Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

42 minutes ago, MAGS® said:

Isn't Elko working there full time now?   Why the hell can't he coach the game with the fill in OC?  Is there some rule he can't coach till next season that I don't know about?   

I think very few coaches want the first game at their new team to be a loss in a bowl.

They tend to want to be able to put their system in place, through spring practice. 

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Same reason Bjork, Sharp, and the rest of the Stooges are still employed.

Robinson and Bjork are guys they can't admit to being wrong on. Sharp is one of them. The vast majority of them know he's a good Ag and hasn't done anything wrong at all since he's one of them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lone Star Horn said:

I think very few coaches want the first game at their new team to be a loss in a bowl.

They tend to want to be able to put their system in place, through spring practice. 

Makes sense unless your whole team is portaling and you want to show them that you are better than the previous coach to try and retain a few of them....   Would be a good way to gain some momentum going into spring also.   But yeah, its a cluster fuck and I wouldn't want that shit stain of a team on my resume, so I can't blame elko.  

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Robinson and Bjork are guys they can't admit to being wrong on. Sharp is one of them. The vast majority of them know he's a good Ag and hasn't done anything wrong at all since he's one of them.

I will add this:

I worked with a non-profit whose Director and most of the board were Aggies. The Director was saying and doing some very sketchy things (unethical, not necessarily illegal) to the point of driving off good employees and alienating others who dared question how things were being done. It became apparent to me very quickly that this person had stacked the board with fellow Ags because they would never pose any opposition to things the Director did. One of the employees was a friend of mine and an Aggie and I laid the whole thing out for him and told him to get the hell away. The Director was willing to run the organization into the ground as long as his power was unchecked and his ideas were accepted.

My friend left the organization and my involvement with it lasted for one project. Most of the other "good Ags" are still there, nodding away and celebrating mediocrity. Sounds a lot like Aggie Football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Hahaha. They are so fucking dumb. They are letting the guy destroy their program from the inside just because of their pride in the 2022 recruiting class ranking. 

Plan 2024!

You know how Sark has talked about Pete Carroll telling him that he could come in and do it his way and deal with the growing pains, or do it the last guy's way and get the same results? Aggies really misunderstood the lesson. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Hahaha. They are so fucking dumb. They are letting the guy destroy their program from the inside just because of their pride in the 2022 recruiting class ranking. 

They paid Jimbo Fisher $100MM+ For the same thing. They’re addicted to dumbass and should probably consider rehab. 

Aggy always operates under the assumption that they will be the only team who improves year-over-year.

In their delusion, they’re convinced next year’s schedule is easy but:

ND is one of the top programs in CFB history. @Florida in the swamp is never easy (even if it is Napier). Drinkwitz has a good thing going at Mizzou. @USCe and @MSU aren’t a sure thing… LSU beats them ~8 times out of 10. @Auburn will be tough facing Hugh Freeze in year 2… Texas beats them ~8 times out of 10 historically and is coming off a CFP berth…
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

52 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From Dawgs 247 ... lulz. 

image.thumb.png.96e156c95e078fc72986259e40c382c8.png

image.thumb.png.49663cefe2417ed481e3e0ce4501bf5e.png

I had a good laugh yesterday listening to that dumbass who lost his shit on air when Arch committed to Texas last year, as he tried to explain how on earth Georgia was about to lose Raiola to Nebraska. Naturally, it’s all a conspiracy.

It’s always great to go back and listen to this shit:

I would note that the guy said he would eat his words if Texas was competing for championships in three years..not sure if two years would suffice. I bet he’d hate it if somebody pointed out to him that true freshman Arch would be watching the CFP from the couch had he chosen Athens over Austin.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Vertigo said:

Their SOS is going to be so low, them losing 3 games is going to assure that they are out. ND is most certainly a loss, I could see Florida and Mizzou as well, plus another that can bite them like Miss St or pig.

They are going to have 2 or 3 losses before their off date. Anyone thinking they are a legitimate playoff contender is just fucking stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

They are going to have 2 or 3 losses before their off date. Anyone thinking they are a legitimate playoff contender is just fucking stupid.

I dunno man. I heard they are going to just jump in the portal and build the bestest Oline $$$ can buy.  Not to mention a few game changing LB’s, and maybe a few more bdf cb’s to round it out.    

• Prepare your anus 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

Their SOS is going to be so low, them losing 3 games is going to assure that they are out. ND is most certainly a loss, I could see Florida and Mizzou as well, plus another that can bite them like Miss St or pig.

They not only are not going to make the field, they will be. fortunate to go bowling. They are getting creamed by the portal and will be in a first year with a new staff. They face Texas, Mizzou, LSU, ND, @UF, @Auburn, and @MSU. For them, those are all losable, and frankly most are not winnable Their last road win was in '21.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

(From the Aggie 247 2024 schedule thread.)

Good to see that they have been chastened by the disappointments of the last few years.

(This time, they aren't babbling about playoff spots.)

image.thumb.png.0ee2e12e79b3765a890978f934f0457c.png

(Nary a mention of a national championship.)

image.thumb.png.267e9f2a2497243ff2c0b6a3f7bf70aa.png

(They are wary of pitfalls for their new coach.)

image.thumb.png.f906961f910bd8530f8dba05d2ed17c6.png

(They confidently expect to raise the bar.)

image.thumb.png.5157520fa3d2f3810a10131e51e0b2cf.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

On 12/12/2023 at 3:02 PM, Teryor said:

Honestly I respect the Aggy commitment to the brand. Elko knew these goobers would absolutely eat up having a coach named Trooper and that it'd buy him a ton of good will. They've been dying for someone like him ever since they lost The Marine

7 hours ago, Getafix said:

Lulz.

image.thumb.png.207c5f39d8d09fdecd84aa6833ee21f8.png

This is such a great Aggie post.  They totally shit the bed on signing “Kevin”. They needed to be ruthless and weren’t.  Thank god we focused on signing Kelvin Banks and got an All-American while they got Cam Dewberry and didn’t get “Kevin” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1