Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

29 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

It seems we should just get rid of all non playoff bowls if half of the teams don't want to be there.

Yeah, it seems that when a team loses a non playoff bowl, they just didn't want to be there. 

Like Georgia in the 2018 Sugar Bowl, when they tried to win, couldn't, and just said that they really didn't want to be there. After stating all week that they were going to show the playoff committee that they belonged in the playoff. 

Narrator "They showed no such thing."

Or they just don't show up like aggy last year.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I once had to study data and issues leading up to the Challenger launch and I feel like we can say similar story happening in college station. 

Lots and lots of data (win ratio, transfers, recruiting rankings, media narrative, # of non-head coach arrests, fan attendance, # of negative posts on texags, etc etc) all point in one direction but F it, let's launch this shit because data doesn't tell while story.  #beatbamalastyearandalmostbeatthemthisyear

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

It seems we should just get rid of all non playoff bowls if half of the teams don't want to be there.

In the past there were far fewer bowl games and it seemed like it was considered an honor to make a bowl game.  Nowadays,  there's 40+(?), games that so dilutes the quality and interest in the games that they're really not special anymore.  imo

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Low teens and probably a sub-zero wind chill for that bowl? I’m not saying they should be unmotivated… but I understand. 

When you rape a bunch of women and then later go 6-6 with one of the smallest fan bases in the land, you get to play outside at the end of December.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

“You could say that Sark was his first love,” Archie said. “He started talking to Sark on Zoom calls when Sark was at Alabama. Kirby [Smart] and coach [Nick] Saban recruited him hard. They checked every box in Arch’s mind.”

Can you believe that Archie Manning has fallen so low as to lie like this in the face of clear evidence from the Aggies that neither Alabama nor Georgia wanted Arch Manning?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

image.png.64cf8d728a71e5e1a916d5a06b5d5e09.png

Texags:

image.png.8cec8149a14578d92a1be5f53c771abf.png

Let's all pool our intelligence and see if we can come up with what the impolite term would be.

I also love that Aggies are getting serious. In addition to the posts saying College Station is better than Tuscaloosa (Is Skidmore nicer than Snyder?), as the original context was recruiting, Gabe Bock to the rescue with all the things 18 year old football recruits really care about!

image.png.8196b3d3051058e29ba5e9ff07bd6da9.png

Best small places for business and careers in Texas? I'm not sure what that means, but fuck NIL, where do I sign?

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Reminds me of when Thomas Cooley Law School ranked itself as the #2 law school in the country (behind Harvard, ahead of Yale) based on its own ranking methodology which included things like:

- Square footage of the law library

- Number of books in the law library

- Number of chairs in the law library

- Number of hours a week the law library is open.

- Number of students who can graduate without using the law library 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Texags:

Let's all pool our intelligence and see if we can come up with what the impolite term would be.

I also love that Aggies are getting serious. In addition to the posts saying College Station is better than Tuscaloosa (Is Skidmore nicer than Snyder?), as the original context was recruiting, Gabe Bock to the rescue with all the things 18 year old football recruits really care about!

Best small places for business and careers in Texas? I'm not sure what that means, but fuck NIL, where do I sign?

I’m currently dealing with fog brain from being sick… but someone help me understand that bottom graphic. They claim to be first in the nation, but then below it states 4th in the nation among public universities. So what was the metric for the ranking where they were first?? First among cults posing as universities? First among universities located along the Brazos Valley? Or did they just do a bad job with the graphic and are claiming that they are the fourth best public university in the nation? Because LLLOOOLLLL if so…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, darkfluid said:

https://vsgclothing.com/product/texas-am-aggies-vs-wake-forest-demon-deacons-2021-taxslayer-gator-bowl-helmet-to-helmet-t-shirt/

If you do a google search there are quite a few others as well…all are pretty hilarious.

Thank you, and @Gil Bang They won’t be here for Christmas, but they’ll be here soon enough. 

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

In the past there were far fewer bowl games and it seemed like it was considered an honor to make a bowl game.  Nowadays,  there's 40+(?), games that so dilutes the quality and interest in the games that they're really not special anymore.  imo

That and NFL-caliber players sitting out bowl games. They need to cut the number of bowl games in half and probably not include them in records outside of the playoffs moving forward. They're glorified exhibitions at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

That and NFL-caliber players sitting out bowl games. They need to cut the number of bowl games in half and probably not include them in records outside of the playoffs moving forward. They're glorified exhibitions at this point.

What’s old is new again. 

I get the general idea, but it just feels wrong asking for less college football. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

If you’re not in the playoffs or in the New Year’s Day 6, yeah a bowl game is  basically a preseason game to get your young guys ready more practice/playing time. 

I have no problem with players opting out, but teams, like aggy, shouldn’t opt out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, nnm said:

Maybe. Depends on QB and OL. They got Brock from Bama for OL. Chandler Morris and probably a portal QB to be named later to fill in for Duggan. 

We get it, you love TCU. So much that 15,000 empty seats look like TCU fans. You're right, it's just anyone's guess on whether they regress next season. Since it's 50/50 would you like to wager? I'll give you $1,000 if they win 11 regular season games. You give me $100 if they don't. I'm allowing for a one win decrease and you still win! 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

We get it, you love TCU. So much that 15,000 empty seats look like TCU fans. You're right, it's just anyone's guess on whether they regress next season. Since it's 50/50 would you like to wager? I'll give you $1,000 if they win 11 regular season games. You give me $100 if they don't. I'm allowing for a one win decrease and you still win! 

No, I’m saying we’ll see. They may regress like Baylor, they may not. I don’t know. They could have lost any of their games this year. They’re not an all-time great juggernaut. 

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Texags:

Best small Olympic Sized Swimming pool where 'aggy water is just faster'

Best small seats on a bleachers that inverse proportionally 'grow' stadium size.

The quintessence of the 'Largest, Small Dick Complex' for any sized city. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread