Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

14 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Weigman is talented, but he absolutely locked up under pressure last season. When he was under pressure he sprayed the ball all over the place. I would anticipate him to be better this year, but if that OL stays shitty his ceiling will only be moderately higher than last year. 

Shit OL + No Achane to take the load off = Recipe for disaster. 

He will have 3 good receivers though and tight end. I wonder if they go more 11?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Weigman looks promising for sure. Leave it to the Aggies to want him highly ranked based on two games, one of which was against a vastly over-rated opponent. It's exactly like them wanting to be treated as though they've won something when all they've done is come mildly close in the Covid season.

If Weigman pans out/survives, they'll claim nobody thought he was any good because of the mean t-sips in Asstin.

this got my attention and made me wonder how good the defenses he went against were and how certain they are he is going to be amazing due to the fact he has yet to throw for an INT.

• South Carolina: 8/15 for 91 yards - #58 DFEI team last year, #40 in defensive turnover rate (% of drives opponents offenses end with an interception or fumble)
  • Ole Miss: 28/44 for 338 yards, 4 TD - #52 DFEI team last year, #38 in defensive turnover rate
  • Auburn: 14/36 for 121 yards, 2 TD - #29 DFEI team last year, #61 in defensive turnover rate
  • UMass: 11/19 for 191 yards, 1 TD - #121 DFEI team last year, #89 in defensive turnover rate
  • LSU: 12/18 for 155 yards, 2 TD - #17 DFEI team last year, #111 overall in turnover rate

promising? absolutely. the next generational SEC QB? let's see him start more than 4 games first.

edit: someone in there said Weigman outplayed Daniels in the A&M/LSU game. when your QB throws for 155 yards, you shouldn't really be saying shit about "outplaying" the other QB. the only thing that mattered in that game was Devon Achane getting 38 carries for 5.7 YPC and running for 215. neither QB was good passing the ball.

image.png.c9fa141bcf225e1144878e06d543243f.png

image.png

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

My god, these guys can say the same things over and over and over. It's not really a discussion, it's just constant mutual reinforcement of whatever notion or lie the first parrot speaks. Then comes this post making the glaringly obvious point:

image.png.80c34bda1548975aebf77c7741e7824e.png

To whatever extent the rest of the SEC is hearing this howl about tu getting their way, they must really be insulted that Aggies think so little of their potence. The Aggies reveal their terror and their delusion. 

image.png.aec6b92cd1bc20844c2068ea17184dd8.png

Because they have their own version of reality where they must be the persecuted, only rarely do you see anyone recall that the statement was made when it appeared Texas wouldn't be playing in the SEC until '25. We all know over here why the game would be played at Kyle (same year LSU visits Kyle).

The SEC was doing A&M a solid by splitting their two biggest games home/away. The SEC will do A&M the same solid in '24, but the Aggies are convinced it's persecution and victimization from tu already beginning to destroy their third or fourth conference. Some of this stems from their AD framing the location of the first game as some sort of concession from the SEC.

I guess I'm partly moved to write this all out to keep their brainwashing from affecting me. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Deej said:

Wait, we blew up the Big12 by staying in the Big12 for more than a decade after other schools left?

We're clever that way. 

The Aggies don't mention how often they voted with Texas. They just portray themselves as little bitches getting pushed around and denied the fate they're entitled to.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

We're clever that way. 

The Aggies don't mention how often they voted with Texas. They just portray themselves as little bitches getting pushed around and denied the fate they're entitled to.

They voted to add Texas and ou too.  
so they have no power and do what they’re told.  Makes me wonder if their departure to the sec was even contested by Texas. It was a great way to decouple the schools politically and have it be their idea. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Do these idiots not realize that the reason that would be the case on a 8 game conference schedule is that Texas-OU is way more valuable that Tx-A&M?

And why the fuck would the SEC or ESPN allow an 8 conference game schedule with the amount of premium content that would get rid of?

A 9 game conference schedule would be a nice bargaining chip for the next TV deal. I wouldn't be in a hurry to implement that for free. Nobody gives a shit about playing aggy every year anyways.  

20 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Do these idiots not realize that the reason that would be the case on a 8 game conference schedule is that Texas-OU is way more valuable that Tx-A&M?

And why the fuck would the SEC or ESPN allow an 8 conference game schedule with the amount of premium content that would get rid of?

Why do I trust Brent Z more than Bjork on this?

As much as I love reading these when aggy loses, this mind-numbing circular discussion will continue to spiral, unchanging except to occasionally tack on a new fabricated "truth" to the tu megavillain arc, until the SEC schedule is announced in September.  I won't have any brain cells left if I keep following this madness, and I need them to fully enjoy the next rollercoaster ride.  

I say that, but I know I'll be back in like a week.

• Hook 'Em 2

The concept of aggy brainwashing makes two incorrect assumptions about aggy.

Interesting that one of the morons introduced how long it had been since "tu" had won a conference title. 

Apparently, the way to show what a great conference mate you are is to leave the conference and crow about how shitty the conference you just left is.

Really, this is just incredible. They go on and on. Any problem they encounter is somehow our fault, no matter how unrelated to us it may be. It is odd that they don't try to emulate the behavior of their new big brother, Alabama. Do the idiot Bama roll tiders go on for page after page about how Georgia has somehow undermined them and ruined the conference? In fact, is there a delusional, paranoid, fixated fan base, anywhere in college sports, regardless of sport, that comes anywhere close to the level of absurdity of aggy football fans? They could be self-aware and continue doing the weird shit and laugh at themselves along with the rest of us, and a few of them do. But the vast majority defend Yell Practice as if it is some kind of cult ritual or something.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

The Aggies were dying to show the world their real rival is LSU. Saying that in an 8 game schedule A&M's rival wouldn't be Texas allows them to delude themselves that the world (that doesn't care) will now know they are so past tu. The reality that Texas-OU is a bigger rivalry with a bigger national draw and often determines which team can go on to play for the big taco is something they cannot allow to live in their minds.

I'm sure they'd sing their War Hymn (oooooh, manly!) with extra vigor when they play LSU every year. They'd saw the horns off with reckless passion. Casual fans will wonder why they are singing and dancing at length about Longhorns in their biggest rivaly game in Baton Rouge.

That's likely the moment that people get a hint that Aggies aren't normal.

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The Aggies were dying to show the world their real rival is LSU. Saying that in an 8 game schedule A&M's rival wouldn't be Texas allows them to delude themselves that the world (that doesn't care) will now know they are so past tu. The reality that Texas-OU is a bigger rivalry with a bigger national draw and often determines which team can go on to play for the big taco is something they cannot allow to live in their minds.

I'm sure they'd sing their War Hymn (oooooh, manly!) with extra vigor when they play LSU every year. They'd saw the horns off with reckless passion. Casual fans will wonder why they are singing and dancing at length about Longhorns in their biggest rivaly game in Baton Rouge.

Plus, though LSU doesn't have a primary rival, their biggest "rivalry" game is consistently the Magnolia Bowl against Ole Miss. Plus they play Arkansas in the Battle of the Boot. aggy's only interesting because they keep trying to make it a thing and, to their credit, they tend to play up to LSU when they play.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think the bigger question is whether LSU would allow aggy to be their annual rivalry game. I guess since Bama and Auburn will likely play every year that would be plausible, but it seems like LSU would be punching down a weight class. 

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Maybe they'll change it to "sawing the corn dogs off"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Vertigo said:

I think the bigger question is whether LSU would allow aggy to be their annual rivalry game. I guess since Bama and Auburn will likely play every year that would be plausible, but it seems like LSU would be punching down a weight class. 

Ole Miss has Miss State. Arkansas is already drawn with Mizzou because they're next to each other. It just shakes out that way.

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

A 9 game conference schedule would be a nice bargaining chip for the next TV deal. I wouldn't be in a hurry to implement that for free. Nobody gives a shit about playing aggy every year anyways.  

The SEC and ESPN give a fuck about Texas and A&M playing every year. It's premium content on a holiday which grabs tons of eyeballs, and it's one of the main drivers of why the SEC was interested in this move. 

• Hook 'Em 5

So is Bjork acknowledging that the RRR is more important than aggy - Texas or is he trying to duck us/goad LSU into a blood feud rivalry? 

Surely, he's not saying that aggy hates LSU more than Texas. 

I think LSU cares about Bama and probably Ole Miss. They just think aggy is annoying AF. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That Is GIF

here we are schitts creek GIF by CBC

Fucking aggy

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Am I not paying attention or is Bjork the only AD that keeps making public, definitive statements about future scheduling?  Feels like public negotiating like this is the thing someone does when they are being ignored behind closed doors.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Its going to be 9 games.   No way does the SEC make Bama choose between auburn and Tenn,   They aren't going to make georgia choose between florida and Auburn.  They arent going to make texas choose between OUsux and aggy.    ESPN is going to write a big fat check to go to 9 games with the 3+6 format and everyone is going to be rich.

Anything else is worrying about something that is never ever going to happen.   

• Hook 'Em 7

They truly have Texas Derangement Syndrome. I always thought the saying living rent-free was silly, but here it it in living color. I feel like Don Draper getting out of the elevator. I won't think of them until 2024. Of course, I don't do aggy. They're not in my life whatsoever.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Am I not paying attention or is Bjork the only AD that keeps making public, definitive statements about future scheduling?  Feels like public negotiating like this is the thing someone does when they are being ignored behind closed doors.

You'd think he'd have learned after his last couple of public outbursts, and then being told to vote for Texas and OU or GTFO that he had learned a thing or two about leverage. And yet here he is again, making public outbursts about shit when he has zero leverage. It's so perfectly aggy. Normally I'd assume he 100% has assurances about the location of the first game to be so loudly public, but I just have to rewind to him insisting Texas A&M would be the only Texas team in the SEC only to have the news break like an hour or day later. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You'd think he'd have learned after his last couple of public outbursts, and then being told to vote for Texas and OU or GTFO that he had learned a thing or two about leverage. And yet here he is again, making public outbursts about shit when he has zero leverage. It's so perfectly aggy. Normally I'd assume he 100% has assurances about the location of the first game to be so loudly public, but I just have to rewind to him insisting Texas A&M would be the only Texas team in the SEC only to have the news break like an hour or day later. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Normally I'd assume he 100% has assurances about the location of the first game to be so loudly public, but I just have to rewind to him insisting Texas A&M would be the only Texas team in the SEC only to have the news break like an hour or day later. 

Never gets old. 🤣🤣🤣

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

They will simply because it gives them a guaranteed game in the state of Texas every other year. If it weren't for that LSU would choose one of their real rivals.

The SEC and ESPN give a fuck about Texas and A&M playing every year. It's premium content on a holiday which grabs tons of eyeballs, and it's one of the main drivers of why the SEC was interested in this move. 
I think having the RRS in the SEC for the first time ever was a bigger factor, Longhorns vs aggy is just an added bonus. It's been so long since the game was a regular thing on T-day evening, and there are so many other games (including NFL) that have taken the time slot...I'm not sure the game has the same allure it once had.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think having the RRS in the SEC for the first time ever was a bigger factor, Longhorns vs aggy is just an added bonus. It's been so long since the game was a regular thing on T-day evening, and there are so many other games (including NFL) that have taken the time slot...I'm not sure the game has the same allure it once had.

Oh it does. College football loves a rivalry and aggy and Texas spending a decade loudly talking about how the other one is a bitch who backed out on them hasn't exactly lowered the temperature. 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread