Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

29 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Meh. Aggy did ok in this game considering their available roster and staff.

At least they showed up, took their medicine, and reaped what they sowed with Jimbo.

I only wish we had been this "bad" when we played arky in this bowl under Charlie.

At least aggy has a new coach while we were stuck with Charlie for another 2 years.

Still fun though.

And it only cost them $75 million, which they will be cash flowing out of their AD for the next 7 years.  Quite a bargain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

image.gif.1e786fd338960b308310f7ba3a4176be.gif

19 hours ago, Scholz said:

That game last night was more unwatchable than the FSU/Louisville abortion.  2 completely shitty teams in NRG last night and Gundy was obviously high af.  And Melko put me to sleep with his interview.  What an absolutely mid hire.  

I think he wears a t-shirt and that same pullover for any engagement he has. It's really flattering to his sloping shoulders. How long will it be until he shows up in pajama pants holding a Big Gulp.

You're on TV representing your university, and you can't even manage a collared shirt? 

He speaks well and seems like a fairly likeable cuss. I can see him having an amiable conversation with a Home Depot worker. The worker explains to Elko for the fourth time that he really shouldn't try to fix his own dishwasher. "Sir, your in over your head on this one. You might get electrocuted, scalded, or all kinds of shit. And you won't be able to make that old dishwasher run any better. It'll most likely get worse."

"I'm calling a couple of friends to help."

"Do they have experience with this sort of stuff."

"Well...some. They're mostly just regular guys. Friends. You know."

"Make sure your health and life insurance are up to date. I don't see good things happening, sir."

"We'll figure it out. We'll be able to turn it into a brand new shiny machine better than any other machine on the block."

"Well, you can find proper clothing for the work on aisle 6. Good luck."

"Don't need 'em. Anything you can do with collar and blazer you can do in a t-shirt and sweat top. See you!"

"Don't forget to unplug it!"

"We got it figured out. I'll find a few more old friends to help and then look out."

Sigh.

Edited by RomaVicta
No time for proofing yesterday and I can't quit these Aggie threads.
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think he wears a t-shirt and that same pullover for any engagement he has. It's really flattering to his sloping shoulders. How long will it be until he shows up in pajama pant holding a Big Gulp.

But it is better than Jimbo wearing jackets with no undershirt and his nipple hairs hanging out.

43 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He speaks well and seems like a fairly likeable cuss.

He seemed pretty humble and amiable, which I didn't like because I like disliking A&M's coach. The last two made that fairly easy.

Him already hammering the "I'm just a CEO" thing might be a tad worrying if I'm an A&M fan. Was that how he sold himself as the anti-Fisher or is he already setting up distance between himself and the on-field results? Is this slow-pace coaching hiring showing a focus on finding the guy he wants over hiring quickly for recruiting expediency? Or is it a sign that he can't get the targets he wants?

Even with all the defections, Fisher hardly left the talent cupboard bare. We can laugh all we want at him, but that BEST EVER class falling apart is still a Top 5/10 group.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

He seemed pretty humble and amiable, which I didn't like because I like disliking A&M's coach. The last two made that fairly easy.

Him already hammering the "I'm just a CEO" thing might be a tad worrying if I'm an A&M fan. Was that how he sold himself as the anti-Fisher or is he already setting up distance between himself and the on-field results? Is this slow-pace coaching hiring showing a focus on finding the guy he wants over hiring quickly for recruiting expediency? Or is it a sign that he can't get the targets he wants?

Even with all the defections, Fisher hardly left the talent cupboard bare. We can laugh all we want at him, but that BEST EVER class falling apart is still a Top 5/10 group.

I think the CEO mentions are just talking points from Bjork.  His extensive research on championship football programs concluded that you needed a defensive minded CEO coach paired with an elite offense.  They are already half way there and he hasn't even coached a game yet.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I do enjoy the that none of them seem to connect “of course we lost! we were playing all of our scrubs…” with “…which will be pretty similar to the roster we trot out next season.”

stupid sips missing the context that all of their players want to leave or just not play

33 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

The delusion remains strong among aggy, thankfully. 

"We would have won the Big 12 this year!"  Yeah, something you did ONE time in about 16 seasons when you were in the Big 12.  And you didn't beat a single fucking team with a winning record this season.  But, yeah, you clearly would have won the Big 12.    

"Our little scrappy team showed heart!"  As another poster noted, aggy put 14 four-star players on the field last night compared to one for OSU. 

Never change, aggy.  Never change.  Fortunately, I don't think you have the capacity to do so.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Foosters said:

You should post on Texags. You'd be a gold star member in no time with your ability to spin the loss as "good" bc Texas looked shitty in the same bowl like 9 years ago 

He could be saying aggy is about to go on a similar stretch as us for the next 9 years if they had not been on one already for the last 20+ years.

4 hours ago, Foosters said:

You should post on Texags. You'd be a gold star member in no time with your ability to spin the loss as "good" bc Texas looked shitty in the same bowl like 9 years ago 

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

He could be saying aggy is about to go on a similar stretch as us for the next 9 years if they had not been on one already for the last 20+ years.

That and Elko at least has the potential to be a better coach than Jimbo or Charlie Strong for that matter.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I do enjoy the that none of them seem to connect “of course we lost! we were playing all of our scrubs…” with “…which will be pretty similar to the roster we trot out next season.”

I think it’s very fair to praise an outmanned bunch of backups for their efforts on the field last night and yet still point and laugh at the state of the ATM program that resulted in an outmanned bunch of backups having to take the field last night. And it ain’t getting significantly better next year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I think it’s very fair to praise an outmanned bunch of backups for their efforts on the field last night and yet still point and laugh at the state of the ATM program that resulted in an outmanned bunch of backups having to take the field last night. And it ain’t getting significantly better next year. 

Yeah the question shouldn't be how good the backups and walk-ons played but rather why aggy was in the position of having only 55 scholarship players.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 11:29 AM, Huckleberry said:

Please God let Fisher go to Florida to replace Napier and take players with him. This would be perfect right after Elko's "big hire" from Florida. That's really the only big move I can think of as a possibility, someone tell me what school I'm missing that would be big. 

Obviously the main issue is there's no reason for Florida to take so long to fire Napier. But I can dream.  

He'll no. Jumbo is a dipshit, but he can recruit, and I don't want that midget recruiting against us for Florida players. Let's hope he goes to USCe 

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Trust in Melk

image.thumb.png.8d7ef0e39036dbbf570575b8cce99c91.pngimage.thumb.png.e62857a9c72576c2ee85858bd18f84d4.png

Apparently this has been up for over an hour and still no replies

image.thumb.png.62ef4d379697d3574cae4f7896deb375.png

I watched this and I thought I heard Liucci laughing something about a jinx right before his audio cut off. I don’t think it works if you acknowledge our loud what you’re trying to do Billy boy. The football gods will not be pleased 

• Haha 1

So, this was written.

Not facetiously.

Seriously.  In earnest.  Or in a stupor.

image.thumb.png.b04cfec86d789077ff6d81cb19ca5f94.png

Note, 

- Connor Weigman's 3 starts (full games) this year - ULM, UNM and Miami.  

- Jaylen Henderson - his 3 starts were ACU (FCS), LSU (#101 DFEI), and Miss State (#49 DFEI).

- Marcel Reed - one start (Ok State).

I do think Weigman's talented, and the others *could* turn out to be good, but based on evidence to date, to proclaim that they could start for any team in CFB ... yeah, you be you, Aggie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5