[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Just now, Irish Wrist Watch said:

This team seems capable of learning. I'm not as optimistic as I was yesterday about OU, but I still think we'll win it.

Riley is gonna do way better at isolating our deficiencies on D.   given the TO's this should have been a 20 to 25 point blowout cruise win.  

I'm still in show me mode with Sark. we took a step back on O today with Casey, WR and OL.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

A game on the road where we never really established any momentum, struggled in the red zone, turned the ball over, dropped probably 1/3 of our passes and overshot another 3rd, had ridiculously one sided officiating...

And won.

The fact that it's tcu makes it that much better.

Really hard game to watch, but to play like shit and still win is saying something. It has been a long time since we've done that.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Played like absolute shit except for one player, refs fucked us multiple times, still won. 

And an absolute ton of material for the coaches to get on their asses in OU prep. 

Sark playing Chess not Checkers… he knew what he was doing before the OU Game 

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

We played this same game last year. Instead of scoring to go up double digits we let them stay in it then Herman gives it to Ingram at the goal line and he fumbles and we lose. 

yep. and with the ref buttfucking(and some of our own player stupidity) it was deja vu all over again.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm still in show me mode with Sark. we took a step back on O today with Casey, WR and OL.  

He now has the best opening record since Akers. With wins against Tech and @TCU already. 

Most of our issues remain roster related. That will get shored up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Riley is gonna do way better at isolating our deficiencies on D.   given the TO's this should have been a 20 to 25 point blowout cruise win.  

Left side of the OL looked terrible and Casey looked like the practice report Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

If that's Casey's bad game, I'll take it.  Glad he got it out of his system before blOwU.

Exactly, things had almost been too good since he stepped into the Alamo Bowl.  It's not always going to be that way (it wasn't even for the great VY) so better to take some adversity, play a bit crappy and win against TCU and have something to keep you focused vs rolling into the Cotton Bowl and having your dick knocked in the dirt for the first time.  

• Hook 'Em 1