World’s Most Hated Fast Food Chains

atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

The last time I ate at a TB (couple years ago), you could still get it -- it was just off the menu.

It's been a good 6-8 years since I've had one, and I ordered it off menu for several years prior to that. They originally replaced it with an inferior "smothered burrito" which was quickly shitcanned from the lineup.

Really wish TB would do a Greatest Hits menu with the Enchirito, Mexican Pizza, Pintos & Cheese, etc.

fKK098qv2NHWBteFwqm4m52zxnRwZOKuohLJUrP2

Edited by smuggs
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Those are the encheritos I remember as a kid with the olives. They were delicious. The closest TB to my house does not sell them any one on or off menu. I don’t go to Taco Bell anymore. I could not care any less about whether their food is a taco or a sandwich.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Capt. Squints said:

I hate to break the news to you, but that Chinese (improper nomenclature) chicken was likely uh, you know, like something else.

Naw, it was chicken. You know it because you can buy live ones to bring home and cook yourself. Same with pig.

It's the beef you gotta worry about there.

Edited by Rimbo

On 9/29/2021 at 6:34 PM, Carl Spackler said:

I'm hard-pressed to think of a fast food franchise that has fallen as far as Arby's.  It used to be terrific.  Now?  To say it's a pale shadow of its former self would be an insult to pale shadows -- that's how shitty Arby's is now compared to what it used to be.

Long John Silver’s

On 9/29/2021 at 6:34 PM, Carl Spackler said:

I'm hard-pressed to think of a fast food franchise that has fallen as far as Arby's.  It used to be terrific.  Now?  To say it's a pale shadow of its former self would be an insult to pale shadows -- that's how shitty Arby's is now compared to what it used to be.

Long John Silver’s

I disagree.  Those little nuggets of crunchy batter that were left behind in the box??? And who doesn't love fried fish with vinegar on it? 

Arby's has always been pretty gross to me.  They used to have a sandwich called the "triple cheese melt" and it was pretty good with some Arby's sauce all over it, but I could go the rest of my life without eating at an Arby's. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I guess I didn't realize we hate dominos.  To me it's just a cheap pizza place.  I've never had an issue.  Is this food quality thing or are they notoriously bad at something I'm not aware of?  I'd roll with dominos over Arby's, Jack in the Box, or Taco Bell.

Same. Domino’s isn’t even the worst fast food pizza place. Pizza Hut is turrible.

The last Arby's in Austin (I think) down by Central Market Westgate.  It closed down about a year ago and they gutted the inside.  Drove by the other day and couldn't really see inside but the outside is being repainted/refreshed to look like a new Arby's.  I haz confused.   I don't get the appeal of Arby's, but I don't get the hate either.  

I liked LJS as a kid, but I don't know those things survive in this day and age.  Whatever broker sold them and A&W to lease that spot down on Ben White should be salesman of the decade.  A&W is trying to sling burgers literally right between a What-a-Burger and an always packed Dan's.  And if it's a garbage burger you crave instead of a delicious one, there's a Jack-in-the-Box right across the underpass.  

I don't hate Taco Cabana, but they have fallen so far in just a few years, I'd put them on par with Taco Bell now in terms of quality.  

I still hate Raising Cane's.  They moved in near us and got all their permits fast-tracked because of all this "community engagement" they promised to do.  It was gonna be this hub for families in the area, they were gonna sponsor all this shit, donate all this money to our school foundation, etc.  They haven't done shit for the past 5 years or so, and I know why.  They thought their renegade chicken tenders would bring in SUV after SUV of families on the weekends and after weeknight sports.  I drive by there several times a week during both lunch and dinner hours.  The property manager of that whole strip center is an old friend of mine.  The only people eating there are tradesmen and laborers from the area.  Which is fine by them, I'm told that store makes their payments on time and even re-upped their lease.  I've never heard of one family I know in the area going there for lunch or dinner.  So Cane's figured, no reason to engage this neighborhood or schools or sports teams because they guys eating here don't give a shit about that.  Plus their food fucking blows.  /rant

Other than their tacos, Jack in the Box is awful.  I eat their tacos about once every 10 years and it's always the most random scenario that leads me to eating them.  The last time I can remember having them was about 8 or 9 years ago when this guy who worked for our trucking company brought a bag of them.  He was maybe 5'10" and weighed about 500 pounds.  He had a whole bag of them and offered me a couple when I was fixing his laptop.  They were delicious.  /no homo

Edited by Hate

Other than their tacos, Jack in the Box is awful.  I eat their tacos about once every 10 years and it's always the most random scenario that leads me to eating them.  The last time I can remember having them was about 8 or 9 years ago when this guy who worked for our trucking company brought a bag of them.  He was maybe 5'10" and weighed about 500 pounds.  He had a whole bag of them and offered me a couple when I was fixing his laptop.  They were delicious.  /no homo

Several years ago, on a family road trip in California, JITB was the only pace we could grab a quick drive through breakfast. Their sourdough breakfast sammich was actually pretty good. But…ummm….I haven’t eaten anything else there for years. The boy does love their cheap tacos.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:28 PM, Hate said:

I totally get the Taco Bell hate.  Their menu looks absolutely nothing like the menu I grew up with.  Bring back the encherito damnit!

Bring back the Beefy Tostada. I’d throw away the little black olive slice that topped it but other than that it was awesome. 

Bring back the encherito damnit!

this is what they invented taco casa for. 

Taco Casa Chilada slams like the old enchirito

"Chilada. (480 cal.) A steamed flour tortilla filled with 100% ground beef and refried beans, smothered in our mild red sauce and topped with real cheddar cheese and black olives."
  • Like 1

I don’t think a lot of y’all have been to Arby’s in the last few years?  I think the quality has gone way up since ownership changed a few years ago.  The angus three cheese and bacon is really good with the sauces of course and their turkey they use on wraps and sandwiches is much better quality then most sandwich places.  I was surprised when I tried it after years of not going. 

Edited by Hook1997

On 9/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, smuggs said:

It's been a good 6-8 years since I've had one, and I ordered it off menu for several years prior to that. They originally replaced it with an inferior "smothered burrito" which was quickly shitcanned from the lineup.

Really wish TB would do a Greatest Hits menu with the Enchirito, Mexican Pizza, Pintos & Cheese, etc.

fKK098qv2NHWBteFwqm4m52zxnRwZOKuohLJUrP2

If you're jonesing for one of these...and I am...

Go to Taco Casa and get a Chilada...

taco-casa-29-1-1500x1125.jpg

In fact...I think a some of the items that used to be on the original TB menu are still on the Taco Casa menu...

You want Pintos and Cheese?  Order the Frijoles.

I mentioned the Chilada.

BTW, the Chili Burger is REALLY good.

Edited by Ag with kids
  • Hook 'Em 1

Never eaten at a Taco Bell never will... Well, that's mostly true. In HS me, and a couple buds went in a Taco Bell, and I ordered a burrito. The guy behind the counter stated ladling out this greenish brown goop into a wrap. I asked what that was, he said it's your burrito chief.

I said No bueno, and walked out... Never been back.

Never eaten at a Taco Bell never will... Well, that's mostly true. In HS me, and a couple buds went in a Taco Bell, and I ordered a burrito. The guy behind the counter stated ladling out this greenish brown goop into a wrap. I asked what that was, he said it's your burrito chief.
I said No bueno, and walked out... Never been back.

giphy.gif

Bullshit. I’ll have some TB this weekend in your honor then