Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

16 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

I know how stupid this sounds,  but did Aggie really fire a coach mid-season with no real idea who the new coach was going to be?  They are going to get slept on by everyone until rest of job landscape clears up, unless they absolutely money whip someone or promote a couple levels up overnight.  Their recruiting class is going to be toast and the portal exits are going to be extreme unless they have a rather oversized retention fund already lined up. 

they couldn't chance him winning vs Miss St, ACU and then somehow pulling off a win vs LSU and a bowl game and going 9-4 wasn't a chance they were willing to take.

i get it, but those hayseeds not having a plan in place and saying they made the decision somewhere around 11/5 just after the Ole Miss game (they didn't) and have what appears to be NO PLAN based on how shitty this whole thing was rolled out is so A&M.

if they had any plan all they had to do was have things ready to go and then push the button once word started getting out or get it out before it leaked...but they didn't

it's become more and more clear Ross Bjork is not very good at his job. can't BELIEVE they didn't clean house and include him in the changes.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

they couldn't chance him winning vs Miss St, ACU and then somehow pulling off a win vs LSU and a bowl game and going 9-4 wasn't a chance they were willing to take.

1) I think that they fired him at the right time in part because A&M was guaranteed at least 2 wins and depending on how beat up LSU is, maybe 3.

Then you can’t fire him before the bowl game and after the bowl game is too late.

If you sign your class and then fire your coach, everyone can go school shopping while other teams can see what one or two players they need and bid on them without worrying about upsetting their new signees.

Fire him now and you have the current staff assuring the players and families that the money is still there and hold tight for the coach announcement.

Other teams still have to focus on keeping their commits in the fold and can risk pissing off unsigned players.

2) Just because a new coach hasn’t been announced while everyone is still coaching out the regular season does NOT mean that a new coach hasn’t been identified.

It would be laughable if they did announce their new guy when he still had to coach his current team at least two more games.

They have basically said that their new coach will be announced within 5 days of the end of the Thanksgiving weekend slate which will give the commits & parents time to get to know the new coach as well as identify transfer portal targets to money whip.

Unfortunately, the way they are doing it (so far) is the best way to avoid a wasted “transition class”.

They appear to have someone with half a brain calling the shots this go-round. 

Jimbo was never going to win anything and they are going about things the best way possible so far.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

He's doing his agents bidding by publicly refusing. I still think it's Elko. He's trying to negotiate a better package.

Elko and his agent have recent , direct experience in negotiating with aggy and I’m sure they haven’t forgotten how that went. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

He's doing his agents bidding by publicly refusing. I still think it's Elko. He's trying to negotiate a better package.

I don't think he is in negotiation any more. I think he has already agreed. He is saying that as to not piss off his current team and current bosses.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I don't think he is in negotiation any more. I think he has already agreed. He is saying that as to not piss off his current team and current bosses.

yeah, any comment RE: someone's family/health is usually completely BS and code for they are about to do the opposite.

1 hour ago, TheAuditor said:

I know how stupid this sounds,  but did Aggie really fire a coach mid-season with no real idea who the new coach was going to be?  They are going to get slept on by everyone until rest of job landscape clears up, unless they absolutely money whip someone or promote a couple levels up overnight.  Their recruiting class is going to be toast and the portal exits are going to be extreme unless they have a rather oversized retention fund already lined up. 

Sounds like they've been in conversations with Elko for weeks. The others like Lanning and DeBoer were moonshots.

3 hours ago, TXRed said:

Elko with the classic “I’m happy where I am” lines coaches always use while pushing to get the next job. 

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Sounds like they've been in conversations with Elko for weeks. The others like Lanning and DeBoer were moonshots.

Look at him, that is a stomach that cannot wait to get back to South Texas chicken fried steak with extra gravy. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

How I pictured the conversation:

"Honey, what about us going back to College Station? Jimbo was fired and they..."

"If you move us back to that shithole I will smother you in your sleep.go fuck yourself"

"So you and the kids are very happy at Duke. Got it. Thanks babe."

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

yeah, we're about to find out if he's the family man he portrays. I can't imagine his family would be excited to go back to College Station given where they are now.

I would probably jump off a cliff if I had to move back to College Station.

4 hours ago, NoName said:

i get it, but those hayseeds not having a plan in place and saying they made the decision somewhere around 11/5 just after the Ole Miss game (they didn't) and have what appears to be NO PLAN based on how shitty this whole thing was rolled out is so A&M.

if they had any plan all they had to do was have things ready to go and then push the button once word started getting out or get it out before it leaked...but they didn't

it's become more and more clear Ross Bjork is not very good at his job. can't BELIEVE they didn't clean house and include him in the changes.

Also Bjork somehow has it in his head that they will get this all wrapped up before the portal opens....

38 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I would probably jump off a cliff if I had to move back to College Station.

I'd accept, take a month to do some recruiting in Italy, France, Australia, the South Pacific, order a new burnt orange Lambo with my car allowance, and then troll Liucci and Bjork incessantly.

After a couple months on the job, I'd be bored and have enough to retire, so I'd go full blown Costanza with John David Crow's jersey and the 1939 trophy.

Seinfeld — This is a PSA from Seinfeld kindly asking you not...

Chargers: "We're Standing by Tyrod Taylor" = Cam Newton to Chargers 100% |  Barstool Bets

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If this thing is done in two weeks then we probably are going to start hearing serious candidates this week. I mean the real canddiates, not Jesus H. Curveball Hitting Christ. 

27 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Are saying Jesus can’t coach the  by gawd Texum Aggies? 

For $76 million I sure as fuck would coach them.

• Haha 3

I would rather these guys not land Traylor.  Traylor can already recruit and with a warchest of $$$$ I could see him really working out for them.  I want them to bungle this.  Dabo sounds good to me.

Edit: I wonder if it was Deion that reached out?

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Hook 'Em 1

My money is on Traylor being the guy. Texaggy.com initially melts down because it's not a big splash, bombastic hire...within a week they talk themselves into Traylor being the next Saban and have them rolling in trophies for years to come. Clickety clack...clickety clack.

13 minutes ago, ousux said:

My money is on Traylor being the guy. Texaggy.com initially melts down because it's not a big splash, bombastic hire...within a week they talk themselves into Traylor being the next Saban and have them rolling in trophies for years to come. Clickety clack...clickety clack.

He never denied anything on his radio call in yesterday. Basically said his name will come up for every opening in the state.

If I were aggy, I’d go straight for Dabo Sweeney and “steal” him from Clemson. Two-time NC Coach, which will check most of the “donor’s” boxes, as well as let aggy puff out their chest, as they stole another NC HC! Plus he’s already damned near the closest to their “culture” that they’ll ever find, besides Rick Perry.

If Dabo gives a strong “NO,” they have to go with Traylor, IMO. He’d be the best “immediate” fit and won’t break the bank. He’s currently making

Hook’em!!!

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He never denied anything on his radio call in yesterday. Basically said his name will come up for every opening in the state.

Traylor will almost certainly be hired by somebody this cycle. 

aggy, Baylor, arkansas, Houston, and Miss State are all regional teams that will probably be open. 

11 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

I really don’t understand some of the people on this boards infatuation with Traylor. I really hope Aggy hires him. He is a worse Tom Herman but with maybe better morals.

Traylor has done nothing to make me believe he is a big time head coach at this point. 

It's called group think and confirmation bias. A common theme in coaching searches. 

His resume is closer to Charlie Strong than Tom Herman. Herman actually beat some good teams at UH. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

1) I think that they fired him at the right time in part because A&M was guaranteed at least 2 wins and depending on how beat up LSU is, maybe 3.

Then you can’t fire him before the bowl game and after the bowl game is too late.

If you sign your class and then fire your coach, everyone can go school shopping while other teams can see what one or two players they need and bid on them without worrying about upsetting their new signees.

Fire him now and you have the current staff assuring the players and families that the money is still there and hold tight for the coach announcement.

Other teams still have to focus on keeping their commits in the fold and can risk pissing off unsigned players.

2) Just because a new coach hasn’t been announced while everyone is still coaching out the regular season does NOT mean that a new coach hasn’t been identified.

It would be laughable if they did announce their new guy when he still had to coach his current team at least two more games.

They have basically said that their new coach will be announced within 5 days of the end of the Thanksgiving weekend slate which will give the commits & parents time to get to know the new coach as well as identify transfer portal targets to money whip.

Unfortunately, the way they are doing it (so far) is the best way to avoid a wasted “transition class”.

They appear to have someone with half a brain calling the shots this go-round. 

Jimbo was never going to win anything and they are going about things the best way possible so far.

Your scenario makes too much sense.  We are talking about Aggies here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If traylor were to have the option of arky or aggy, I’d say arky all day long.  They aren’t so damn weird, they don’t have ridiculously outsized expectations, and Fayetteville >>>> college station.  And he’d pretty much still have access to  east Texas for recruiting. 

but I just think aggy is too infatuated with itself to hire a coach from utsa. 

It's called group think and confirmation bias. A common theme in coaching searches. 
His resume is closer to Charlie Strong than Tom Herman. Herman actually beat some good teams at UH. 

You’re wrong there. Charlie talked him out of being a TXHS FB Coach to join his MFng dysfunctional staff! He left that successful career to join Charlie and the Longhorns!

After the CS debacle, he sought other collegiate positions, because at least they all paid a lot more than he was making as a HC in TXHS FB. So now the guy is trapped after following Chad Morris to Arky. We all know how that ended, but at least his bank account was thicker than it’d be staying in Gilmer.

The dude can coach and basically resurrected UTSA’s program from nothing. Hell, whoever gets the aggy job, if they don’t reach out to him to be “named Asst HC, OC, or DC, would be a mistake. Maybe that person won’t, because they know he’ll be the next in line to take over.

Hook’em!!!

22 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If traylor were to have the option of arky or aggy, I’d say arky all day long.  They aren’t so damn weird, they don’t have ridiculously outsized expectations, and Fayetteville >>>> college station.  And he’d pretty much still have access to  east Texas for recruiting. 

but I just think aggy is too infatuated with itself to hire a coach from utsa. 

They may have to out of necessity. Then they will spin it out of necessity.

Also, they are way past the point of saving face on anything they do at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope Traylor takes the Arky or Miss State job, so if he does “well” there, and God forbids Sark Fng flames out in two years of the SEC, we can go get Traylor and bring him home! It has to be quick though as he’ll be hitting 60 in age by then! You want your “successful” Coach to have 10+ years in your program.

Hook’em!!!

33 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I hope Traylor takes the Arky or Miss State job, so if he does “well” there, and God forbids Sark Fng flames out in two years of the SEC, we can go get Traylor and bring him home! It has to be quick though as he’ll be hitting 60 in age by then! You want your “successful” Coach to have 10+ years in your program.

Hook’em!!!

2nd time for this terrible take.

• Haha 1