Flight disrupting assholes Thread of Shame.

crash_davis

45 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Cool story bro. How is it possible you have not flown in 3.2 years?  I find this implausible. 

It’s been great. No conferences, client meetings, or F2F at the mothership. No wasting days of my life in airports cause the brakes on a baggage cart didn’t work and some guy got run over on the apron fucking up the departures and connections. I fucking hate airports. Especially all the people. Only thing that sucks is that I lost my airline status.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

It’s been great. No conferences, client meetings, or F2F at the mothership. No wasting days of my life in airports cause the brakes on a baggage cart didn’t work and some guy got run over on the apron fucking up the departures and connections. I fucking hate airports. Especially all the people. Only thing that sucks is that I lost my airline status.

No vacations?

Pretty sure if we were on a flight delay due to spilled fucking Rice, I would have just gotten up and started cleaning it.   But would have probably made some smart ass comment in the process about shitty Southwest service and passengers required to be the custodial crew if a flight crew actually shows up on time and then gotten kicked off the plane myself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

On 4/18/2023 at 2:16 PM, Brothahorn said:

Surly ruling?

It's a free fucking country.  You have the right to think whatever you want but the moment you put it out there be ready to hear how right or wrong you are by anyone. Anthony Bass seems like he sucks.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yuck…

A passenger on board American Airlines flight 292, which departed Saturday evening from New York JFK enroute for Delhi, was arrested on arrival in India Sunday night after getting into an argument with another passenger – and urinating on them.

According to American Airlines crew, the urinator was inebriated. The incident was reported to authorities prior to arrival and both passengers, including the unrinee (who has filed a formal complaint) were turned over to local police.
https://viewfromthewing.com/american-airlines-passenger-urinates-on-seatmate-after-argument/

oh and this one…this would also piss (pun intended) me off:

I get it. People going on vacation want to have a good time and are in a good mood…but that doesn’t mean you can do it on your flight at everyone else’s expense. 

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

It's 2023, why the hell doesn't SW have hand vacs for shit like that.

I only fly about 5 times per year, but it seems like 80% of FAs are just miserable bitches.

Wouldn't you be? You're stuck in a metal tube with a bunch of assholes all day. You couldn't pay me enough to do that job.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Wouldn't you be? You're stuck in a metal tube with a bunch of assholes all day. You couldn't pay me enough to do that job.

And it’s not their job to clean the plane, it never has been. There’s separate cleaning crew for that and it gets done once a night or as needed during the day. But as with just about any other job in the industry right now it’s not exactly being overwhelmed with people applying to do it. I have no idea what happened on that flight, clearly the FA was over the line, but I really doubt that the actual delay was related to the rice.  Despite her ridiculous PA, FAs don’t have that power and Captains wouldn’t care about the rice.  Apparently it was poorly communicated but it was almost certainly a delay for something other than that.  

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

It's 2023, why the hell doesn't SW have hand vacs for shit like that.

I only fly about 5 times per year, but it seems like 80% of FAs are just miserable bitches.

SWA can't keep their computer system from crashing every 4 months, maybe add dust busters to the fleet once they can keep the planes in the sky.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I agree with everything you said. Just don’t know how it’s possible. Viva la Galveston I guess?

39 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

And it’s not their job to clean the plane, it never has been. There’s separate cleaning crew for that and it gets done once a night or as needed during the day. But as with just about any other job in the industry right now it’s not exactly being overwhelmed with people applying to do it. I have no idea what happened on that flight, clearly the FA was over the line, but I really doubt that the actual delay was related to the rice.  Despite her ridiculous PA, FAs don’t have that power and Captains wouldn’t care about the rice.  Apparently it was poorly communicated but it was almost certainly a delay for something other than that.  

It is their job to be courteous and not be cunts. I didn’t read the rice story but not helping a pregnant lady clean up popcorn is bad business and I’d look to get her gone if I were in charge. 

FA's don't even start getting paid until the cabin door closes. I mean, at some point fairly quickly you can't hold up a whole fucking plane even just for the logistical problems created for the airline but they aren't getting paid enough to do their actual job. This is a much lighter breakdown than the guy who fucking went out the emergency exit.

I can't believe nobody on the plane just cleaned it up.  I would have asked for a dustpan 5 minutes in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

I agree with everything you said. Just don’t know how it’s possible. Viva la Galveston I guess?

My family has a place in Colorado. We drive up there. We drive to port A. We do weekend get aways in the hill country. We travel a lot for club soccer. We are planning for a Mediterranean trip this summer. Just haven’t had any compelling need to be in an airport with the animal nation.  

Edited by Anastasis
Quoted wrong post.

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

FA's don't even start getting paid until the cabin door closes. I mean, at some point fairly quickly you can't hold up a whole fucking plane even just for the logistical problems created for the airline but they aren't getting paid enough to do their actual job. This is a much lighter breakdown than the guy who fucking went out the emergency exit.

I can't believe nobody on the plane just cleaned it up.  I would have asked for a dustpan 5 minutes in.

Teachers don’t get paid enough. FAs do fine. Nobody is making anyone work at those jobs for a living. Given how salty a lot of them are, I’ll never feel sorry for FAs as a group. 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

My family has a place in Colorado. We drive up there. We drive to port A. We do weekend get aways in the hill country. We travel a lot for club soccer. We are planning for a Mediterranean trip this summer. Just haven’t had any compelling need to be in an airport with the animal nation.  

Ha I was gonna say Viva La Port A. I always drive to CO.  But I still find it staggering you haven’t flown to Vegas or NYC or Mexico or the Caribbean. 

35 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Teachers don’t get paid enough. FAs do fine. Nobody is making anyone work at those jobs for a living. Given how salty a lot of them are, I’ll never feel sorry for FAs as a group. 

Agreed.  When one of them, or a whole crew, get confronted with some truly craptastic passenger, I feel bad and that's a shitty safety situation for everybody.  But otherwise, only time you worry more about a FA than a teacher is when the Flight Attendant starts complaining to you about how they have to use their own money to buy supplies for the plane you're on.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I'm not aware that anyone was worrying more about FAs than teachers or worrying about either of them in general. Just commenting on how I can see how someone being paid $25/hr for not even most of their working hours could become a crusty old bitch.

They probably make 1.5x on average more than teachers. Sorry for the comparison, and yes, we as passengers in general can make their lives miserable. But that doesn’t give you the right to be an air cunt and have me “understand” and continue to fork over money to your airline.  I’ll never understand why some flight attendants are this way, and I’ve seen it on every airline.  SWA has gotten appreciably worse in this regard and they used to be great. 

5 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Imagine being a mouse and ending up 3,000 miles from home. 

Disney. Get on this.

I’ve seen Snakes on a Plane and Ratatouille.  Hard pass. 

7 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Yuck…

A passenger on board American Airlines flight 292, which departed Saturday evening from New York JFK enroute for Delhi, was arrested on arrival in India Sunday night after getting into an argument with another passenger – and urinating on them.

According to American Airlines crew, the urinator was inebriated. The incident was reported to authorities prior to arrival and both passengers, including the unrinee (who has filed a formal complaint) were turned over to local police.
https://viewfromthewing.com/american-airlines-passenger-urinates-on-seatmate-after-argument/

oh and this one…this would also piss (pun intended) me off:

I get it. People going on vacation want to have a good time and are in a good mood…but that doesn’t mean you can do it on your flight at everyone else’s expense. 

I'd fucking cause a scene if that was the case

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Did you watch the video? You speak up in that situation and grab a dust pan and clean it, she’d say thank you for cleaning up your mess and then kick you off the plane for causing a disruption.

That bitch wasn’t playing around.

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

2-year olds may not be reasonable but you can guide their behavior or they can guide your behavior.

Or sometimes they act like 2 year olds and drop/throw popcorn. 

49 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

2 year olds shouldn’t have popcorn in the first place 🤷

Lol. You’re gonna feed a 2 year old what he/she wants particularly in an enclosed metal tube at 30,000 feet. FA was a cunt. And I was the guy that’d either clean up big messes, or leave an extra $10 on top of tip when my kids were that age.  My at-the-time frequently pregnant wife would never have been permitted to clean those messes up. Not that I was planning on it but I won’t fly United. 

4 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

But you’re the dick that calls some TSA dude a motherfucker because you can’t follow simple rules, so.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Popcorn is a choking hazard for 2 year olds, plenty of other annoying little snacks they can throw on the ground.

I’m not going to critique a mother I don’t know. My youngest is 10. I can’t remember anymore. All I know is the kid didn’t choke and any other food would’ve also ended up on the ground. Yes the mom probably should pick it up and the pitcher husband looks like a crying bitch. But this was all caused by a bitchy FA who showed no grace to an obvious mother that is probably showing a third on the way. Totally needless. Let the popcorn sit there. It wasn’t a terrible mess. 

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

But you’re the dick that calls some TSA dude a motherfucker because you can’t follow simple rules, so.

Yes I am. Stupid fucking rule that the guy has the ability to use common sense discretion that he doesn’t possess. 

14 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Imagine being a mouse and ending up 3,000 miles from home. 

Disney. Get on this.

Imagine being a pet mouse at Richard Gere's house. Now imagine that mouse ending up 3,000 miles from home. Disney, Disney.

Ah interesting - I don’t think I’ve ever had popcorn served to me on a plane but apparently it is in one of United’s snack boxes. 2 year olds should still not have popcorn but that’s whatever. Its trashy to leave messes like that behind and not at least attempt to clean it up but I’m a bit more surprised that the FA made a big deal out of it if she served it to them.

Curious if there are actually more stories like this than usual and if FA’s are experiencing the same general uptick in shitty entitled people that other service industry people have dealt with in the aftermath of covid. Seems probable.

I'm guessing it's just a case of human nature.  She had to deal with some cunt Carl or Karen earlier in the flight or on her first bird of the day.  And she bottled it up and took it out on this woman.  It ain't right, but I get it.  The only part where I take serious issue with the FA is if the woman is showing, have some fucking human decency and keep your shit tidy and take it out on the next person.  We are completely crumbling as a society but one of the last few decent things we do is give pregnant mom's some leeway.

13 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Thank you.  United to London next month and no chance of seeing you and your popcorn spewing spawn. 

Well they wouldn’t, but if I flew united I’d intentionally leave popcorn under the seats because I’m a fucking terrible ass. 

6 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Looks like I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue...

Nobody dressed like that should ever be permitted on a plane. What airline?

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'm guessing it's just a case of human nature.  She had to deal with some cunt Carl or Karen earlier in the flight or on her first bird of the day.  And she bottled it up and took it out on this woman.  It ain't right, but I get it. 

It is fair to say none of us have enough info.  The kids may have been acting up the whole flight.  The FA might be a bitch.  The FA might have told the mom and kids to please not spill after the mess started, and mom ignored her and let the kids go feral. We do not know.   

What bothers me is the concept that people believe they can dirty up the cabin and let others take care of it.  I hauled a shit ton of scouts to numerous campouts and 11 summer camps all over the southeast.   I told them all that my suv was not their trash can, and if they disrespected that then I would make a point of making my vehicle the very last for pee stops or food breaks.   It took a few demonstrations to prove I meant it, but they all caught on.    Not being a pig in someone else’s ride is not a hard concept to master.   Many already knew that. The rest learned quickly. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1