add the words Country Day after it, I can draw a pretty reasonable conclusion about the sort of student that school produces.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

If a student-athlete announces to enter the portal, are they still on scholarship, still able to live in the athletic dorm, etc.   What if they aren’t picked up from the portal?

I read that once a player enters the portal, per the NCAA,  they must be allowed to continue thru their current term (semester/quarter) at the school if the student so chooses.

There seems to be some conflicting info on whether the school has to accept them back and maintain their scholarship if the player wants to remove their name out of the portal...

On HornFM today, it was reported that Craig Way has said that NCAA rules do not allow a school to refuse a scholarship to a player that returns from the portal -- I have seen multiple articles that say the opposite.

Ex:  https://www.si.com/college/2019/02/18/transfer-portal-scholarship-limits-initial-counter-rule

Quote:  "Here’s why players need to make a raw, honest evaluation of their situations before they enter the portal. Once a player enters the portal, the player’s current school is under no obligation to keep that player on scholarship. "

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Thank You The Office GIFs | Tenor

Now back to scholarship numbers, best weight for 6'7" lacrosse players/DEs to carry, and CFS.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What do others think?

In the past 10 months I've heard that Texas is getting a transfer from:

1) Jaxon Smith-Ngiba

2) Mims

3) Quentin Johnson

4) Cody Jackson

5) Demond Demas

6) Several guys on Bama's WR depth chart

7) Probably forgetting several

So, some others probably think that they'll believe that kind of shit when they see it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)