2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

My teacher wife's day is, up at 5:00a to be at work by 6:30a to have an hour without the kids. After the kids leave at 2:45p she has team meetings and planning until 5-5:30p. She leaves school at 5-5:30p and comes home to be with her family for about about 1.5 hours before picking up her planning/grading/testing result dissemination for parents/kids. Once she does that she gets to all of the emails the parents and admin send her. She finishes/quits around 11-11:30p to go to bed. Her schedule on the weekends is similar, without the going to school and teaching portion. 

Like you, my idea of teaching when my wife first mentioned she was going to quit her job 12 years ago, was that she would be home by 3p everyday and dinner would be ready and waiting on me and our daughter when she got home. Nothing could be further from the truth. I've finally convinced her to leave her job after this year and hope to hell she does. The amount of bullshit from the admin and parents is enough to drive someone crazy, and she is a prime example. Don't believe me? Go sit in any classroom for a week and watch how a teacher spends her day.

Also, the "Summer" that teachers get is filled with required training classes, workshops, and planning groups, oh and a team building exercise with their school.

Ignorant people are ignorant. Are there shitty teachers? Yes, and they make the other 95% of teachers look bad. Rant over.

PS - It wouldn't surprise me if Demas left, but don't think it will happen this year. Next year though...

PPS - moar nurse sloots

Teaching is a thankless, underpaid job... ESPECIALLY for the good teachers.  My ex (no pics) was 3x teacher of the year...  I hated her job...  she had me grading papers on NFL Sundays... (Of course, I figured out how to be a shitty grader...) We spent hundreds, if not more, every year to buy supplies... she made $40k... which is why she left, went to law school and become an attorney.

My sons's teachers are bailing out for industry jobs this year... can't blame'em.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

My teacher wife's day is, up at 5:00a to be at work by 6:30a to have an hour without the kids. After the kids leave at 2:45p she has team meetings and planning until 5-5:30p. She leaves school at 5-5:30p and comes home to be with her family for about about 1.5 hours before picking up her planning/grading/testing result dissemination for parents/kids. Once she does that she gets to all of the emails the parents and admin send her. She finishes/quits around 11-11:30p to go to bed. Her schedule on the weekends is similar, without the going to school and teaching portion. 

Like you, my idea of teaching when my wife first mentioned she was going to quit her job 12 years ago, was that she would be home by 3p everyday and dinner would be ready and waiting on me and our daughter when she got home. Nothing could be further from the truth. I've finally convinced her to leave her job after this year and hope to hell she does. The amount of bullshit from the admin and parents is enough to drive someone crazy, and she is a prime example. Don't believe me? Go sit in any classroom for a week and watch how a teacher spends her day.

Also, the "Summer" that teachers get is filled with required training classes, workshops, and planning groups, oh and a team building exercise with their school.

Ignorant people are ignorant. Are there shitty teachers? Yes, and they make the other 95% of teachers look bad. Rant over.

PS - It wouldn't surprise me if Demas left, but don't think it will happen this year. Next year though...

PPS - moar nurse sloots

I've also taught in my life at the high school level and I don't know what she's doing different. I never took work home.  Is she in elementary?  I've noticed that the admins at the elementary level get quite a bit more traction bullying teachers into volunteering more of their personal time when they have no contractual obligation to do so.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Droopy said:

PPS - moar nurse sloots

I taught in 2 different districts, at the high school level and. One of my days looked remotely like that. When I coached in season I got home at 6:00 on practice nights and 10:30 on game nights (more or less) but that was 22 days out of the year, maybe. 
I was t the best teacher on campus but I was better than most and my admin loved me bc I did the two things they wanted (take attendance and turn it in within 5 minutes of every class period and update they website every day) 

maybe your wife should consider another campus or district- that sounds like a mess. 
my mom taught and used to work 80 hour weeks. I always told her she was doing it wrong/too much. It’s a choice how dedicated you want to be. God bless good teachers that’s awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Huh. I wouldn't have pegged you ever for dating an ugly woman. 

She wasn't ugly... former D1 track athlete that kept eating as if she was still running...

(that's not the real reason.... she turned (more than usual) batshit crazy - actually had a tumor and didn't know until several years after...)

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Snacks said:

She wasn't ugly... former D1 track athlete that kept eating as if she was still running...

(that's not the real reason.... she turned (more than usual) batshit crazy - actually had a tumor and didn't know until several years after...)

That's what I said. 

All joking aside, yeesh about the tumor. Listen, just tell this animals what school she ran track for and let them comb through some picture archives. It's a win win. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So why not go for brevity and chase the title to 2022 tamper thread?

This is very helpful instruction and really moves the thread along. I am going to follow your guidance immediately in order to fully achieve the level of brevity that this board, and my posting style, is known to require.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Has Tyler Johnson transferred out yet? If not, he’ll be gone pretty soon, for those worried about numbers. 

Didn’t pick up on it, but ol’ Chili was pointing out that T Johnson has gotten himself into some trouble that will almost certainly end his time at Texas before long. He was clearly not going to contribute here, but this cinches it. 

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Didn’t pick up on it, but ol’ Chili was pointing out that T Johnson has gotten himself into some trouble that will almost certainly end his time at Texas before long. He was clearly not going to contribute here, but this cinches it. 

Those piccolo players are always up to no good.

Troublemaker GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

@Chili dog you can tell us, we’re in the trust tree here. 

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I think we could have used him in the spring game.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)