Well, bye, Jon Gruden

Deej

He had no chance after this batch of emails. I know a few guys in the raiders organization /csb and they would run through a fucking wall for him but how fucking stupid do you have to be to send that shit on your work email?   Christ, telegram was invented for a reason. 

I’m glad he’s gone. He’s a fraud of a coach and a shit of a person. Hopefully, they can find a real coach. None of the Gruden stuff is surprising to me. He’s always seemed like a hateful fuck to me. Never got his schtick, like when he was an analyst the smile never reached his eyes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m glad he’s gone. He’s a fraud of a coach and a shit of a person. Hopefully, they can find a real coach. None of the Gruden stuff is surprising to me. He’s always seemed like a hateful fuck to me. Never got his schtick, like when he was an analyst the smile never reached his eyes. 

I didn't know Gruden is an aggy!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Sucks for him in todays times. I’m sure I have said derogatory things 15 years ago in passing and yet today I have kids of all races spend the night a few Weekends a month. And I am sure their parents in the last 15 years have said that about white kids as well. Yet here we are. The kids all love each other and have fun together.

Jesus Christ dude.  I just wanna point out to anyone that may be reading this in the future…I am not friends with markstanco.  

Also I supported NowThis during his time here, which was all too brief.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don’t feel bad for him, I just think we’ve gotten carried away with this stuff. This should be between Gruden, his owner, and his players. 

Well he was stupid enough to bring Godell, his “ultimate” boss, into it. He deserves whatever he gets. He’ll make plenty of money anyway now going on barstool & Nelk podcasts, because people are morons.  

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 1

Texags makes me sad:
93MarineHorn 1:44p     
Quote: Gruden addressed the players in a Friday morning meeting, letting them know that an article was coming out in The Wall Street Journal reporting that he, then working for ESPN as the lead analyst on Monday Night Football, had emailed then-Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen and said NFL Players Association president DeMaurice Smith, who is Black, had "lips the size of michellin tires" in 2011. Gruden also made a vulgar comment about NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
This isn't racist. Some people have enormous lips. Many of those people are black. Pointing out someone's enormous lips, nose or whatever may be insensitive, but it is not racist. What, are we all supposed to pretend someone doesn't have enormous lips? To acknowledge it somehow makes you racist?
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3238190

Texags never disappoints. Or always does. At the same time
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

Well he was stupid enough to bring Godell, his “ultimate” boss, into it. He deserves whatever he gets. He’ll make plenty of money anyway now going on barstool & Nelk podcasts, because people are morons.  

You really think money is what motivates him?

He left a cushy announcer gig to rebuild the raiders working for a complete buffoon

5 hours ago, Satchel said:

Texags makes me sad:

Quote:
Gruden addressed the players in a Friday morning meeting, letting them know that an article was coming out in The Wall Street Journal reporting that he, then working for ESPN as the lead analyst on Monday Night Football, had emailed then-Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen and said NFL Players Association president DeMaurice Smith, who is Black, had "lips the size of michellin tires" in 2011. Gruden also made a vulgar comment about NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

This isn't racist. Some people have enormous lips. Many of those people are black. Pointing out someone's enormous lips, nose or whatever may be insensitive, but it is not racist. What, are we all supposed to pretend someone doesn't have enormous lips? To acknowledge it somehow makes you racist?

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3238190

Would be a shame if this reached all of aggy’s Black recruits…

GIF by Entertainment Tonight

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Modessit said:

So - 10 years ago (when Obama was President) whomever received those racist emails didn't think there was anything wrong with it - and that's okay? But all of a sudden 10 years later it's a big deal what Gruden said but not the non-reaction of who he said it to? That should be just as important.

If you send a bunch of bigoted emails to a company, and then later that company hires you (or allows you to be hired to a position related to business with that company), I don't see how they can claim 10 years later that you should be fired for your behavior without admitting some culpability.

He sent the emails to WFT Bruce Allen not to someone in the league. I am pretty sure he said the things because he was comfortable knowing Allen would not say anything and WFT did not hire him the Raiders did, so again the NFL would have no knowledge about them

17 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

Sorry but I don’t give a fuck! If you checked out the emails, tweets, and text messages from most of these sanctimonious assholes most would have some horrible things that they’ve said in the past. Funny how everyone is a saint until they’re not.

Then they're all morons.  You might have some politically incorrect -- if not outright bigoted -- thoughts running through your head, and you might even share them in a verbal conversation with your close friends.  But in this millennia, if you actually put that shit in an email and hit "send," you're a fucking moron.

We try to tell our clients that whenever they send an email or text to imagine the possibility of that email blown up on a screen in front of a jury.  Yet some of them still put the dumbest things in emails. 

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Then they're all morons.  You might have some politically incorrect -- if not outright bigoted -- thoughts running through your head, and you might even share them in a verbal conversation with your close friends.  But in this millennia, if you actually put that shit in an email and hit "send," you're a fucking moron.

We try to tell our clients that whenever they send an email or text to imagine the possibility of that email blown up on a screen in front of a jury.  Yet some of them still put the dumbest things in emails. 

I agree with this but I don’t excuse the sanctimonious Assholes who point fingers at everyone when they’re guilty of being unscrupulous themselves. Time and time again many of those wagging their fingers get exposed as the hypocrites they are. Gruden should have known better but personally I could give a rats ass.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

I agree with this but I don’t excuse the sanctimonious Assholes who point fingers at everyone when they’re guilty of being unscrupulous themselves. Time and time again many of those wagging their fingers get exposed as the hypocrites they are. Gruden should have known better but personally I could give a rats ass.

You must know some really shitty and stupid people.  I’m no spring chicken but I sure as shit can’t say many people I know  are like this asshole.  And I do give a rat’s ass.  Fuck Gruden.  

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

The owner of the patriots was getting hand jobs from girls in a sex trafficking parlor in florida....but definitely fuck Jon Gruden lol. 

david rodriguez fml GIF by South Park

You know what’s crazy, I can say fuck Gruden AND fuck Kraft.  Mind blowing right?  Oh, also FUCK the NFL.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

We can only call out those "sanctimonious Assholes" if and when their idiocy is revealed.  Right now, we have Gruden, and he's a bigoted moron.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You know what’s crazy, I can say fuck Gruden AND fuck Kraft.  Mind blowing right?  Oh, also FUCK the NFL.  

No offense Doc but your opinion doesn't mean shit lol, I mean that sincerely. I'm talking about how they let Kraft keep his money making football team after they caught him taking advantage of young girls in a massage parlor but Jon Gruden has to go because the NFL cares about it's "image." It's hypocrisy that knows no bounds 

Edited by WinningIsHard
clarify that I'm not being an asshole
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

Sorry but I don’t give a fuck! If you checked out the emails, tweets, and text messages from most of these sanctimonious assholes most would have some horrible things that they’ve said in the past. Funny how everyone is a saint until they’re not.

16 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

As long as you're bitching about these people, why don't you go ahead and name them?

9 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

No offense Doc but your opinion doesn't mean shit lol, I mean that sincerely. I'm talking about how they let Kraft keep his money making football team after they caught him taking advantage of young girls in a massage parlor but Jon Gruden has to go because the NFL cares about it's "image." It's hypocrisy that knows no bounds 

I think we agree.  The NFL as an org is full is shit.  I think we can say that and that Gruden and the NFL deserve eachother.  

And if I thought my opinion meant shit, I wouldn’t be cashing in those chips posting here of all places.  

• Hook 'Em 6

I'm curious why ESPN is walking away from this unscathed and is not facing any kind of scrutiny? Gruden was employed by ESPN when all these emails were sent, not the Raiders. The NFL leaked emails to the NYT to cause public outrage because they knew the Raiders couldn't fire Gruden for cause due to emails made years ago when he wasn't even employed by the NFL. The NFL wasn't going to stop leaking emails until push came to shove and it became too much of a distraction for the Raiders organization. The NFL employs Antonio Brown, DeShaun Watson and Tyreek Hill. Don't give me that shit that players shouldn't be held to the same standards they're grown ass men too and know right from wrong. Is this the world we live in where some hateful language is worse than domestic violence?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

As long as you're bitching about these people, why don't you go ahead and name them?

Why don’t you go ahead and fuck yourself and do a little research and find them on your own, they’re out there and they’ve been in the news , I’m not your bitch boy, shit for brains.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Chad said:

I'm curious why ESPN is walking away from this unscathed and is not facing any kind of scrutiny? Gruden was employed by ESPN when all these emails were sent, not the Raiders. The NFL leaked emails to the NYT to cause public outrage because they knew the Raiders couldn't fire Gruden for cause due to emails made years ago when he wasn't even employed by the NFL. The NFL wasn't going to stop leaking emails until push came to shove and it became too much of a distraction for the Raiders organization. The NFL employs Antonio Brown, DeShaun Watson and Tyreek Hill. Don't give me that shit that players shouldn't be held to the same standards they're grown ass men too and know right from wrong. Is this the world we live in where some hateful language is worse than domestic violence?

ESPN is taking plenty of shit. 

Watching a little Pro football talk with Florio and Simms right now. Both have the appropriate take on this…though Simms is more compelling bc he played under him. Stupid of Jon to put any of this in writing and send to an NFL email account. Both agreed that he needed to go. Both think that it is odd (neither are defending Gruden) that just his emails were leaked out of this huge investigation of the WFT. They want all the emails (from others like Dan Snyder etc…) to see the light of day as well. They don’t have a problem with Gruden’s being leaked but think it was a specific agenda to get rid of him by the NFL. 

Demaurice Smith’s job as NFLPA president was on the ropes this weekend when that specific email was released. He kept his job. At least through the next year. So there is that. Gruden had to go. No defense there. God only knows how many more emails were sent by him and how bad they are. Remains to be seen now that the result was achieved (Gruden is out of the NFL) will more continue to be leaked?

like Florio and Simms I would like to know more about the WFT investigation and feel like the NFL should be transparent about it. Cuz you can’t tell me that at the very least Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder don’t have far worse emails or emails on par with what Gruden sent. There’s just no way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You must know some really shitty and stupid people.  I’m no spring chicken but I sure as shit can’t say many people I know  are like this asshole.  And I do give a rat’s ass.  Fuck Gruden.  

You’re wasting your time on giving a rat’s ass and you missed the point of what I stated so you could have your half-witted retort. Do better with your reading comprehension. Now with that being said, go fuck yourself and shove your head up your sanctimonious asshole.

• Fuck You 7

22 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Is the NFL still going to have Eminem as part of the halftime show?

Because I like irony.

This proves it’s all bullshit. We live in a selectively sanctimonious world. Some offensive things get a slide while others get the death penalty. 

This was a hit job on Gruden. He pissed someone off and they went after him by digging up these emails. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

This proves it’s all bullshit. We live in a selectively sanctimonious world. Some offensive things get a slide while others get the death penalty. 

This was a hit job on Gruden. He pissed someone off and they went after him by digging up these emails. 

They didn’t dig up his emails. They came out in a new investigation of WFT. 

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

He’s one of 32 coaches and embarrassed the NFL. That’s why he’s gone. It’s not because the NFL actually cares about what he said. 

To clarify, I’d say the NFL cares about its image. But does it care about the actual substance of Gruden’s emails? Probably not.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

ESPN is taking plenty of shit. 

I missed it. I've seen all the outrage directed at the likes of Gruden and the Raiders. I haven't seen any directed at the company that was employing Gruden when all the emails were sent. There is a lot more dirt that is being selectively held out that would implicate big fish associated with the NFL. This was personal between Gruden and Goodell.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Watching a little Pro football talk with Florio and Simms right now. Both have the appropriate take on this…though Simms is more compelling bc he played under him. Stupid of Jon to put any of this in writing and send to an NFL email account. Both agreed that he needed to go. Both think that it is odd (neither are defending Gruden) that just his emails were leaked out of this huge investigation of the WFT. They want all the emails (from others like Dan Snyder etc…) to see the light of day as well. They don’t have a problem with Gruden’s being leaked but think it was a specific agenda to get rid of him by the NFL. 

Demaurice Smith’s job as NFLPA president was on the ropes this weekend when that specific email was released. He kept his job. At least through the next year. So there is that. Gruden had to go. No defense there. God only knows how many more emails were sent by him and how bad they are. Remains to be seen now that the result was achieved (Gruden is out of the NFL) will more continue to be leaked?

like Florio and Simms I would like to know more about the WFT investigation and feel like the NFL should be transparent about it. Cuz you can’t tell me that at the very least Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder don’t have far worse emails or emails on par with what Gruden sent. There’s just no way. 

It would be glorious if this shit would somehow entangle Snyder and force his sorry ass to sell the Skins.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Deej changed the title to Well, bye, Jon Gruden