You can't wear a bathing suit because I get a hard on - some christian dude

crash_davis

How it started.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/pk2622/adults_heckle_tn_high_school_student_advocating/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

How it's going

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/pk2xcs/yall_remember_that_post_from_earlier_about_those/

TLDR, He berates women AT THE BEACH for wearing bikinis. Basically women can't wear bikinis at a beach because it turns him on and other bullshit. Then he goes online to spout more religious bullshit in his defense.

Fuck this dude. He's getting all kinds of shit. But he's so god damend stupid he'll think this as a test of faith and double down on his bullshit. Religions wreck the minds of weak minded people.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Fuck this dude. He's getting all kinds of shit. But he's so god damend stupid he'll think this as a test of faith and double down on his bullshit. Religions wreck the minds of weak minded people.

15 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I loved that response video. It never even entered his brain that maybe other people don't give a shit about his religious beliefs.

Baby steps.

In my lifetime, I've seen Jesus paintings and other portrayals that went from blond hair/blue-eyed, to dark hair/dark-eyed with a decent tan.

My kids may actually see him portrayed as what he actually looked like.

If you could take the human id and distill it down to unbridled impulses of pure, naked self-interest, and then work backwards to justify those impulses with a sort of word salad of quasi-Christian nonsense, you'd have this guy's religion.

Edited by ndawg
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Christians are the worst.  Change my mind.

Some people are the worst. Some of those people are Christians. 

Some people are really good. Some of those people are Christians.

Everyone’s got to have someone to despise, I get that. The loudly self proclaimed Christians attract a lot of attention and do harm to the nation, world and Christianity itself. Just try not to identify that someone using simplistic narratives and we’ll all be better off.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Christians are the worst.  Change my mind.

It’s borderline. All of the Abrahamic religions suck. But at least Moses was a Jew and Muhammad was a Muslim. Only Christians worship a prophet who practiced a different religion than they do. And then they have centuries of horrendous atrocities committed during the Middle Ages. So no, I don’t think I can change your mind.

But the bottom line is that religion poisons everything and religious conservatives, of all faiths, are the greatest opponents of peace in the world. Fuck all of them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Everyone’s got to have someone to despise, I get that. The loudly self proclaimed Christians attract a lot of attention and do harm to the nation, world and Christianity itself. Just try not to identify that someone using simplistic narratives and we’ll all be better off.

This is true, but at the same time, it has to be acknowledged that evangelical churches are basically molding generations of people into scientifically illiterate, uncurious dunces who present a real threat to civilized society.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

How it started.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/pk2622/adults_heckle_tn_high_school_student_advocating/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

How it's going

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/pk2xcs/yall_remember_that_post_from_earlier_about_those/

TLDR, He berates women AT THE BEACH for wearing bikinis. Basically women can't wear bikinis at a beach because it turns him on and other bullshit. Then he goes online to spout more religious bullshit in his defense.

He just hates it because none of the hot women in bikini’s would ever look his way. 

The Church responded.

https://www.insider.com/video-woman-called-girl-too-fat-to-wear-jean-shorts-2019-7

The young woman. Good on her.

"I want everyone to understand I do not hate her," she said. "I do not hate that woman in the video, and I will never hate her, because that's not what God told us to do. Instead, I forgive her."

24 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

First of all, everyone is an asshole from time to time so let’s just get that out of the way. In biblical terms we’d say, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, many of those good Christians only seem good to you because you look like them. Do they support gay marriage? No? Cross them off the list. Do they support a woman’s right to choose? No? Cross them off the list. Do they support Donald Trump? No decent person supports Donald Trump. Cross all of them off the list. Good people support freedom and equality for everyone regardless of race, color, creed, or sexual orientation. I’d argue that anyone who believes that you have to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and everyone else is going to burn in Hell for all eternity is by definition not a good person. They divide the world into “Us” and “Them” and as long as they think you fall into the “Us” category, you perceive them as good. But they’re not good because their definition of “Us” is exclusive and in some way, shape, or form they support the oppression of “Them.”

Sure, there are good Christians out there. There are good religious people of every stripe out there. The good ones are the ones who don’t take their religion too seriously and respect others’ right to live as they see fit. And some of them aren’t actually believers, they’re just practicing a tradition. Some of them even work in the clergy. There’s even an online support group for non-believing clergy.

Adopt a worldview consistent with the scientific method and define “Us” as everyone and you’ll probably be a good person.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Much like cops, the failure of the greater christian community to call these shitheads out and shame them for their shameful behavior is why christians get painted with a broad brush. You're making the same argument that babyaga makes to defend his pig buddies

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Much like cops, the failure of the greater christian community to call these shitheads out and shame them for their shameful behavior is why christians get painted with a broad brush. You're making the same argument that babyaga makes to defend his pig buddies

posts about christians not shaming others 

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

First of all, everyone is an asshole from time to time so let’s just get that out of the way. In biblical terms we’d say, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

Second, many of those good Christians only seem good to you because you look like them. Do they support gay marriage? No? Cross them off the list. Do they support a woman’s right to choose? No? Cross them off the list. Do they support Donald Trump? No decent person supports Donald Trump. Cross all of them off the list. Good people support freedom and equality for everyone regardless of race, color, creed, or sexual orientation. I’d argue that anyone who believes that you have to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and everyone else is going to burn in Hell for all eternity is by definition not a good person. They divide the world into “Us” and “Them” and as long as they think you fall into the “Us” category, you perceive them as good. But they’re not good because their definition of “Us” is exclusive and in some way, shape, or form they support the oppression of “Them.”

Sure, there are good Christians out there. There are good religious people of every stripe out there. The good ones are the ones who don’t take their religion too seriously and respect others’ right to live as they see fit. And some of them aren’t actually believers, they’re just practicing a tradition. Some of them even work in the clergy. There’s even an online support group for non-believing clergy.

Adopt a worldview consistent with the scientific method and define “Us” as everyone and you’ll probably be a good person.

I think the bigger distinction is between fundamentalists and those who are casual churchgoers for whatever reason. The former are the loudest and most visual and are mostly assholes. The latter can be reasonable and probably have a sizeable portion of "good" people who essentially avoid the bad parts of the church teachings. I grew up hearing them called "Cafeteria Catholics," those who pick and choose what they actually believe, especially when it comes to everyday things that Catholics are officially against but in practice is everywhere, like divorce and birth control. A sizeable majority of those who still claim to be practicing Catholics are okay with divorce and a huge majority practice birth control. Abortion is a closer issue, but still a lot of people who can separate the morality of abortion from whether it should be illegal. Before I left the church entirely, I was of the opinion that abortion was probably morally wrong in most circumstances (I've evolved a lot since then), but always maintained that it's not for the law to make illegal because the issue was more complicated. 

Edited by 'stache

He allegedly also has two children with his fiance. So, if we're being all religiousy and whatnot, I think that's more frowned upon than wearing bikinis. And in the group photo, none of the suits appeared to be too revealing. The only one not shown is the girl taking the picture, but you can briefly see her in one of the vids and the bikini bottoms were normal coverage sized. 

27 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

posts about christians not shaming others 

That's exactly my point though, they shame each other for every fucking little thing that sky daddy says is bad, but don't make examples of shitbirds like this guy. It's a very strong indicator of what they do and don't find distasteful. 

Million years ago I worked for a church-affiliated college. About once a year there'd be a letter in the student newspaper ranting about the "slut" women on campus and how'd they'd dress. The person who wrote the letter would usually be a closeted gay man. Since there was zero chance the slut women were actually tempting the letter-writer, it was just a control-freak moment. This will no doubt surprise all women.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Captainant said:

And your argument is similar to what Babayaga undoubtedly spouted back in the heady days of 9/11: where are the good Muslims? It was lazy, careless talk then as it is now.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I think the bigger distinction is between fundamentalists and those who are casual churchgoers for whatever reason. The former are the loudest and most visual and are mostly assholes. The latter can be reasonable and probably have a sizeable portion of "good" people who essentially avoid the bad parts of the church teachings. I grew up hearing them called "Cafeteria Catholics," those who pick and choose what they actually believe, especially when it comes to everyday things that Catholics are officially against but in practice is everywhere, like divorce and birth control. A sizeable majority of those who still claim to be practicing Catholics are okay with divorce and a huge majority practice birth control. Abortion is a closer issue, but still a lot of people who can separate the morality of abortion from whether it should be illegal. Before I left the church entirely, I was of the opinion that abortion was probably morally wrong in most circumstances (I've evolved a lot since then), but always maintained that it's not for the law to make illegal because the issue was more complicated. 

That’s the thing. Most people who claim to be religious aren’t really all that religious. Most don’t know their own scripture. There are a whole lot of so-called Christians whose understanding of their religion came more from watching The Ten Commandments and A Charlie Brown Christmas than from actually reading their scripture. Maybe they go to church on Sunday. Maybe they just go on the holidays. But how much do they pay attention and what is the preacher actually saying? Is he preaching the teachings of Jesus Christ in the Bible? That we should help the poor and the sick and the hungry? Most American Christians aren’t hearing that message, I know that for sure  

But they are dead certain that every Muslim is a fanatical fundamentalist and not just a casual, relatively disengaged believer just like them. Most religious believers are believers out of habit, convention, history, tradition, and social reasons, not to mention the fear of appearing not to be religious, more than anything else.

Also, the Catholics have a brutal history of torture and burning people at the stake. That’s not to even mention their history of raping children. We’d need a separate thread to discuss all their crimes against humanity since the year 300 CE.

But Catholic girls are easier than Protestant girls so they’ve got that going for them. At least in my experience. 

55 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Amen.

The "judgers" when confronted on the Bible prohibitions say they are "discerning" not judging. Bullshit. They are blaspheming God when they are judging. That's for God to sort out, not imperfect humans.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

And your argument is similar to what Babayaga undoubtedly spouted back in the heady days of 9/11: where are the good Muslims? It was lazy, careless talk then as it is now.

Flying planes into buildings wasn't broadly supported by Muslims. Shaming and exercising every available mechanism to control women is broadly supported by christians. Folks like briskets wife are the exception, and I'm sure they both have plenty of stories of the friction they face because of it