COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

14 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Ran into a friend's widow tonight at the store, haven't talked to her since pre covid, and haven't been close to her since her husband's death from cancer.

He was only 56, and his cancer was the type that responds well to chemo and radiation. But he did a bunch of homeopathic bullshit like blood filtering or chelation and leeches and suffered a lingering, painful, excruciating death. Refused to get treated at MDA with actual treatments.

Conversation veered towards family health, I told her Covid hit me hard and there was no question that I'd be first in line for vaccine. Said it like to believe otherwise was foolish.

She immediately regurgitated all the antivax/ivermectin/anti hospital bs.

I said bye and continued on with my shopping because what I wanted to say was "well, after your beliefs about cancer treatment killed your husband I just assumed you realized you were wrong and started believing in medical science."

You are a better man than me.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Ran into a friend's widow tonight at the store, haven't talked to her since pre covid, and haven't been close to her since her husband's death from cancer.

He was only 56, and his cancer was the type that responds well to chemo and radiation. But he did a bunch of homeopathic bullshit like blood filtering or chelation and leeches and suffered a lingering, painful, excruciating death. Refused to get treated at MDA with actual treatments.

Conversation veered towards family health, I told her Covid hit me hard and there was no question that I'd be first in line for vaccine. Said it like to believe otherwise was foolish.

She immediately regurgitated all the antivax/ivermectin/anti hospital bs.

I said bye and continued on with my shopping because what I wanted to say was "well, after your beliefs about cancer treatment killed your husband I just assumed you realized you were wrong and started believing in medical science."

The expression you are looking for to describe this kind of person is "stuck on stupid". 

I think that’s the joke.  That’s how little Ralphie would write it out on his paper.    Because he’s an idiot.  And very likely an anti-vaxxer.  

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I take serious issue with the fact that each sentence in this caption begins with an open quote.  And there are no close quotes. 

You are reading it wrong. Its like this:

"Dear Mrs. Hoover, you have Lyme disease."

We miss you.

"Kevin's biting me."

Come back soon.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

This guy was an MD apparently, which makes it even worse. 

It amazes me how everything has become so polarized.  I mean, "natural" medicine has some benefits, and a good MD would keep that in his toolkit (like telling people to eat healthy foods, drink green tea and possibly take some supplements).  But more and more you see "natural" medicine people totally shunning medical science.  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

One of these days I'm going to snap and just deep-6 whatever politeness filter I have.

I was raised by a stepford mom, sometimes I wish I was raised by wolves.

It's never too late to go feral. Look at 30% of the country.

12 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

They're not even eligible for licensing in Texas.  

That will be on the ballot for the next legislative session, along with medical licensing for energy crystals and essential oil practitioners. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

more orphaned children, more mortgages going unpaid, more people driven to fanaticism because of deaths they can't understand is a winning formula, penelope

Sadly, this is great point and it probably doesn't get enough consideration. These are ready made pods of folks, many of which will be emotionally primed to think great things about their parents because Human Nature, and will basically be primed for radicalization before they hit 20. Would they have had that in those homes anyway, maybe? But now they'll probably be extremely financially disadvantaged. 

12 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

more orphaned children, more mortgages going unpaid, more people driven to fanaticism because of deaths they can't understand is a winning formula, penelope

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sadly, this is great point and it probably doesn't get enough consideration. These are ready made pods of folks, many of which will be emotionally primed to think great things about their parents because Human Nature, and will basically be primed for radicalization before they hit 20. Would they have had that in those homes anyway, maybe? But now they'll probably be extremely financially disadvantaged. 

Unfortunately, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I doubt those kids had much of a shot to begin with.  Stupid begets stupid.  There needs to be a serious conversation in this country about people having children they have zero business having.  I have seen it first hand.  Shit parents who neglect their kids, those kids are going to have an uphill climb already.  There needs to be a better system in place to step in and get those kids into a home where they can succeed, and I am not talking about the current foster system.  That shit is fucking broken.  Think of all the loving couples who cannot have children, who wait years to adopt.  The system is broken.  But that is a much bigger issue.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Unfortunately, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I doubt those kids had much of a shot to begin with.  Stupid begets stupid.  There needs to be a serious conversation in this country about people having children they have zero business having.  I have seen it first hand.  Shit parents who neglect their kids, those kids are going to have an uphill climb already.  There needs to be a better system in place to step in and get those kids into a home where they can succeed, and I am not talking about the current foster system.  That shit is fucking broken.  Think of all the loving couples who cannot have children, who wait years to adopt.  The system is broken.  But that is a much bigger issue.  

It's a bigger issue, and it's like 500th down on the list of shit more important to fix, imo. And that's outside of the fact that telling folks they can't do something/anything is basically akin to the fundamental concept of America in general. You've seen how masks worked to say lives, now tell people they can't have children. It's a non starter.

I addressed the concept of not having much of a shot in my post. Yes, the parents probably would have been shit to begin with. But now they'll be shit, probably poorer than they would have before, had a rougher time, and all the while have someone pointing out that the other half of the country DID THIS TO THEM. As opposed to any accountability. Trust me, that's a worse soup than just having shitty parents. Lots of folks survive shitty parents. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

It's a bigger issue, and it's like 500th down on the list of shit more important to fix, imo. And that's outside of the fact that telling folks they can't do something/anything is basically akin to the fundamental concept of America in general. You've seen how masks worked to say lives, now tell people they can't have children. It's a non starter.

I addressed the concept of not having much of a shot in my post. Yes, the parents probably would have been shit to begin with. But now they'll be shit, probably poorer than they would have before, had a rougher time, and all the while have someone pointing out that the other half of the country DID THIS TO THEM. As opposed to any accountability. Trust me, that's a worse soup than just having shitty parents. Lots of folks survive shitty parents. 

And a lot don't.  

Unfortunately, I do not see a way out of this anymore.  The anti-vaxxers would rather die to own the libs or prove they were right, and their kids/spouses are going to pay the price.  To be clear, this wasn't something that was done to them, but something they chose to do.  They didn't care about their spouse/kids.  

But I honestly cannot care anymore for these people.  Fuck them.  It is a free shot.  If they cannot man or woman up enough to take it, they get what they deserve.  

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's never too late to go feral. Look at 30% of the country.

That will be on the ballot for the next legislative session, along with medical licensing for energy crystals and essential oil practitioners. 

Sterling gonna be a doctor!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

and all the while have someone that pinnacle of parenting principles Kellyanne Conway pointing out that the other half of the country DID THIS TO THEM. As opposed to any accountability. Trust me, that's a worse soup than just having shitty parents. Lots of folks survive shitty parents. 

Fixty.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1