Fuck the Police!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernard

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2023/12/26/police-speeding-traffic-tickets-revenue-civil-rights/71970613007/

It's a trap! Small towns across US use traffic tickets to collect big money from drivers.

In one Ohio village of about 500 people, police wrote 8,900 speeding tickets in only five months.

17 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Never forget that the largest, best-funded criminal gang in the United States has consistent gang colors and paraphernalia, including shiny badges, blue uniforms, and cars that say "POLICE" on the side.  Be very careful when you see a gang member displaying any of these items, as they regularly victimize, beat, kill, and rob members of the public.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

yeah Steve Lehto and the Institute for Justice have been all over this increase in civil assett forfeiture trend of the last 9 years or so.

There are now literally thousands of ducmented cases where cops just walk up to someone, ask if they are carrying any cash, and if the person responds, and has like anything more than $500 on them, the police/feds/DEA just confiscate it, and claim that the cash was obtained illegally. 

these folks were never convicted of a crime, hell 95+% of the time they were never even CHARGED with a crime, but the cops say anyone with that much cash (again we arent talking about mega bankrolls here) must be doing something illegal because as the cops say:

"since 2010 there is never any reason anyone should have more than $100 cash on them unless they are a crook"*

*thats them saying that. not me saying that.

and because the only way to get the seized money back is to get a lawyer and sue the government for it back, by the time you pay your lawyer fees, you are out $20k to win back $500  , 1,000, even 5,000

its not worth trying to fight that at that point and the cops know it.  99% of the confiscated money is "surrendered" after....   its a huge money grab by law enforcement

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

these folks were never convicted of a crime, hell 95+% of the time they were never even CHARGED with a crime, but the cops say anyone with that much cash (again we arent talking about mega bankrolls here) must be doing something illegal because as the cops say:

"since 2010 there is never any reason anyone should have more than $100 cash on them unless they are a crook"*

Have you ever had to rent a motel room in BFE when the credit card machine is down? I keep $200 stashed in my wallet because I have. Used to be $100 but prices have gone up.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Have you ever had to rent a motel room in BFE when the credit card machine is down? I keep $200 stashed in my wallet because I have. Used to be $100 but prices have gone up.

that astrix is there for a reason. 

and thats literally the police stance.   

there are all kinds of stories about it. the most ridic one was a trucking company owner who travelled intra-state to buy a truck at auction and brought almost $40k with him... police insisted he was buying drugs and told him he would either sign over the money, or be arrested and then they would take the money anyway

On 12/21/2023 at 8:26 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Two drop off lanes at my daughter's school. After drop off, both lanes T into another road, the right lane has to turn right, the left lane has to turn left. Probably 1 out of every three days, some cop parks in the right lane just past the drop off point, gets out and chit chats with the school employees who direct traffic and kids at the drop off point. This forces people dropping off in the right lane to have to merge into the left after the drop off, which causes traffic to back up. 

This cop could literally park 20 feet away in an actual parking spot and not block any traffic. 

Infuriating. 

I mean, I'm glad a cop is there. Helps prevent assholes being assholes in the drop off area, make everyone feel safe (although after Uvalde maybe not so much). But goddamn, there are a hundred other places the cop could park that wouldn't cause a traffic jam. Of course then the cop would have to walk 20 feet. 

I realize compared to shooting and lying and drunk driving and crashing into night clubs, its not a big deal, but it shows the entitlement and lack of giving a fuck. 

Has no one told him to move his fucking car?   What's white privilege for if you don't use it?  Some honky needs to step up.

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2023 at 8:26 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Two drop off lanes at my daughter's school. After drop off, both lanes T into another road, the right lane has to turn right, the left lane has to turn left. Probably 1 out of every three days, some cop parks in the right lane just past the drop off point, gets out and chit chats with the school employees who direct traffic and kids at the drop off point. This forces people dropping off in the right lane to have to merge into the left after the drop off, which causes traffic to back up. 

This cop could literally park 20 feet away in an actual parking spot and not block any traffic. 

Infuriating. 

I mean, I'm glad a cop is there. Helps prevent assholes being assholes in the drop off area, make everyone feel safe (although after Uvalde maybe not so much). But goddamn, there are a hundred other places the cop could park that wouldn't cause a traffic jam. Of course then the cop would have to walk 20 feet. 

I realize compared to shooting and lying and drunk driving and crashing into night clubs, its not a big deal, but it shows the entitlement and lack of giving a fuck. 

Get video with timestamp of him doing it. The more instances the better, you are building a case. After you have a dozen or so documented instances then get in touch with one of these youtube lawyers that love to trash cops. You can't stop the cop. But the cop can't stop the internet.

Edited by RPM

On 12/21/2023 at 7:43 PM, Thatguy said:

This post is going to be tough to keep out of CR but I will try.

When I say the police built this here is what I mean. Policing was always bad. Policing, at least the way we know it, was created to keep immigrants and slaves "in their place". Then it was used to help fuel the second wave of slavery(peonage) as well as Jim Crowe. In the late 60's they used it for "the war on drugs", or in other words to attack blacks and hippies. That ideology was the focus all the way up until recent years. Now that EVERYONE has a camera you are seeing what the police are. This isn't a "few bad apples", this is what they have always been. If anything they've lifted their foot off the gas pedal in recent years. This is the teachings you get as a black person by anyone older than you. Its in the SOP handbook you get as a child.

Now as far as the POS criminals I want you to think about this. Around 1940 we had roughly 264k people in prisons across the US. Thirty years later, when we started the "War on Drugs", we hadn't even increased that number 100k, as it was at 328k in 1970. Over the next 30-32 years the prison population ballooned to 2 million, six times what it was 30 years prior. I said that to say this. You put people in prison in subhuman conditions where they have to act like animals to survive, what do you think happens when they return home?

So what you see in the poor communities after mass incarceration is a direct result of these policies. People who went away as non violent drug offenders come back cold hearted and violent. Think about it. When did the LA street gangs start? Late 60's early 70's. They weren't quite violent yet. They reached their peak around 1990, following to the letter the timeline of The War on Drugs and Mass Incarceration. As more of them got arrested and came home the gangs became more and more violent.

Poor communities weren't like this in the past. This is a direct result of how we are policing them. Heavily criminalizing drugs. Putting people behind bars. Stigmatizing people who have made mistakes in the past. Thus no hope=repeat offenders. Think about what society was like pre mass incarceration and think about it now. Policing policies built this. The chickens have come home to roost.

Bravo! 

• Haha 1

Be nice.

Remember…this is not just what cops do…it is what they ARE. Fascists who have contempt for you simply because you dare breathe the same air as their sacred, bagdge-wearing selves. You’re lucky they let you live, peon.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

this is america GIF

I have never had a good experience with a cop. I am not going to repeat the whole story, but after being assaulted by a cop as a 16 year old child for a bullshit traffic violation, I can soundly say fuck the police. Only good cop is a dead fucking cop. They are all complicit in this shit. Fuck them all.

Edited by HOOKEM4
Fuck the police
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Thank god there was a cop right there when that one guy started assaulting the other guy, and she was able to heroically save the day! Wait…what’s that? She stood back and let it happen because the crime was being committed by a fellow cop? Ok, that checks out. Same as it ever was.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey remember that gay bar that a cop plowed into while "dodging a dog" that was not there? The city is now threatening to condemn the building because of damage done to it by the cops

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/city-st-louis-may-condemn-gay-bar-after-police-cruiser-crashed/63-fc164cc8-158a-4f22-9656-7cdf66d575af

And of course the police din do nufin wrong

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, CleverNickname said:

Random observation: I think cops tjat have heavily tatted up arms (and neck) is a bad look. Makes em look like a gang. Greatly reduces my trust, just right off the bat.

Well, they are a gang, so...

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/six-arrested-including-current-and-former-massachusetts-state-police-troopers-as-part-of-bribery-conspiracy-scheme/3262738/?a

Current, ex-Mass. State Police troopers among 6 arrested in bribery conspiracy scheme

The 74-count indictment alleges a scheme in which drivers who didn't take the commercial driver's license test in part or in full or failed it were allowed to pass anyway in exchange for goods or services

• 2 weeks later...

From the comments:

"Dude, it was just an acorn."

"That's nuts!"

Seriously, though, both the deputy and the sergeant emptied their clips into the police vehicle, which apparently had a person inside it. By some miracle, that person was uninjured.

No biggie. Dipshit will just move on to some other LE agency.

7 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Let me guess, they did their own investigation and found both officers did nothing wrong? 

The first cop was found to have acted unreasonably...he was allowed to resign.  Chances that he is now working as a LEO at another agency?  579% chance.

The second cop, who unloaded her weapon into a car with an unarmed suspect inside, with no verification that there was actually any incoming fire?  Exonerated.

Nothing about the discharge of both of their weapons is defensible.  Not a single element.  Not a fragment of a single element.  Yet at least one of them -- and probably both of them -- are carrying a weapon with a badge even today.  Hope y'all feel safe out there!

I have parked under some serious shade trees to take a call or return a text or whatever.  And I dunno if it's my truck's roof or what, but sometimes the sound of some acorns hitting it is actually somewhat startling.  And I've even had a weapon on my person/vehicle during such parking jobs.  I'm not saying I'm exactly 'Cool as a Cucumber', but yeah---just indiscriminately emptying a SECOND FUCKING MAGAZINE blindly into the ether seems like a tad much. 

I mean, he's got the combat lingo, the barrel roll, the reloading swiftness, etc.  All that down stone cold, we get it.  But maybe spend another 4 hours on an online threat evaluation training module or something.  No offense to the hearing impaired, but if you can't discern from which direction a solitary gun is firing...you shouldn't be in law enforcement.  Now in combat, where it's coming from multiple directions...I get the confusion.  But if you don't understand how sounds work when they're falling down from the sky as opposed to coming at you/away from you...maybe look into another career like selling  reverb equipment to music departments or some shit.  But you'd probably choke.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The first cop was found to have acted unreasonably...he was allowed to resign.  Chances that he is now working as a LEO at another agency?  579% chance.

The second cop, who unloaded her weapon into a car with an unarmed suspect inside, with no verification that there was actually any incoming fire?  Exonerated.

Nothing about the discharge of both of their weapons is defensible.  Not a single element.  Not a fragment of a single element.  Yet at least one of them -- and probably both of them -- are carrying a weapon with a badge even today.  Hope y'all feel safe out there!

What the fuck were they even shooting at?

48 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

What the fuck were they even shooting at?

That’s the craziest thing about the video to me. They just start shooting indiscriminately in a neighborhood with people out and about. They don’t even take a second to positively identify a threat before they start unloading their weapons.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, royiv said:

That’s the craziest thing about the video to me. They just start shooting indiscriminately in a neighborhood with people out and about. They don’t even take a second to positively identify a threat before they start unloading their weapons.

Bingo.  Like I said, not a single element of their response was worth a shit.  They fucking unloaded their weapons at.....what?  They never even identified an actual target.  Just.....shoot....a lot.  That seems to be what counts for good police work these days.

33 minutes ago, royiv said:

I literally thought it was one of those first person shooter video games when I started watching.  Everything that guy did was non-sensical.