COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

On 9/3/2021 at 8:16 PM, JimmyJames said:

I am curious what fattyflatie or whatever his name is was so surprised I liked David Allen Coe.

Can’t speak for Ff, but songs with titles like “N*gg*r Lover” are one reason I turned down a weekend gig as a bartender at Coe’s misogynist biker and racism festival.

Edited to suggest that any song you might like that Coe takes credit for he likely stole in whole or part.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Explained
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Can’t speak for Ff, but songs with titles like “N*gg*r Lover” are one reason I turned down a weekend gig as a bartender at Coe’s misogynist biker and racism festival.

Edited to suggest that any song you might like that Coe takes credit for he likely stole in whole or part.

Was introduced to Coe in college by pledge brothers straight outta the suburbs and exurbs of Houston and DFW. Had never heard him before. Liked some of his songs and still do. Should have known he was racist but I didn’t know his entire catalog to make it so crystal clear. He did always seem like a name dropper though. Always talking about willie, Waylon, etc.  Always figured he was a dumbass. 

Never knew he stole songs. If true he’s a piece of shit. 

I was in college in peak WinAmp mp3 days and enjoyed DAC for his songs about trucks, mamas, getting drunk, trains.  About all I knew.  Then i go to my buddies dorm and he has a whole catalogue downloaded on his computer and song number 2 was nbomb lover.  I immediately hit eject and stopped listening to him.  All I needed to know.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

I was in college in peak WinAmp mp3 days and enjoyed DAC for his songs about trucks, mamas, getting drunk, trains.  About all I knew.  Then i go to my buddies dorm and he has a whole catalogue downloaded on his computer and song number 2 was nbomb lover.  I immediately hit eject and stopped listening to him.  All I needed to know.

Lol, Winamp. Had some great skins. Brother?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Well listen here young sonny way back in 91 we couldn’t just “download” his whole catalog, we were stuck listening to whatever someone had decided to record on a cassette tape at some point in time or had stolen a tape from someone else since full album tapes cost like 10 bucks and nobody had that kind of scratch to waste on David Allen Coe. All the while listening to the songs on a Sony Walkman while we walked 10 miles to class in the snow. 

Times were hard back in those days.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

probably don't want to claim brother because by the time i graduated it had changed into a shite-ton of embarrassing DMB tracks.  my college era is a forgettable period in music.

Hey, no shame man.  We all did what we had to do to in order to get laid.  In a Larry David/George Costanza moment of appeasement, I wrote a girl I was dating an "I'm Sorry' card because we had a bad fight (I'm sure it was over something really super-extra important).  This woulda been my Junior year at UT.  We were supposed to go to the DMB show at the Erwin Center (Autumn sometime in '96).  She got all pissy with me.  So I wrote her a "I'm sorry" card that consisted solely of Dave Matthews lyrics and dropped it off a few days before.  I show up to pick her up for the show and her roommate is teary-eyed telling me how beautiful my card was.  We go to the show and stay together a few more months.  But I knew then that I was heading down a very weird path.  I was minutes away from being acoustic guitar at the party who says shit like, "I think I just feel things more deeply than other people" to chicks.  But she was gorgeous and a fun hang so I went down the road.  /csb

What were we talking about?  Dave Matthews Band?  My taste in music evolved nicely in college, I just had this "side channel" that I had to pursue in order to meet chicks at concerts.  We all did.  I liked the music and tour vibe of shit like The Dead, Phish, et. al.  Problem is I don't like the twirly skirt, oily smell, "I'm not religious, but I'm really spiritual" chicks you meet at shows like that.  I wanna lose myself on acid at a Dead or Pink Floyd show, but I wanted the girl with the well groomed lower half, who liked VIP seats for Dave Matthews Band with vodka sodas on the reg.  

Holy shit, that show was 25 years ago.  FAFO old man Lobo.

Hey, no shame man.  We all did what we had to do to in order to get laid.  In a Larry David/George Costanza moment of appeasement, I wrote a girl I was dating an "I'm Sorry' card because we had a bad fight (I'm sure it was over something really super-extra important).  This woulda been my Junior year at UT.  We were supposed to go to the DMB show at the Erwin Center (Autumn sometime in '96).  She got all pissy with me.  So I wrote her a "I'm sorry" card that consisted solely of Dave Matthews lyrics and dropped it off a few days before.  I show up to pick her up for the show and her roommate is teary-eyed telling me how beautiful my card was.  We go to the show and stay together a few more months.  But I knew then that I was heading down a very weird path.  I was minutes away from being acoustic guitar at the party who says shit like, "I think I just feel things more deeply than other people" to chicks.  But she was gorgeous and a fun hang so I went down the road.  /csb
What were we talking about?  Dave Matthews Band?  My taste in music evolved nicely in college, I just had this "side channel" that I had to pursue in order to meet chicks at concerts.  We all did.  I liked the music and tour vibe of shit like The Dead, Phish, et. al.  Problem is I don't like the twirly skirt, oily smell, "I'm not religious, but I'm really spiritual" chicks you meet at shows like that.  I wanna lose myself on acid at a Dead or Pink Floyd show, but I wanted the girl with the well groomed lower half, who liked VIP seats for Dave Matthews Band with vodka sodas on the reg.  
Holy shit, that show was 25 years ago.  FAFO old man Lobo.

Way TL/DR

10 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

my college era is a forgettable period in music.

Mine isn't.  I was obsessed with Shania Twain for a while.

I can probably only name 1-2 songs she sang, but I was obsessed with her for a while.

And scanners/digital cameras weren't available to 99% of people, so if we wanted pics, we had to build up a library of various magazines.  

If you were short on space, you cut the articles/photos out of the magazines and stuck them somewhere.  Maybe the wall.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Somebody elsewhere was upset about this thread (I think about this thread, but maybe they were upset about the main CR covid thread - that thing is too big to read/follow so I dunno) that we laughed at unvaccinated people getting fucked up by covid and/or dying.

We have plenty of threads in LULZ (dumbass shit we see on Facebook, pics/videos that make you say "holy shit", etc.), and occasionally DT where we laugh at people who tempted fate, whether it be some dipshit who decides he's going to fight somebody else and then gets his ass whipped in a Waffle House or somebody decides they can surf on top of their buddy's car, or somebody who does something worthy of a Jackass TV segment or whatever, and then gets fucked up.

How are those examples any different than somebody going around spouting off that covid isn't dangerous, that you don't need the vaccine, etc., that you need to take fucking horse paste, and then getting fucked up by covid?

The only difference, and this is what makes the covid jackasses a lot worse IMO, than some dipshit who challenges somebody to a fight and ends up on Worldstar, is that the covid jackasses take a lot longer for their fuckery to play out, we have to ultimately pay their hospital bills, and they are unfortunately taking up medical resources that could be better spent on say an accident victim, or an elderly person who had a fall or whatever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

Mine isn't.  I was obsessed with Shania Twain for a while.
I can probably only name 1-2 songs she sang, but I was obsessed with her for a while.
And scanners/digital cameras weren't available to 99% of people, so if we wanted pics, we had to build up a library of various magazines.  
If you were short on space, you cut the articles/photos out of the magazines and stuck them somewhere.  Maybe the wall.

giphy.gif

On 9/7/2021 at 12:32 PM, Goredho said:

Well, I have a fuck surplus, but I'll be goddammed if I extend any of it to freeloading conservatives looking for a fuck handout.  They need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and fuck themselves.

Here's your fuck surplus

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/oh-my-fucking-god-get-the-fucking-vaccine-already-you-fucking-fucks

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Somebody elsewhere was upset about this thread (I think about this thread, but maybe they were upset about the main CR covid thread - that thing is too big to read/follow so I dunno) that we laughed at unvaccinated people getting fucked up by covid and/or dying.

We have plenty of threads in LULZ (dumbass shit we see on Facebook, pics/videos that make you say "holy shit", etc.), and occasionally DT where we laugh at people who tempted fate, whether it be some dipshit who decides he's going to fight somebody else and then gets his ass whipped in a Waffle House or somebody decides they can surf on top of their buddy's car, or somebody who does something worthy of a Jackass TV segment or whatever, and then gets fucked up.

How are those examples any different than somebody going around spouting off that covid isn't dangerous, that you don't need the vaccine, etc., that you need to take fucking horse paste, and then getting fucked up by covid?

The only difference, and this is what makes the covid jackasses a lot worse IMO, than some dipshit who challenges somebody to a fight and ends up on Worldstar, is that the covid jackasses take a lot longer for their fuckery to play out, we have to ultimately pay their hospital bills, and they are unfortunately taking up medical resources that could be better spent on say an accident victim, or an elderly person who had a fall or whatever.

I can't post the crying Chris Crocker .gif but....

"LEAVE THE ANTI-VAXXED ALONE!"  

Y'all seriously...Stahp!  Like, for realz this time!  Y'all quit!  

Edited by Lobo

I'm not sure how this country will be able to replace all the intellectual heavyweights we're gonna lose due to this covid hoax

image.thumb.png.f82109a40b80fe65ac32195f43e9163e.png

If there was just something that could be done to save these precious resources. Nope, sorry all!  lost another one. 

image.thumb.png.a7facb64f6307d29ca78b9132986d6c2.png

40 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so sad and yet so avoidable. i will never understand this shit

Is this the same child whose grandma's FB/twitter posts were in one of these threads recently?  The one who set up a GoFundMe for the funeral?  The first names of the mom and child in the article seem familiar.

Now I can't find those posts.  

7 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Is this the same child whose grandma's FB/twitter posts were in one of these threads recently?  The one who set up a GoFundMe for the funeral?  The first names of the mom and child in the article seem familiar.

Now I can't find those posts.  

But I did find the GoFundMe.  It is the same family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/xs69p5-help-lay-our-beautiful-baby-girl-to-rest?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

7 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

A comment only 25 minutes old, but the best there.  Linda Grant, I salute you!

Linda Grant donated $10
So sorry for your loss. Your family has paid the ultimate price. Please share how you hope to spare another family the same pain.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Comments on that GoFundMe are awesome.  I understand some of you may feel like they are piling on, but I'm hoping that other anti-vax parents see what happened.

Melanie Santana donated $10

This is why my 10year old is the only student wearing a mask in her classroom in Arizona. It is because she cares a lot about her fellow citizens, she sees that we are interconnected, that her actions affect others, even if she feels out of place and judged by masking when no one around her is. We wear our masks and vaccinate so that we may possibly save even one life. If America had achieved herd immunity by having a higher vaccination rate, we would not have had this new surge and we could have saved this little sweetheart’s life. What a shame? We are Americans first…can we please help save lives…these are real lives lost..:more than the terrorists took in 9/11 and Kabul…we get angry at the terrorists, but we don’t get angry with our neighbors who won’t vaccinate or mask. Yep, it’s a free country. But do we really want to see more children die from this….totally preventable and so sorry this happened to this baby.

High Five Friends GIF by IMDb TV
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1