Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

31 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

All is well

Screenshot_2022-07-24-11-40-30-70_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Every time an aggy friend tells me about their spirit and atmosphere and how it’s the best in the country, I always follow up with this:

”so why hasn’t any of that resulted in a National Championship in over 80 years?”

Never can I get an answer to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

More and more they will be forced to convince themselves they will flip people once the season starts but flipping is harder now with early signing day and nil.

They have that all figured out. They expect a 10 win season at least with a shot at the playoff. We'll go 5-7 and lose to Kansas like we have every year since we started playing college football. Players will flock to Jimbo and Old Farmer Army.

Of course, if their super-duper neato-cheeto apartment complex pool party works as always, they'll have the number one class sewn up before August 1.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Now we’re seeing the notion of Peyton, Eli, and Archie calling 17 year olds to come to Texas as mantra. Something they’re getting worked up about countering strategically with their own “celebrities” and such. It’s just fucking outstanding. 

I imagine Lyle Lovett can really make an impact on these guys

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Also also, I am still fascinated by the fact that these goobers still don’t grasp that NIL isn’t a corrupt bag game. They’re clinging to it being a conspiracy that will wind up getting busted up by the joint forces of the NCAA, the FBI, and fucking Chuck Norris. 

This is what I don't understand either.  The thought that a player may chose one of the largest growing cities, with no professional sports team, to go where they may be showered with all manner of legitimate NIL deals just completely escapes them.  They just want their donors to up the bag game to compete and don't realize why that will not work.

They have that all figured out. They expect a 10 win season at least with a shot at the playoff. We'll go 5-7 and lose to Kansas like we have every year since we started playing college football. Players will flock to Jimbo and Old Farmer Army.
Of course, if their super-duper neato-cheeto apartment complex pool party works as always, they'll have the number one class sewn up before August 1.
fun-lol.gif

Yes! Watching the pieces come off the board tightening the noose and the coming to grips with that lose-to-Kansas story not playing out. Watching the slow death of this narrative is going to be fun.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Two things here that make me L O L, the Orange-Kansas shit was actually pretty gosh damn funny, bravo to that little crayon eating mother fucker. The second thing is them coming up with a nickname for Bisontis that comes across as an insult has to be the most aggy thing possible right? Bison tits? A do what. Hot damn lol

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Their celebrity roster is pretty deep.

The fat kid from Modern Family

One of the daughters of The Pioneer Woman on Food Network.

Lassie

Did that kid even go to A&M?  It says he was born in Bryan, TX

looking at a list of their notable alumni, even I was surprised by the lack of non-athlete celebrities.  I joked about Lyle Lovett, but the only other one I saw was Rip Torn who actually graduated fromTexas, after starting out at A&M as a corp turd.  Seems like he wised up.  
Oh, the list also includes George HW Bush as an honorary alumn.  
Weak

• Haha 1

Did that kid even go to A&M?  It says he was born in Bryan, TX
looking at a list of their notable alumni, even I was surprised by the lack of non-athlete celebrities.  I joked about Lyle Lovett, but the only other one I saw was Rip Torn who actually graduated fromTexas, after starting out at A&M as a corp turd.  Seems like he wised up.  
Oh, the list also includes George HW Bush as an honorary alumn.  
Weak

Claiming HW due to awarding him a degree seems so perfectly Aggie. They get NCs the same way.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Elliott from ET, of course. 

I didn’t know that, which struck as weird because if he had attended A&M there is no way they wouldn’t have let us know. Repeatedly.  Over and over.

According to Wikipedia, he attended Blinn College.  So pretty much the same thing

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Elliott from ET, of course. 

32 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I didn’t know that, which struck as weird because if he had attended A&M there is no way they wouldn’t have let us know. Repeatedly.  Over and over.

According to Wikipedia, he attended Blinn College.  So pretty much the same thing

East Central High School in San Antonio, TX

This is what I don't understand either.  The thought that a player may chose one of the largest growing cities, with no professional sports team, to go where they may be showered with all manner of legitimate NIL deals just completely escapes them.  They just want their donors to up the bag game to compete and don't realize why that will not work.

Would be hysterical if they get busted for handing our bags during the age of NIL. And yet, it would surprise no one.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, cafe society said:

Blinn.  And his father, Henry, Sr. was in, wait for it... hydraulics.

2 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

39 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Wiki says Blinn.

Well, we’ve cleared that up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dude looks retirement home ready - triple chin, wispy hair, unhealthy pale skin, arms resting on his gut.

47 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

He looks like Otis Campbell.

Looks like he should be driving around The Villages in a golf cart sporting a purple loofah.

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

Every time an aggy friend tells me about their spirit and atmosphere and how it’s the best in the country, I always follow up with this:

”so why hasn’t any of that resulted in a National Championship in over 80 years?”

Never can I get an answer to that.

Even better is to ask about that awesome, once in a lifetime atmosphere in 2011, when arguably one of the worst teams we ever fielded, with Cameraman McCoy at the helm, overcame the 12th man’s fury, diced up the middle of the field defenders, and our opera singing kicker nailed a 38 yarder in the face of the amazing aggy atmosphere to walk off with one of the best wins in the history of the rivalry.  Yeah ask about that atmosphere too. 

• Hook 'Em 4

00BD798D-09B5-4EC3-9872-74C2E42F0276.thumb.jpeg.3c68b5d2662aa120c58910f0ea5bad17.jpeg

…says the grad/fan of the school that last won a conference title 24 years ago, and a national title 83 years ago. (And if his implication is that this “fundamental difference” goes beyond the schools’ football programs…well he’d struggle mightily to support that argument too, though I’d enjoy seeing his attempt.)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread