Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

I love how all these insurance agent interns think that money isn't a real issue here,  and that the day after the LSU game they'll fire Jimbo AND announce his replacement.  I mean Aggie is Aggie,  so there could be a Red-Ass Billionaire out there that says "fuck it" here's 120M,  hit the red reset button,  but I doubt it.  As many here have documented,  that's a shit load of money.  They are likely to finish 7-5,  and they'll assume 8-5 with bowl game, and give him one more year.   They do not want to spend 120M flipping a staff to lose to Texas in Year 1.  They'd rather hang that on Jimbo's corpse.  

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And even if he does, that he wouldn’t jump to the nfl with a good, healthy season while barely having anything to do with the ‘24 class. 

He's not going to have a healthy season behind that line.  I hope for his sake he realizes that and doesn't squander his opportunity.  

28 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

When he rolls his ass out of bed and stops shouting "Ma, can I get some meatloaf?"

Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

The aggy propaganda ministry has now nuked 3 Terry Bussey threads in the past 15 minutes. Fucking hilarious how they try to control the narrative.

They don't realize they're actually making it worse for the subs. If Bussey decommits it will be a meltdown of epic proportions.

This usually means that the staff is working on saving the recruitment/player from decommitting/transferring and that the recruit/player hasn't fully cut ties yet. 

50 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2023-10-19-10-29-43-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-19-10-35-43-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-19-10-35-50-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-19-10-36-05-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-19-10-36-12-17_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

"Good Poster" with the intentionally funny post. They likely despise him over there.

13 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I know they are selling next year with Weigman and I fully expect him back at this point, but there has to be a part Weigman thinking do I really want to stay? 

The word is that the Weigmans aren't super excited about him returning with those OL issues. @Dennis Taylor, I believe, knows the family and might hear something different because my stuff isn't coming directly from that end.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This usually means that the staff is working on saving the recruitment/player from decommitting/transferring and that the recruit/player hasn't fully cut ties yet. 

"Good Poster" with the intentionally funny post. They likely despise him over there.

The word is that the Weigmans aren't super excited about him returning with those OL issues. @Dennis Taylor, I believe, knows the family and might hear something different because my stuff isn't coming directly from that end.

A guy with concussion issues really isn't in a good place behind that line, and quite frankly there is no real help in sight unless they go mercenary hunting in the portal this offseason. If Jimbo does make it through the season, and all he does is fire Addazio without upgrading the roster, I would think long and hard about returning. Max Johnson is already beat to hell in two starts and could hardly field snaps vs Tennessee. Had Weigman played the last two games there is no doubt he would have gotten hurt again.   

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Honestly, I respect Max Johnson a ton after watching him in the Tennessee game. I'd seen him plenty and view him as a JAG if there ever was one, but that JAG is one tough motherfucker. He was hit hard and hit often in that game and he kept getting back up and standing his ground in the pocket. This is after a Bama game in which the same shit happened just as violently. 

What are the odds of him making it the rest of the season?  Was watching that game as well thinking no chance.  Seems like eventually he's going to get hit in the wrong spot.  Hell, I texted my aggy friend during the Arkie game that Jimbo should be fired "for cause" for allowing so many designed runs knowing you have shit behind him at QB.  But yeah, that kid is tough getting up time and time again.

49 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Hell, I texted my aggy friend during the Arkie game that Jimbo should be fired "for cause" for allowing so many designed runs knowing you have shit behind him at QB. 

Shut the fuck up and don't give them any ideas. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

Weigman should call DeBoer,  his team's protect Pennix like his life depends on it. 

we all think Weigman is good but DeBoer is going to have the choice of the litter in the portal after Penix graduates. if Weigman has that opportunity he should jump all over it with a couple of years of eligibility remaining.

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

we all think Weigman is good but DeBoer is going to have the choice of the litter in the portal after Penix graduates. if Weigman has that opportunity he should jump all over it with a couple of years of eligibility remaining.

Weigman has 3 years of eligibility left given that he is taking this as a red shirt year.  And CTJ is on point with his comments regarding dad not being excited about the O line.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I know they are selling next year with Weigman and I fully expect him back at this point, but there has to be a part Weigman thinking do I really want to stay? 

There's also the question about the recovery from his injury. If it's a fracture deep in the ankle as many here think or know, you don't know what you can do until it's pretty far along from the surgery.

Their certainty that he's the main missing piece is insane. That injury was grisly. He's been watching Johnson bravely face the rush and pay dearly for it.

But, 2024 was always the year for them. I recall Liucci writing back in 2018 that it would take six full years to get a system installed and his guys on the field. Oh, wait...it was 2020 that was the year! Their MVP was Covid that season.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Sealtm6 said:

Yep, Liucci will come in soon and play internet tough guy.  There is a pattern to this that we have witnessed for 20 years with him.  I'm sure his mom, Delores Liucci (admin exec for Texags), will be holding his hand through the whole process.

Narrator: that's not his hand she's reaching for...

28 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I continue to be amazed that those rubes use a service that censors any and all negative content.  What a giant herd of pussies.

Are you really?  it's Hornfans, except the ratio of those that are capable of critical thought is inverted.  

Market Update-Because We Were.....Inverted

12 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

CSB warning- I was once on a flight on SW from Kansas City to Love and they were in the back row. About a decade after that song hit and just sitting back there like everyone else, guitars in the overhead.  Felt bad for them. 

They were spending their money wisely,  unlike some cows… I mean milkmen…..

poor aggy

Edited by TexasTroll
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

CSB warning- I was once on a flight on SW from Kansas City to Love and they were in the back row. About a decade after that song hit and just sitting back there like everyone else, guitars in the overhead.  Felt bad for them. 

mallrats-well-did-he (1).gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, crash_davis said:

2 year ROI for buying the "best recruiting evah" and Jimbo's salary: "Not a losing record in the 2nd year."

If I'm an investor, I'm going on ALL IN!

Look, man. Not sure what anyone was expecting. Think about how many times aggy have been able to get in other people’s faces and “WHOOP!” since they hired a sitting national championship head coach. That is the whole point of being an aggy fan. They showed us!

Those morherfuckers RTS. It’s what they do. They took their ball and ran home in 2011 after abruptly ending the series on their home turf and we have had to spend all that time just stewing in it. Everything has gone according to plan. They’re so savvy. 

And you know what: doesn’t matter. Got Jimbo. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I never thought I'd fucking type these words but does anyone want to talk about cheese or what damn dorm they stayed in at Texas? Anything to change the topic please?

there have been millions of discussions about Texas degrees vs Stanford degrees in the actual Texas recruiting thread, so we need to come up with something more relevant to A&M for this one:

how does an A&M degree compare to a Samford degree?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2