House of the Dragon

crash_davis

20 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

It’s definitely mediocre relative to what it could be. Alicent is a really weird character. I can buy her turn if she wants her son to be on the throne. Which she should. Daemon by far my favorite character with the best actor combo. 

I don’t think it’s so much that she wants her son to rule as it is she doesn’t want her son to die. Like her dad said, Rhanera will kill the kid to quell a rebellion, so there’s not a lot of options. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Ser Cristen should be dead but the Alicent will use him. He'll become a mercenary known as "The Queen Fucker."

Also disappointed to find out the actress who plays Alicent is on the other team as it makes my quest a bit more difficult.

A bit more difficult? How does one go from impossible to more impossible?

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t think it’s so much that she wants her son to rule as it is she doesn’t want her son to die. Like her dad said, Rhanera will kill the kid to quell a rebellion, so there’s not a lot of options. 

Agree.   It took a while and she was naive to quite a bit. The two incidents in this episode opened her eyes though.  She 1) realized her friend and her husband are NOT on her “team” with the lie about the sex (doesn’t matter who it was with), they will both does what is best for Rhanera even if it hurts her 2) her dad was the only one that had her back and 3) her kids are going to die if she doesn’t protect them. And #3 will turn any parent in to a cold blooded murder if necessary. 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Haphap said:

someone did and he got smacked and thrown several feet away.  Nobody dare stop someone who is in full armour

His back and neck was exposed for a rear naked choke.  If only any of them westerosi had bothered to cross the narrow sea and learn braavosian jiu jitsu

• Haha 3

On 9/19/2022 at 11:59 AM, bschoolprof said:

Also, the youtube algo has been showing me scenes from GOT, and there's a scene with Joffrey and Margery that is a major spoiler for this show. King turd is recounting some of the history of Westeros. I had no idea at the time and didn't really pay much attention to those details because I didn't now who those historical characters were.  Anyway, thanks youtube.  

The wife (no pics) is re-watching GOT and I'm catching episodes here and there.  There is another spoiler when Stannis is talking to his daughter prior to taking here out for barbecue.   

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

The wife (no pics) is re-watching GOT and I'm catching episodes here and there.  There is another spoiler when Stannis is talking to his daughter prior to taking here out for barbecue.   

I guess the good news is you’ve made it through the dragging on that was season 5 and into the front half of 6. 

20 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

In case it wasn't answered, Balerion died and dragon riders don't usually ride a new dragon when theirs die.  And if they do, it sure wouldn't be a pussy like King V who does it.  

Targs don't stop riding dragons because they grow old and sick.

They grow old and sick because they stop riding dragons.

Edited by jeevsie
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jeevsie said:

Targs don't stop riding dragons because they grow old and sick.

They grow old and sick because they stop riding dragons.

I don't remember seeing that in the show, but I remember reading it somewhere.  You may have violated the sanctity of this thread and we have to kill you now.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/20/2022 at 9:31 AM, Porterhouse said:

It’s definitely mediocre relative to what it could be. Alicent is a really weird character. I can buy her turn if she wants her son to be on the throne. Which she should. Daemon by far my favorite character with the best actor combo. 

The scene with Rhea Royce was classic GoT.

She's non-stop talking shit to him, even hitting below the belt in more ways than one, so Daemon gets her horse to rear up and crush her.  She still can't shut up.  He was going to walk away and leave her paralyzed, but one last smart ass remark and he decides that she "died" when thrown from her horse.

Loved it.

And I absolutely loved Daemon smacking Ser Gerald down when he thought he'd get in Daemon's face a little bit.  I actually think it would be much more fun of a life to be a second-born prince versus having to be the king.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

The scene with Rhea Royce was classic GoT.

She's non-stop talking shit to him, even hitting below the belt in more ways than one, so Daemon gets her horse to rear up and crush her.  She still can't shut up.  He was going to walk away and leave her paralyzed, but one last smart ass remark and he decides that she "died" when thrown from her horse.

Loved it.

And I absolutely loved Daemon smacking Ser Gerald down when he thought he'd get in Daemon's face a little bit.  I actually think it would be much more fun of a life to be a second-born prince versus having to be the king.

She puts off the same vibe as Theon's sister.  The wedding scene was both intense and hilarious.

There seems to be a lot of tolerance for killing people around the royals. Some kid guts a loudmouth and people walk off with no fucks given. A member of the Kings Guard beats a guest during the dance and nobody intervenes. Visery just sighs at all the shit that goes down.

On 9/19/2022 at 11:45 AM, CurlyDumps said:

The green dress late entrance shit just landed with a thud. I laughed when they cut to the two explainer dudes telling why the scene is supposed to be dramatic. Ooooh, green dress. Okay, got it.

I didn't mind the entrance on its own.  But we didn't need the "explainer dudes".  They need to stop trying to dumb it down for  idiots that need hand holding or do it in a more subtle way than literally explaining it.  And echo what someone else said, the gimpy guy trying to start trouble is terrible/cliche casting and acting.   Both of those scenes with him are by far my biggest critiques so far. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

how many thousands of years are there between HOD and GOT?  sure seems like clothing fashion and technology did not advance much in the meantime.

royce was hotter than credit given by daemon.

8abcc833d20a8a3c8f833537e831fa4b5f622183

but i remain of the mind that alicent probably would have been the one to pull one over on me the way she did the king.

emily-carey-cutout-dress-house---dragon-

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

how many thousands of years are there between HOD and GOT?  sure seems like clothing fashion and technology did not advance much in the meantime.

but i remain of the mind that alicent probably would have been the one to pull one over on me the way she did the king.

I'm a little fuzzy headed this morning, being under the weather, but your question is a joke, right?  

2 hours ago, sidis said:

I laugh at those that are bitching  because Royce was an awesome character they wasted even though she had 4 lines and died like a dumbass. 

Is Alicent a deity?

Blog Fist GIF

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

holy shit, who thought it would be a good idea to write/act this show like this? "There are certain details i wish clarified before the princess and i could accept this most...generous proposal." ugh. again, that WB, CBS, high school play level writing and acting. a far cry from GoT. 

I've got no problem with your dislike of the stuff you mention.

I'm honestly curious why you continue to watch this show.

26 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I've got no problem with your dislike of the stuff you mention.

I'm honestly curious why you continue to watch this show.

because it's episode 5. if i quit watching every show that i didn't like after five episodes then i'd have missed out on some really good stuff. 

23 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

It would be so much simpler if Derka just used this gif instead of writing his critiques in this forum.

hated-it-hate.gif

i could say the same thing about the 17 people who always have to comment on my takes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8abcc833d20a8a3c8f833537e831fa4b5f622183.gifv
emily-carey-cutout-dress-house---dragon-premiere.jpg

172 years between them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2