WTF is wrong with people? 16-yo kid outside Houston tries to "roll coal" on cyclists, runs them over instead; walks free

C-Man

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

And people that do it are complete douchebags*

*Exception -- those that roll coal on dickheads who are protesting by blocking streets or highways are gotdamn heroes

Anyone who has modified their truck so they can roll coal is a complete douchebag.  No exceptions..

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

That's exactly why cyclists have zero sympathy outside of cycling communities. I live in the burbs, but one with a heavy cycling community. I have seen cyclists just blow through lights and just expect everyone - cars and pedestrians - to just get out of their way. A little self-awareness would go along way. For example, do you really need to bike during rush hour? When you're holding up rush hour traffic because you're biking when everyone is trying to get to work is no way to win friends and influence people. A little common sense would help the rest of us have more sympathy for the community. For every cyclist upset about coal rolling there are 1,000 people who have been almost run over by one while jogging or crossing the street.

I agree with both of you.  I’m a cyclist, but I’ve seen many shitty riders do the exact things that you are talking about.  

6 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I agree with both of you.  I’m a cyclist, but I’ve seen many shitty riders do the exact things that you are talking about.  

The worst are the strung out lines of cyclists going back hundreds of yards sometimes.  

Vhr5ls6.gif

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Anyone who has modified their truck so they can roll coal is a complete douchebag.  No exceptions..

It's a longer list than just that.  These Fast and the Furious dig bags killed an elderly couple off 423 near Frisco.  They were coming out of the Del Webb community and got t-boned.

2DE3.gif

Although some are great

smSfS-.gif

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Gotta tell ya.....while I may roll through a stop sign in my neighborhood from time to time, I generally don't flat-out blow through stop signs and stop lights, especially in a way that  forces cross traffic to yield to the light/sign runner, yet I see it happen with cyclists all the damned time.

I don't care if a cyclist rolls through a stop sign on a neighborhood ride with nobody coming from any direction.  I care a lot when I'm at a downtown intersection, have a green light, and have to jam on my brakes to avoid killing a cyclist who just blew through a sign/light, or if I saw him coming and realized what he was likely to do, I just stay put and let him blow through it because it's what I expect them to do.  There's a reason that motorists all have these complaints: it's because cyclists do that shit habitually and predictably, and create a regular and predictable hazard.

Again, I don't care if a cyclist or a motorist plays around the margins of the traffic laws.  I care a lot when they give them zero regard and cause me to have to take evasive action to avoid a serious incident.  Cyclists are responsible for an out-sized share of those events.

I happen to cycle from time to time (far less than I should), and asshole cyclists are the worst.  I do not blow through stop signs in my neighborhood.  I will slow and yield because unclipping can be a pain in the ass (and is how I tore my rotator cuff falling while trying to get unclipped at a stop).  Tour de France wannabes on shared paths/trails are also assholes. 

Just like people who don't leash their dogs or pick up after them.  Doesn't mean all dog owners are assholes.

Oh and I drive a BMW, so I guess I'm a douche.

13 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I happen to cycle from time to time (far less than I should), and asshole cyclists are the worst.  I do not blow through stop signs in my neighborhood.  I will slow and yield because unclipping can be a pain in the ass (and is how I tore my rotator cuff falling while trying to get unclipped at a stop).  Tour de France wannabes on shared paths/trails are also assholes. 

Just like people who don't leash their dogs or pick up after them.  Doesn't mean all dog owners are assholes.

Oh and I drive a BMW, so I guess I'm a douche.

"guess?"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

I had to google “rolling coal”. I never knew it was intentional. There should be a stiff fine for that. Loud engines too.

There a huge chunk of our society for whom their ethos is "be a dick to everyone cause fuck em." That's where we've ended up in this world. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

There a huge chunk of our society for whom their ethos is "be a dick to everyone cause fuck em." That's where we've ended up in this world. 

It truly is amazing how those are such sharply dueling ethos (ethi?).

Ethos 1: don't be a dick to other people.  Sure, you'll sometimes fall short, but the rule of "when you have a choice, don't be a dick" should be a pretty good guide.

Ethos 2: Ha-ha, suck it, losers!  Didja see what I did to that guy?  That was AWESOME!

What the everloving psychotic fuck is that shit?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

We call that "human nature" coupled with the brain of a 16yr old kid.  Having a 15yr old boy, they are borderline fucking regarded. 

My guess is when the facts come out the "assault" into the bike scrum was probably him being a dipshit driver and mixing up the peddles or some shit.  Or maybe not?  WHo knows.  Most kill themselves or take a few with them via distracted/drunk driving.  Hence the premiums on teenage male drivers.  

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

im farthest from a green peace sierra club flag waver out there, but if your idea of fun is intentionally dumping a cloud of ash and soot from your tail pipe... honestly you should be wrapped in a burlap sack and have stones thrown at you. 

The only time I've ever wished my diesel truck would roll coal is stopped at a light next to a rolled down window, loud music player.  Would like ease into the correct position and fill the car with smoke.

Ethos 1: don't be a dick to other people.  Sure, you'll sometimes fall short, but the rule of "when you have a choice, don't be a dick" should be a pretty good guide.
Ethos 2: Ha-ha, suck it, losers!  Didja see what I did to that guy?  That was AWESOME!
Ethos is Greek, so ethi would be a false latinization (same as octopi). Greek plurals would be ethe or ethea.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, elfenix said:
48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ethos is Greek, so ethi would be a false latinization (same as octopi). Greek plurals would be ethe or ethea.

the-more-you-know.gif

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:
55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

you can stick it in ur ethea

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/waller-bicyclists-hit-truck-teen-driver-attorney-16496230.php

fucking lawyers man - kids lawyer says he’s an inexperienced driver hahahaha

just spitballing here, but maybe he should have had something like a 1997 honda civic instead of a 5700 lb+ truck with 1000 torques.

Edited by elfenix
past tense of some sort or another
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, elfenix said:
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Tell me you don’t roll coal without telling me you don’t roll coal.

• Haha 5

Oh nice, another thread on shaggy where we take examples of annoying people doing annoying things and extrapolate their behavior onto other people based on the activity they participate in. 🙄 

I will say though that it should be legal to TxTow any smoke-stacked truck blowing clouds of ash on random pedestrians.

• Haha 1

Oh nice, another thread on shaggy where we take examples of annoying people doing annoying things and extrapolate their behavior onto other people based on the activity they participate in.  

I will say though that it should be legal to TxTow any smoke-stacked truck blowing clouds of ash on random pedestrians.

What, suck their dicks and give them drugs?
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Ha, one of the cars is a hybrid but the others are gas hogs. 

just hate assholes that think they are cool revving their engines to make noise to compensate for their small dicks. Especially late at night 

As mentioned, we have  serious problem with the fuck-waffles and their Dodge Charger/Challenger racing bullshit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Waller Co DA is out saying that rolling coal is "at minimum, an assault. That simple assault is easily elevated to a jail eligible offense if bodily injury occurs, which can be caused by entry of toxic particles into mouth, nose and eyes.” Not to mention the physical assault with a deadly weapon.

Also in the reporting is that multiple witnesses were there giving statements to the police - not just one single person as Hornbri has worked so hard to insinuate.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

The worst are the strung out lines of cyclists going back hundreds of yards sometimes.  

Vhr5ls6.gif

It’s also annoying riding in a group like that unless they are all experienced riding in a pack.  So many of these guys watch pro cycling on TV and then try to jump right into a large pack without knowing how to draft safely.  They will domino everyone every now and then.

1 minute ago, Horn Dogg said:

It’s also annoying riding in a group like that unless they are all experienced riding in a pack.  So many of these guys watch pro cycling on TV and then try to jump right into a large pack without knowing how to draft safely.  They will domino everyone every now and then.

Yeah, that shit is scary.  Neighborhood lost a woman who was just riding with a group.  Not sure exactly what happened, but she died in a traffic accident. 

Everyone should do their own thing, but seems like the risk/reward is a little skewed.  The consequences of a mistake are just too high.  

I'll agree with this. I rode for 5 years with my group in NYC. We'd paceline 5-10 at well over 20 for miles but it takes years to get familiar with everyone. Every once in a while some random would try to jump in and we threw them out especially on a tri bike.

25 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

All this bike talk got me pedaling today. Everyone was super chill and cool. 'Cept for the one King Ranch who got spooked and cartwheeled past me into the fireworks warehouse.  

20210929_174235-1-1.jpg

Haha. Lady at work got run over by a cyclist at 3rd and Colorado today, while she was crossing with the light. She's ok, aside from slamming the back of her head on the pavement. 

Edited by Deej