This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

24 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

We will probably win one more game and go 6-6. "See, that's progress!" will be the official line and everyone will be back next year.    

This is why a vomit “like” emoji is a must have.  🤮 

Edited by troph
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

We will probably win one more game and go 6-6. "See, that's progress!" will be the official line and everyone will be back next year.    

Bijan and RoJo  will be off to the pros next season and their production will be tough to replace. Jonathan Brooks will probably do a solid job as our featured back next season with Blue taking 10-15 snaps per game as well, but they almost certainly won’t match the production of Bijan + RoJo. Sark set the bar super low going 5-7 last season, and 6-6 or even 7-5 isn’t going to make me feel confident in our future especially given what we’re losing on offense. Now hopefully Neyor decides to come back because having his size + speed along with JT Sanders size, and Worthy’s speed creates a trifecta of weapons for Ewers to target. So, I’m hoping our gains in the pass game will offset our losses in the run game next season. We just need to keep Ewers clavicle and hands healthy all season 

10 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

If Herman wasn't a Generational Asshole, he'd still be our coach, and we'd be a lot better football team... The first, for sure, and the second, arguably and in my opinion likely, even if without Ewers. 

Eh, he had 4 years and managed 1 CCG appearance.. and we couldn't really bring him back after going all out for Urban. It's hard to say what would've happened if he had NIL money to throw around, but my guess is he'd still be good for at least 2-3 WTF losses every year. Not the guy, but yes, probably better than Mr. 7 Win.

29 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

If Herman wasn't a Generational Asshole, he'd still be our coach, and we'd be a lot better football team... The first, for sure, and the second, arguably and in my opinion likely, even if without Ewers. 

Maybe defensively, but this roster is Herman's doing and it has problems.  WIthout Ewers talents, there's no Ehlinger on offense to bail Tommy out.  I suspect without Ehlinger, Herman would not have compiled the record he did.

• Hook 'Em 2

Patterson is on the staff doing whatever it is he does. Wouldn't it be amazing to get him to sit down at a park bench or other microphone resistant place, and tell you what he sees?  You could ask him point blank, in your opinion, does Sark have "it"? Is it just more time he needs, or is this it? He could say the guy is the truth and he will get it and he's moving in the right direction. Or, he could whistle through his teeth and spit, before responding, and you'd know we are fucked. I'm not saying Patterson is the final say in NCAA coaching, but he has demonstrated prowess at a high level.

That isn't going to happen to any of us. But surely it happens or will happen with CDC. Right? I mean, they know each other quite well. They both have a common interest. Am I way off? If CDC doesn't inititate this conversation, why doesn't he? Or maybe it has happened or happens every Saturday night or Sunday morning. The fact that Patterson has openly denied any interest in DC or HC jobs makes his opinion less biased by self interest.

Is that how it works? I'm not sure that's how it works.

• Hook 'Em 1

Patterson is on the staff doing whatever it is he does. Wouldn't it be amazing to get him to sit down at a park bench or other microphone resistant place, and tell you what he sees?  You could ask him point blank, in your opinion, does Sark have "it"? Is it just more time he needs, or is this it? He could say the guy is the truth and he will get it and he's moving in the right direction. Or, he could whistle through his teeth and spit, before responding, and you'd know we are fucked. I'm not saying Patterson is the final say in NCAA coaching, but he has demonstrated prowess at a high level.
That isn't going to happen to any of us. But surely it happens or will happen with CDC. Right? I mean, they know each other quite well. They both have a common interest. Am I way off? If CDC doesn't inititate this conversation, why doesn't he? Or maybe it has happened or happens every Saturday night or Sunday morning. The fact that Patterson has openly denied any interest in DC or HC jobs makes his opinion less biased by self interest.

If we end up with a disappointing record, I expect CDC to initiate the talk to Patterson about “Intel” on the coaching and team after the season.

16 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

I'd bet a lot of money that CDC has had, is currently having and will have those conversations with GP.  I'm not positive Sark is a CDC hire.  I would think GP plays a chief of staff type role to CDC

I know the dude has a way better track record than anyone on our current staff and I respect the hell out of what he turned TCU into, but Patterson’s last 4 years went 7-6, 5-7, 6-4 and 3-5.  His greatest accomplishments those years centered around beating Texas and not much else. He managed to get a roster that is currently 8-0 to turn on him and had them playing worse defense than Texas.

While I respect his opinion and think he is an asset, I don’t think he has some secret sauce recipe and it was obvious he had lost some of his magic in Fort Worth the last few years.

He’s a special assistant to the head coach, not a special assistant to the AD so if CDC is having to go around someone who reports directly to him to one of his staff members to get information on one of his programs, we are fucked.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Eh, he had 4 years and managed 1 CCG appearance.. and we couldn't really bring him back after going all out for Urban. It's hard to say what would've happened if he had NIL money to throw around, but my guess is he'd still be good for at least 2-3 WTF losses every year. Not the guy, but yes, probably better than Mr. 7 Win.

I’d settle for 1 CCG every four years. I mean damn, Mack only went to 2 didn’t he?

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

He had a 4-year starter NFL draft pick at QB, 2nd round NFL draft pick at LT, one of the best edge rushers in the country who was a 3rd round NFL draft pick, NFL draft picks at DT and safety….and couldn’t finish in the top 2 of the conference.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’d settle for 1 CCG every four years. I mean damn, Mack only went to 2 didn’t he?

True, but Mack should've gone to 3 and we were arguably the best team in the country each of those years (definitely in 05, obviously). He also had to share a division with prime Stoops, who owned his ass; despite shitting the bed against OU, I would take those early 00s teams over Herman's CCG team that lost 4 games.

Edited by TXpride
  • Like 1

If CDC has to rely on Patterson's input to evaluate Sark's ongoing performance that means two things.  First, Sark should not be getting paid millions of dollars a year to be the head coach and second, CDC shouldn't be the AD.

How many of you have an employee going behind your back directly to your supervisor filling them in on your performance?  I bet that works out just peachy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Unless there is a relapse or other scandal, Sark is getting at least 3 and probably 4 years.  Even if he goes 5-7 again this year he is not getting fired for performance.  Not happening. 

No way we bring him back with a second losing season   I refuse to believe we have sunk that low 

True, but Mack should've gone to 3 and we were arguably the best team in the country each of those years (definitely in 05, obviously). He also had to share a division with prime Stoops, who owned his ass; despite shitting the bed against OU, I would take those early 00s teams over Herman's CCG team that lost 4 games.

He did go to three.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

No way we bring him back with a second losing season   I refuse to believe we have sunk that low 

Buyout would be roughly $23M if we fired him after the season which is probably beyond our price point. I see us firing him after 2023 or 2024 and restarting the Urban Meyer conversations albeit more seriously this time. 

Sark seems like a pretty nice guy.

He's somewhere between Charlie and MensaTom in terms of apparent puzzlement during games. 

Alcohol? Drugs? Pure-dee lack of ability? Not sure I care, I kinda feel like he's had plenty of opportunity to show us what he can do, and he hasn't shown much.

24 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Still can’t believe we hired this fraud

Maybe if we have to get another coach we can have a real hiring process like many successful teams have. Maybe hire a search firm. Interview several coaches. If we seriously go for yet another BIG hire (whale) and miss and panic and hire what we think is the next new shiny toy we will be in this place again. Sark has many gifts but the reason he was Seven Win Steve wasn’t just because he drank. It’s because he won’t give up OC play calling duties. Very very few HC can be successful year over year and build the kind of dynasty we want being both a HC and an OC. Are there HC that call plays? Yes. Are there some that are sole play caller and HC yes? Hey there Bimbo, I mean Dumbo, I mean Jimbo. Sark can’t make adjustments, seems to have no feel for game after scripting a great first half, situationally makes shit decisions and the list goes on and on. He will win more games if he’d relinquish a lot of that OC stuff. I hope he will because he’s lights out in recruiting etc…if not his ass will be gone. We could have a team full of pro bowlers and Sark could still find a way to fuck up the games in the second half. It’s him. It’s play calling. Yes it’s the players and execution but it’s very much Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Like the process that brought us Charlie!

Uh that was Patterson type of deal. If sark stops calling most of the damn games we’d win more. No team left on our schedule has a shitty HC. They will make adjustments. Sark won’t. He’ll bury his nose in his playbook and not change anything up after scripting a great first half. All the teams left on our schedule have a pulse and great head coaches. Maybe we beat KS cuz it’s a revenge game. Possibly Baylor? I don’t know. I had us winning against Okie Lite and we worked hard to give that game to them. So we could basically lose all remaining games. Shit. Oh well. Hope we can go 4-0! That’d be awesome. But it would require Sark understanding the primary reason why we blow first half leads in the second half. His play calling. And I just can’t seem him giving that up as it’s his super power.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Buyout would be roughly $23M if we fired him after the season which is probably beyond our price point. I see us firing him after 2023 or 2024 and restarting the Urban Meyer conversations albeit more seriously this time. 

According to this site we would owe him $15.7M at the end of this season. If we lose out and Arch decommits I could see it happening. But the Urban ship has sailed. We'd probably go after Rhule.

2 minutes ago, TXpride said:

According to this site we would owe him $15.7M at the end of this season. If we lose out and Arch decommits I could see it happening. But the Urban ship has sailed. We'd probably go after Rhule.

God damn. Rhule? A miserable failure? A guy Carolina just paid a shitload of money to not coach their team? What has he done than all the other recent Baylor coaches haven’t?

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

God damn. Rhule? A miserable failure? A guy Carolina just paid a shitload of money to not coach their team? What has he done than all the other recent Baylor coaches haven’t?

He failed in the NFL. The vast majority of coaches do. But he was successful at both stops in college and had three 10+ win seasons, which is three more than Sark. Not saying he'd be my first choice, but Saban/Urban/Dabo aren't walking through that door.