Gary Patterson is a huge fat sweaty gaping pussy

Beau Vine

25 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea that's what I would think logically but to your point we don't have their "Revivalry" perspective.  Patterson to them., well he is a huge fat sweaty gaping pussy who also beat them a lot.  

Well it's a last gasp swing by Aranda to keep his job, really hoping Patterson does to Baylor what he did for us, I guess. 

55 minutes ago, South Austin said:

No way, man.  Shit, we blew a gasket over the notion of hiring someone with the last name Stoops as a position coach.  We were happy to get Patterson on staff, but there's no way in hell Texas would have ever hired Barry fucking Switzer.  

Only Jerry Jones is that tone deaf. Exhibit A:

image.thumb.png.09ad89efdf25d0abc30d5f7deac24460.png

On 7/29/2023 at 12:15 PM, South Austin said:

Dude, this gif is the Texas fan base walking out of the Cotton Bowl for most of this millennium. And you’re a learned doctor of medicinal things and such. Take 49-0 like a man.

Worst part of the Mack days was ou fans voluntarily telling me how things can change on a dime and everything is cyclical.   Grudge fucked a couple of sooner coeds though.  #toothlesshead

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Patterson approached Kwiatkowski about two new zone installs specifically for the UW game. Kwiatkowski wasn't interested in engaging on it. Then Texas went out with it's usual set of calls and defenses and lost a playoff game. That's from a defensive coach on staff. 

I'm guessing Texas had no real interest in bringing Patterson back for anything since Kwiatkowski apparently has it all figured out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Patterson approached Kwiatkowski about two new zone installs specifically for the UW game. Kwiatkowski wasn't interested in engaging on it. Then Texas went out with it's usual set of calls and defenses and lost a playoff game. That's from a defensive coach on staff. 
I'm guessing Texas had no real interest in bringing Patterson back for anything since Kwiatkowski apparently has it all figured out.
I sincerely hope this isn't true. If so then PK needs to go bye bye and Sark offer Gare the job
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I sincerely hope this isn't true. If so the PK needs to go bye bye and Sark offer Gare the job

He wasn't even working for UT last year, right?  Did he call up PK in between music sets to suggest changing up the defense for the playoff?

• Hook 'Em 3

He wasn't even working for UT last year, right?  Did he call up PK in between music sets to suggest changing up the defense for the playoff?
That's why I'm wondering how true this is, (he had a chance to stay as analyst) but if it isn't then that means some disgruntled member of the defensive staff is making up stories.

Or alternately the entire thing is bullshit made up by someone not in the program at all. Not sure how CTJ feels about the source or how removed said source is from anyone who would truly know.

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

He was not on the payroll. He had established relationships on staff and in the admin due his prior tenure. 

1 minute ago, ousux said:

That's why I'm wondering how true this is, (he had a chance to stay as analyst) but if it isn't then that means some disgruntled member of the defensive staff is making up stories.

Or alternately the entire thing is bullshit made up by someone not in the program at all. Not sure how CTJ feels about the source or how removed said source is from anyone who would truly know.

If I had mentioned the opposite, that Kwiatkowski had worked with Patterson against UW and those installs helped Texas come up just short, you'd be swallowing that shit, hook, line and sinker, because that is what you want to hear. 

Your theories are idiotic on this one. The only reason I mention this in the first place is that Patterson has moved on, Kwiatkowski won't have him back, so he'd have to be gone to ever have Patterson back, and the coach/staff member that passed this on is now elsewhere. If it makes you feel better, dismiss it and move on. Sometimes folks don't want to hear how the sausage is made. For anyone thinking that Kwiatkowski is infallible, maybe try watching the games. He's one of the weaker elements to Sarkisian's regime. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

If I had mentioned the opposite, that Kwiatkowski had worked with Patterson against UW and those installs helped Texas come up just short, you'd be swallowing that shit, hook, line and sinker, because that is what you want to hear. 
Your theories are idiotic on this one. The only reason I mention this in the first place is that Patterson has moved on, Kwiatkowski won't have him back, so he'd have to be gone to ever have Patterson back, and the coach/staff member that passed this on is now elsewhere. If it makes you feel better, dismiss it and move on. Sometimes folks don't want to hear how the sausage is made. For anyone thinking that Kwiatkowski is infallible, maybe try watching the games. He's one of the weaker elements to Sarkisian's regime. 
Maybe you missed it, but I'm also the one that thinks PK should go bye bye if he actually turned down Patterson's offer of help before a huge game, especially when Gare clearly had a positive effect on our D when he was here. I'm not one of the "PK is a defensive guru" people.
  • Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

the coach/staff member that passed this on is now elsewhere. If it makes you feel better, dismiss it and move on.

spacer.png

Come on, now. You've been hanging with Blake Gideon again, haven't you?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Well it's a last gasp swing by Aranda to keep his job, really hoping Patterson does to Baylor what he did for us, I guess. 

Here's my perspective from a guy who quit covering the program last July, so info may be out of date. Baylor didn't want to pay Aranda's buyout. That's why he's still there. Not sure this is Aranda's decision, or if he even makes any decisions. Impression I got in 2022 was that he didn't run the program, but the program ran around him. Patterson has a hard on for the Frogs, so he may just want to go to a team they utterly hate and try to screw them over. If Baylor beats TCU and Patterson goes to SMU, he'll be going for the trifecta. 

No clue if he's going to run the program like Barzini ran the mob, but there's an insane leadership void on that team right now, and if Patterson is there every day, he'll get sucked into having to be a leader, whether he wants to or not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s funny- there’s a lot of “weaker elements to Sarkisians regime,” and yet program trajectory looks to be at its absolute apex since what- 2004 after beating Michigan in the rose bowl?

he’s going to squire talent and he’s going to run a really good offense and I guess we just have to cross our fingers and hope he can win 4 post season games in a row (either sec title game and then 3 games in the 12 games with a bye, or no sec title and 4 games from the 5-12 seed line). Think that’s going to be a really big problem if I’m being honest. 

6 hours ago, Atticus said:

Even if that’s unequivocally what happened, we have no idea how the idea would have turned out. 
Interesting dynamic to see GP in Waco…

Even if Napoleon and Hitler hadn't invaded Russia, we have no idea how ware would have turned out.

😬

10 hours ago, South Austin said:

Really?  They should be thrilled to have Patterson on staff with the last couple of seasons they've had, and even moreso at the possibility of him coaching.  I guess that's a matter of perspective, though.  

He better be prepared to suit up….not that he’d help that much.

Maybe you missed it, but I'm also the one that thinks PK should go bye bye if he actually turned down Patterson's offer of help before a huge game, especially when Gare clearly had a positive effect on our D when he was here. I'm not one of the "PK is a defensive guru" people.

Why do you call him Gare instead of Gary? Easier to type since it has fewer letters?

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

Why do you call him Gare instead of Gary? Easier to type since it has fewer letters?

It's just a joke, lots of people who know a Gary refer to them as "Gare" for whatever reason.

18 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s funny- there’s a lot of “weaker elements to Sarkisians regime,” and yet program trajectory looks to be at its absolute apex since what- 2004 after beating Michigan in the rose bowl?

Pretty sure our program apex was roughly 1 year after we beat Michigan in the rose bowl in '04, and we haven't surpassed it yet.

7 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Pretty sure our program apex was roughly 1 year after we beat Michigan in the rose bowl in '04, and we haven't surpassed it yet.

I said trajectory dude.  VY announced he was gone- what did that do to program trajectory (percieved) on the day he left.  

Put another way- we are going to enter the season ranked #2, probably, in the preseason poll with the idea we have answer at all the skill positions for 3 years at least. You couldn't say that a week after winning the national title.  Trajectory is a forward looking thing- you are looking backward.  

31 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I said trajectory dude.  VY announced he was gone- what did that do to program trajectory (percieved) on the day he left.  

Put another way- we are going to enter the season ranked #2, probably, in the preseason poll with the idea we have answer at all the skill positions for 3 years at least. You couldn't say that a week after winning the national title.  Trajectory is a forward looking thing- you are looking backward.  

I think Texas opens in the 3 or 4 spot. Ohio State is getting a ton of hype for a team that finished the season on a two game losing streak, lost plenty of help including a gamechanging WR, presents a mediocre OL, and will have Will Howard panicking in the pocket as QB1 all season. So I assume Georgia, OSU, then Texas or some other blue blood that suddenly gets a ton of hype.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think Texas opens in the 3 or 4 spot. Ohio State is getting a ton of hype for a team that finished the season on a two game losing streak, lost plenty of help including a gamechanging WR, presents a mediocre OL, and will have Will Howard panicking in the pocket as QB1 all season. So I assume Georgia, OSU, then Texas or some other blue blood that suddenly gets a ton of hype.

Maybe 3.  That doesn't change the fact that I felt better on January 2, 2005 about the upcoming season than I did on January 2, 2006 about the upcoming season and I feel better today about the upcoming season than I did in the winter of 2006 after winning it all. I got well actually'd and when that happens I need the person to actually be correct and me wrong or I push back.

I think OSU over Texas is a stupid and terrible idea, but whatever- you are probably right it might well happen.  Oregon over us would be legit dumb.  I think Texas has the best roster in CFB going into the 2024 season (and we fuck Georgia's shit up in Austin as a bonus prediction), especially if something interesting shakes loose on the interior DL like you've basically promised us was going to happen (I know- you didn't- I'm putting words in your mouth and wish casting a bit). 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Maybe 3.  That doesn't change the fact that I felt better on January 2, 2005 about the upcoming season than I did on January 2, 2006 about the upcoming season and I feel better today about the upcoming season than I did in the winter of 2006 after winning it all. I got well actually'd and when that happens I need the person to actually be correct and me wrong or I push back.

I think OSU over Texas is a stupid and terrible idea, but whatever- you are probably right it might well happen.  Oregon over us would be legit dumb.  I think Texas has the best roster in CFB going into the 2024 season (and we fuck Georgia's shit up in Austin as a bonus prediction), especially if something interesting shakes loose on the interior DL like you've basically promised us was going to happen (I know- you didn't- I'm putting words in your mouth and wish casting a bit). 

IMG-8283.jpg

… Texas hadn’t finished the season on January 2, 2006. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/8/2024 at 1:56 PM, closetojumping said:

PK is exactly why I really would not be surprised if we take a step backwards next year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

3 is good.  3 is the number of QB1.  3 is the number of the Trinity.  Time to punish the evildoers.  The crimson harlot has been slayed; Cerberus is next.  After that, we will be the millstone to kill the pedo Day.

IMG_7914.gif

PK is exactly why I really would not be surprised if we take a step backwards next year. 

Based on what?

There’s been considerable discussion about the secondary coaches not being his selections and also dissatisfaction with those guys. Obviously, there’s an attempt to upgrade the secondary as they let two former starters walk. Those seem to be indicators a bit beyond his control.

At least one metric of performance had our defense ranked higher than the offense ( DFEI-7th/OFEI-17th). We played 4 top 10 offenses, 1 top 10 defense. UW was 6th in offense, 26th in defense.

Critique of the Sugar Bowl leans heavily towards the D but the offense is at least equally at fault. Not only do the stats say the UW offense is clearly more effective than their defense, but the NFL mocks/scouting reports are indicating that as well. 5 offensive guys in the top 75 or so and 1 defensive guy. A 6th offensive guy is anywhere from a 3rd to 6th round projection.

And the flip side is that we have 3 top 45 or so pass catchers, the banged up top RB (didn’t even start our first game) against our two DTs.

You’d be hard pressed to find any Texas opponent ever with a 3 deep WR corp, a QB, and pass protecting Tackles drafted as high as this group. These aren’t freshmen projecting greatness in the future. They’ve done it. Unfortunately Penix was on and it didn’t matter that our strength was Sweat/Murphy.

There’s no reason for us to fall off. The offense should be able to bury some teams. They only did that to OSU this year. If the offensive line is to maul guys, next year is it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Unfortunately Penix was on and it didn’t matter that our strength was Sweat/Murphy.

We didn't pressure Penix at all. You would expect a QB of his experience and caliber to be on with virtually no pressure and weak secondary defending the pass catchers.

We didn't pressure Penix at all. You would expect a QB of his experience and caliber to be on with virtually no pressure and weak secondary defending the pass catchers.

We probably had more pressure than they did against us, but Penix made several guys miss. There are numbers that support this. Michigan had 23 pressures on 53 dropbacks. We had 20 on 39 dropbacks. Burke and Murphy missed.

Penix was 10-13 (77%) beyond 10 yards. Pressure or not that’s a very high rate. Very late in the season QE had the highest completion % in the country on intermediate routes (10-19 yards). He was at 71%. For a full season, you’d be hard pressed to find many QBs that hit 60% beyond 10 yards. QE was 58%. Your Heisman winner was at 63% at that range because he was incredible at the deep ball. Caleb W 55%. Drake M 51%.
  • Hook 'Em 2