Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

On 11/25/2023 at 10:58 AM, closetojumping said:

I think there’s a little bit of a misperception about Sarkisian that this post highlights. He’s less of a “nice guy” and more of a “good guy”. He’s got killer instinct and isn’t an overly nice dude. I mean, he’s nice in person, and not some asshole grouch like Fisher or Saban, but he’s not “pushover nice” and will step on your throat if he can and it’s worth it. 

Guuuuuurrrrrrrrlllll…

Someone has got a man-crush!

image.gif.aa5a9132153b32e0177fda618a30f5d6.gif

• Haha 3

When did aggy get a real football coach? They got an average ACC guy that was part of the development problem at aggy and apparently will be keeping most of the coaches that assisted in non-development of all that talent.

The 2022 class is 12-12 in two seasons, and they have already lost multiple 4 and 5-star players from it.

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

I remember posts very similar in tone and substance, when Charlie Strong was hired.

IMG_2229.jpeg.7024a07b5457f9995c696512c169ac96.jpeg

Does this look like someone with an above average IQ?

Elko_Mike.jpg&width=300&type=jpeg

edit: and if they’re interested in a certified MENSA corch, has FAU got a deal for them!

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He didn’t handle the HC stress well at Duke. I doubt there’s nearly the same level of pressure on him in College Station though. 

The Duke reporters have reported a couple times that being so involved with the defense and all the other head coach duties wasn't working for Elko. Essentially, it was too much on his plate. 

I think he's going to be forced to delegate the defense almost entirely to Robinson which will be very interesting. Robinson has little to no experience as a defensive coordinator. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Still, they might want to hire like 3 or 8 handlers for him, just in case. 

Bring back the Billy Gillispie guys. They know how to do it. Hell Jimbo looked hungover in every recruiting photo from the past 2 years. Sure he had some coverage.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I remember when Tech had to pay a handler to help manage Mike Leach’s drinking problem in Lubbock after he passed out on the roadside on his way to an alumni gathering in Midland or some shit. He’d still show up places shithoused, but he’d get there on time. RIP Pirate. 

Anywho, after all of the angry shit talking the aggies have done about Sarkisian and his battle with alcohol, this could get really, sadly, fun. Elko is rumored to enjoy a diet of chicken fried steak and four fingers of bourbon x 5 each night. He didn’t handle the HC stress well at Duke. I doubt there’s nearly the same level of pressure on him in College Station though. 

Side-eye-monkey GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I remember when Tech had to pay a handler to help manage Mike Leach’s drinking problem in Lubbock after he passed out on the roadside on his way to an alumni gathering in Midland or some shit. He’d still show up places shithoused, but he’d get there on time. RIP Pirate. 

Anywho, after all of the angry shit talking the aggies have done about Sarkisian and his battle with alcohol, this could get really, sadly, fun. Elko is rumored to enjoy a diet of chicken fried steak and four fingers of bourbon x 5 each night. He didn’t handle the HC stress well at Duke. I doubt there’s nearly the same level of pressure on him in College Station though. 

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF