Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

38 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't know a lot about NIL, but I have spent too much time observing Aggies. This reads like somebody laid down a speculation about what may have happened. Somebody repeated it with an opinion. From there it becomes a fact bent into a narrative where the Aggies are the tough guys who you best not fuck around with.

If Nolen's deal is unique as described, that does shine a light on just how idiotic Aggies are. 

Here's a bag. We wrote NIL on it with a Sharpie, so it's totally cool. Sign the bag, and we'll have a contract for as long as you're lucky enough to be in College Station playing as a Fightin' Texas Aggie from Texas.

The multi year NIL contract is what gets me and the idea that Ole Miss bought Nolen's NIL rights from A&M....  Oh yeah and a couple of posters acting like all players make these same kind of posts when they transfer schools is hillarious.

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

In response to the Nolen post.  They are clueless.

Tejas Ag 10
12:18p, 1/17/24
He had another year left on his NIL deal. Which meant we still owed his marketing rights to his NIL for 2024. Thats probably what he was referencing. It wasnt the easiest for him to find a school or pay for those rights plus pay him on top of that.

evestor13:06p, 1/17/24
heard he had his car towed away on day 1 of transfer portal.

that said - NIL is only good for the contract. if the contract says you have to stay...then you have to stay.
Seems to me that pinpointing a school like he did is not smart from a legal standpoint. he would be better to point fingers at generalities and not entities that could come after you.

Bill Superman5:28p, 1/17/24
This clown thought he could collect big upfront then transfer and collect big again, not realizing he signed a contract with a clawback where he has to return a big chunk of his pay.

GDP
6:51p, 1/17/24
Walter's NIL deal was not the typical one where little is required of the player.
My understanding is that his deal was for the entirety of his college career and some time/personal services requirements were in the contract.
When he entered the portal and started flirting with Oregon and Ole Miss, he was reminded about that part of his contract and that he could be required to make appearances in BCS during the season.
Easy when you play for A&M, not so easy from Oregon or Mississippi.
I don't know if Oxford big cigars bought out his NIL deal from here but that would be the logical assumption.
A bit of a Mexican standoff for awhile I bet.

I hope we pulled the remainder of his NIL funds due to not finishing his contract and sent a message that its pay-for-play at A&M and we are done with the guaranteed contracts with no return on investment

I love the rumor that they sent a repo man out to tow his car the day he entered the portal. This needs to be more widely circulated. 

• Like 3

It's pure Aggie. It goes all the way back to when they got rid of Gene Stallings. "Players were loafing. There was no discipline. The team was out of control. Now this new guy is a brass tacks, lunch pailin, tough SOB which is just what this program needs."
Every. Fucking. Time. 
It's the same pattern with their savior QBs who are now all neatly stacked under a bus hidden where the dead collies won't see them.

Aggy football is like a fractal of Thujone’s masterpiece. From their coaches, to their QB, to their overall team, no matter what level of granularity you can apply the rollercoaster to it.
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Aggy football is like a fractal of Thujone’s masterpiece. From their coaches, to their QB, to their overall team, no matter what level of granularity you can apply the rollercoaster to it.

It’s a direct result of how they think.  They are trained to think everything about them is THE BEST, so the expectations are always there (the climb). Then as with many things, reality lands somewhere under the best outcome.  So when you expect the best outcome, there will be a crash. 

Add to that their ingrained cultural resistance to any change whatsoever and they keep repeating.

they are the Aggies, the Aggies are they. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Every time I see someone bragging about all of the hard work that they, or someone they admire, are putting in, and that it will lead to future success, I am reminded of one of my all time favorite quotes:

Audrey: "He worked really hard, grandpa."

Grandpa Art: "So do washing machines."

LwF94fdUXRdGPUBRQv.webp

• Haha 3

I would even forgive them on saying Texas is full of hillbillies.

But how the hell do bama fans think they get to lecture other schools on bag drops? Should Texas start cutting underperforming players for “medical reasons” to bring in the largest possible class every single year? Hmmmm….who do we know that does that?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

48 minutes ago, deft said:

But how the hell do bama fans think they get to lecture other schools on bag drops? Should Texas start cutting underperforming players for “medical reasons” to bring in the largest possible class every single year? Hmmmm….who do we know that does that?

Also, Dude, "hillbilly" is not the preferred nomenclature. Redneck-American, please.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Also, Dude, "hillbilly" is not the preferred nomenclature. Redneck-American, please.

Walter, this isn’t a guy who built the backwoods shines here. This is a guy……Walter, he peed on my rug.
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, deft said:

But how the hell do bama fans think they get to lecture other schools on bag drops? 

Because they’re the experts.

What we are doing is not “bag drops.” What we’re doing is utilizing legal NIL agreements. They won all their championships dropping bags, which is the same way aggy signed a #1 recruiting class. 

• Hook 'Em 6

d880aba6652b7048dae5113bfe5fadf6.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It still a little amusing…and amazing, that there’s such a huge difference in cultures from College Station east to Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and much of the SE in general, as opposed to 90 miles west of Collie Station.  A whole different world.   I have relatives in Bama, and going back there is like going back 10-15 years in time….just crazy.

• Like 2

I lived in SW Louisiana (LC) for roughly a decade plus, kids were born in SWLA, which my daughter, as a child, told other youngsters that she was Cajun. Had to inform her that it didn’t work that way.

Loved the culture, fellowship, sports, fishing/hunting, and the food of SWLA! Did I mention the food? Should’ve been in all caps! My wife and I were there from ‘96 to ‘08 and both of us have degrees from McNeese.

We try to go back to a game each year after mid-October. Lake Charles was a great place for my family while we were growing as a family. Yes, they are “different,” but having grown up during my teens in SETX, you really can’t tell a difference.

So trying to tie my story to the SEC - I never saw an SEC sticker until aggy! LSU fans/alumni would’ve never been SEC SEC, because if they weren’t the ones winning, then F them!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

It still a little amusing…and amazing, that there’s such a huge difference in cultures from College Station east to Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and much of the SE in general, as opposed to 90 miles west of Collie Station.  A whole different world.   I have relatives in Bama, and going back there is like going back 10-15 years in time….just crazy.

Ehh from my experience backwoods hillbilly is just as prevalent in the hill country, panhandle, valley, west texas, central Texas, gulf coast, north texas, Permian basin, and for damn sure Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ehh from my experience backwoods hillbilly is just as prevalent in the hill country, panhandle, valley, west texas, central Texas, gulf coast, north texas, Permian basin, and for damn sure Austin.
In my experience they exist in every state in the union. The accents may be different, but some things are universal.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

There’s more methed out Nazis in the PNW than they care to admit. The whole country is infected. The souths just care more about foobawl

Yup. I've seen houses and cars with Confederate flags on them in the Catskills and South Jersey. Good times.