Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

You know early on I thought aggy was gonna suck this year.  But the more I read. The more I’m worried.  They have me convinced this year may be their year. 

I mean they got rid of the crappy players in the portal and reloaded with hungry lunch pail fcs talent.   Sleeping giant 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

The fact that they’re so weird actually gives them perpetual hope. The new coach either “goes against the grain” and makes them modern and cool (Sumlin) or he’s “old school” and takes them “back to the days of Junction.” Hard nosed, take no bullshit.

They can vacillate between those two constantly and convince themselves each time that it’s true.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

20 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

You know early on I thought aggy was gonna suck this year.  But the more I read. The more I’m worried.  They have me convinced this year may be their year. 

I mean they got rid of the crappy players in the portal and reloaded with hungry lunch pail fcs talent.   Sleeping giant 

I can see an aggy football player's forearm out my window, and I'm all the way in Austin.

Doomed.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This is the most difficult time of the year to have aggy coworkers and colleagues. They’re high on the roller coaster without threat of losing a game. Any constructive dialogue about football is impossible. 

They're like a cokehead who just scored an 8-ball.

But we all know how that night will end.

27 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Wondering if there has been any whining about dropping out of this preseason Top 25.

IMG_5523.thumb.jpeg.782a1dfe4c960d6259ff94bdbf6f789c.jpeg

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40176119/college-football-top-25-rankings-post-spring

They are thinking 9-3 to 10-2, with the possibility of more wins. 

ESPN doesn’t seem to see things the same way.

You misspelled ESiPN, you stupid ‘sip!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

The Longhorns got a break when the SEC schedule-makers rolled out the red carpet with a slate that includes true road games at Vanderbilt, Arkansas and rival Texas A&M.

Someone doesn't understand the rivalries with aggy and Arkansas.

And the SEC didn't do us any favors by giving us Georgia the week after the RRS.

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Someone doesn't understand the rivalries with aggy and Arkansas.

And the SEC didn't do us any favors by giving us Georgia the week after the RRS.

Florida, Arky, Kentucky, Aggy is a sneaky tough 4 game stretch to close out the year. 

On 5/20/2024 at 7:23 AM, TexArcher said:

They're like a cokehead who just scored an 8-ball.

But we all know how that night will end.

we're on meth. the night never ends.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Wondering if there has been any whining about dropping out of this preseason Top 25.

IMG_5523.thumb.jpeg.782a1dfe4c960d6259ff94bdbf6f789c.jpeg

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40176119/college-football-top-25-rankings-post-spring

They are thinking 9-3 to 10-2, with the possibility of more wins. 

ESPN doesn’t seem to see things the same way.

Espn doesn't understand the elk, and his culture change

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Florida, Arky, Kentucky, Aggy is a sneaky tough 4 game stretch to close out the year. 

It could be, especially with the games that proceed these. However, I fully expect to be playing a hammered, dog shit of a team in UF, given all their issues (not to mention arguably the hardest schedule next season.)

Ditto for pig. They'll have possibly fired their HC by the time we play. 

Kentucky is the one out of those 4 that would concern me if the team isn't hyper focused. They're a decent team with a game changer at WR (Barrion Brown) and DL (Deone Walker.) We can't get caught looking ahead to the public gang bang of aggy. 

Not sneaky at all if you really think about it. 2 teams that will likely be looking for a signature win to make the season a somewhat success, the other 2 will play us with religious fervor...as in fatwa. No other game will matter quite as much, and the fans and administration will make sure the coaches are aware.

I really thought we'd be done with these type games going to the SEC, but it might actually be worse. BloU may be entering slightly under the radar but we have a huge target on our backs after last season.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Looks pretty fucking easy to me
Coug high looked like an auto win on last year's schedule didn't it? How about the dirt burglars we beat 49-0 the year before and weren't exactly a rolling ball of butcher knives for the rest of their schedule..
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, WBT said:

Looks pretty fucking easy to me

Florida has dudes, even if they are a trainwreck. Think Texas under Strong. We might lose to Kansas, but we will get up and beat Notre Dame in the same season. Texas is a game they will be up for. Arky is arky, but we always get the suicide bomber version of that team when we play. Then Kentucky will be a tough out, and based on how the season has gone with injuries, could be a really tough grind of a game. Aggy is probably putting every bit of allowable, and probably some not allowable, offseason work into our game already and will have 8-10 weeks of prep time or some stupid shit. 

It may not make a shit and we just outclass them all, but it just sets up for some really close late season games. 

• Hook 'Em 2