Flight disrupting assholes Thread of Shame.

crash_davis

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Soon after, Torres allegedly got out of his seat, mouthing something, before thrusting “towards one of the flight attendants in a stabbing motion with a broken metal spoon, hitting the flight attendant on the neck area three times,” the Justice Department said.

Torres was then tackled by other passengers on the flight and was immediately taken into custody after the flight landed.

United Airlines says it has banned Torres from flying on future flights following this incident.

No shit, even without the stabbing he should be placed on the no fly list 

On 2/25/2023 at 4:34 PM, crash_davis said:

Americans can be some stupid motherfuckers. Find an unexploded bomb on your trip to Israel. Let's bring it on the plane back to the US. Wait, what are all those people running for??????

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/american-family-israel-bomb-luggage-souvenir_n_626bf9ede4b029505df1cab6

Bad idea: picking up an old, unexploded bomb.

Worse idea: deciding to keep an old, unexploded bomb as a souvenir.

The absolute worst idea: transporting an old, unexploded bomb to the airport in your luggage and attempting to bring it on a plane.

A chaotic scene unfolded at Israel’s Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv on Thursday after an American family attempted to pass through security with unexploded ordnance in their suitcase.

Mrs. F (in pre-Mrs. days) did this with a .50 cal cartridge she took off a B-25 she went diving on back in the 80s.  Except in those times, in Micronesia, the security was much more lax.  FiL didn't find it until they were back in the States.  He was miffed, but it's his favorite "listen to what this yahoo did" story to tell about her.  Funnily enough, neither of them know where the cartridge wound up.  

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Mrs. F (in pre-Mrs. days) did this with a .50 cal cartridge she took off a B-25 she went diving on back in the 80s.  Except in those times, in Micronesia, the security was much more lax.  FiL didn't find it until they were back in the States.  He was miffed, but it's his favorite "listen to what this yahoo did" story to tell about her.  Funnily enough, neither of them know where the cartridge wound up.  

Years ago when going on a family vacation, my crazy aunt brought her huge ass purse (like big enough to fit a bowling ball plus some) and it got flagged for extra screening. They pulled out 2 pairs of scissors and 4 knives. She was just laughing like it was a funny game. We didn’t know if she did it intentionally or if she just always carried around shit like that in her bag. Once we got to the island she proclaimed that they missed two of her knives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Years ago when going on a family vacation, my crazy aunt brought her huge ass purse (like big enough to fit a bowling ball plus some) and it got flagged for extra screening. They pulled out 2 pairs of scissors and 4 knives. She was just laughing like it was a funny game. We didn’t know if she did it intentionally or if she just always carried around shit like that in her bag. Once we got to the island she proclaimed that they missed two of her knives.

They searched her purse, not her prison wallet.

What's the fucking point of inconveniencing everyone? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/flight-grounded-hours-vermont-bomb-threat-note-found-bathroom-shortly-rcna74657

The threat was reported on board flight 3613, which departed from Newark, New Jersey, and was scheduled to land at Burlington International Airport in Vermont at 4:30 p.m., according to FlightAware data.

About 20 minutes before landing, the flight’s crew notified air traffic control about “a threat to the aircraft,” Nic Longo, the director of aviation at Burlington International Airport, said in a news conference.

A grounded flight at Burlington International Airport in Vermont on Sunday.WPTZ

Although officials did not disclose the nature of the threat, the pilot reportedly called in about a threatening note found in a lavatory.

“A flight attendant just came up and said that a passenger found a note ... that said there was a bomb on board,” the pilot of the flight said in audio obtained by NBC affiliate WPTZ, which serves the Burlington area. 

Air traffic control initiated emergency response protocol. The plane landed and was directed to a "specific location" and law enforcement “assessed the situation,” Longo said. 

The Vermont State Police said Sunday their bomb squad was activated to aid local authorities.

Law enforcement ultimately determined that nothing unusual or suspicious was found, and the 65 passengers deplaned and were briefed on the situation just after 7 p.m., officials said. 

They were brought to the terminal to retrieve their belongings. Longo said no injuries were reported. 

The airport was closed during the incident and was reopened for all air traffic at 7:30 p.m., Longo said.

On 3/8/2023 at 4:00 PM, Covri said:

Let’s be honest. They were both tattooed. And, “sport coat guy” is wearing track suit pants?  Fuck both these guys. No fly list. 

I've been lucky thus far to avoid anything close to the type of shit posted in this thread while flying, but reading and watching this makes me question whether I should ever take my kids anywhere that involves an airport.  People fucking suck, and it would sure be nice if there were a way to sort out the trash and keep them at home where they belong. I can't believe someone like the asshole tampering with the airplane door made it back to the ground alive without someone just taking him out on principle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

I've been lucky thus far to avoid anything close to the type of shit posted in this thread while flying, but reading and watching this makes me question whether I should ever take my kids anywhere that involves an airport.  People fucking suck, and it would sure be nice if there were a way to sort out the trash and keep them at home where they belong. I can't believe someone like the asshole tampering with the airplane door made it back to the ground alive without someone just taking him out on principle. 

Build tasers into the seats. 

"Captain, we have an unruly passenger in aisle 14, seat C."

Then he just pushes the button. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I took a magazine of 45 ACP on a carry on by accident once.

Got a crazy idea.  Almost every large city has their new police do rotating assignments.  You do a beat on foot, or on bicycle, or traffic, or overnight, or sporting events/festivals, or whatever.  But you get exposure to not just different parts of town, but different environments/crowds.  It does seem, and this is largely anecdotal, that police seem to be more inclined to de-escalate at airports.  Maybe it's that everybody is already on edge having to fly, or the close-in crowds filming, or that there's 1000 cameras mounted on the ceiling.  But police do a very under-appreciated job at airports helping keep folks safe.  Much more than the worthless TSA dipshits who annually still let 5000 guns go through x-ray machines.  But almost every time, they calm situations and act rationally.  

If this 3-margarita hoodied dipshit was outside and brown, he'd be fucking dead.  Instead, they tried to calm him down and take him into custody in a humane fashion.  He had plenty of chances to get over his shit and get peaceful.  I think all police should cycle through an airport for at least 6 months.  How you behave there is how you should behave everywhere.  And vice-versa.  As we've stated on here, why so many people choose airports/airplanes to make their personal stand for freedom and agency is so fucking beyond me.  I guess cruises are next. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, crash_davis said:

gotta love platforms like TikTok that can quickly spread a live TikTok via their algorithm. You could leave your buddy at the gate, and while you're in line for a sandwich at the airport cafe, TikTok could share that your friend was just fighting with cops. 

as for this situation, if you're going to get hammered at the airport, it's good to have a more sober friend that can diffuse the situation.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Got a crazy idea.  Almost every large city has their new police do rotating assignments.  You do a beat on foot, or on bicycle, or traffic, or overnight, or sporting events/festivals, or whatever.  But you get exposure to not just different parts of town, but different environments/crowds.  It does seem, and this is largely anecdotal, that police seem to be more inclined to de-escalate at airports.  Maybe it's that everybody is already on edge having to fly, or the close-in crowds filming, or that there's 1000 cameras mounted on the ceiling.  But police do a very under-appreciated job at airports helping keep folks safe.  Much more than the worthless TSA dipshits who annually still let 5000 guns go through x-ray machines.  But almost every time, they calm situations and act rationally.  

If this 3-margarita hoodied dipshit was outside and brown, he'd be fucking dead.  Instead, they tried to calm him down and take him into custody in a humane fashion.  He had plenty of chances to get over his shit and get peaceful.  I think all police should cycle through an airport for at least 6 months.  How you behave there is how you should behave everywhere.  And vice-versa.  As we've stated on here, why so many people choose airports/airplanes to make their personal stand for freedom and agency is so fucking beyond me.  I guess cruises are next. 

I imagine it has more to do w/ most of these incidents happening in secure areas.  The cops aren't as jacked up b/c they can be relatively confident the Karen/Kevin is unarmed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I imagine it has more to do w/ most of these incidents happening in secure areas.  The cops aren't as jacked up b/c they can be relatively confident the Karen/Kevin is unarmed. 

That and shooting a motherfucker may close the airport, or at least a few gates, for a few hours which will piss and inconvenience of a good amount of people.

An unruly passenger forced an Atlanta-bound Delta flight to divert to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, airline officials said Friday.

The incident happened on Delta flight 731, which was traveling from Orange County, Calif. to Atlanta on Thursday night. It had to land at DFW early Friday morning, according to FlightAware data.

The airline didn't say what the passenger was doing, only that they were being "unruly," according to a statement. The flight had to divert to DFW, where it landed safely. The unruly passenger was removed from the plane, and the flight continued to Atlanta.

DFW Airport officials said they were called to the incident as a medical call and that one person was taken to a hospital. No more information was released by the airport.

The 199-passenger, six-crewmember flight was on the ground at DFW for about three hours.