This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Can't wait to get excited for either the "Texas" or "Alamo" Bowl. Woohoo.

Such horseshit. This team snatches defeat from the jaws of victory more than any I can think of. No lead is safe for the coaches & players not to fuck up.

This team? Pretty much all of our teams since 2009 have done this. It's getting weird.

And sure if I thought winning the Texas Bowl, or whatever, would give us momentum that would be cool. But Mack and Herman were great in their mid tier bowls on 2011, 2012, 2017, and 2019 and it meant nothing. Hell winning the Sugar Bowl meant nothing.

How about we play a good game against Kansas State? Let's build momentum that way not in the Cheez It Bowl.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 3:03 PM, Nicole44 said:

Things I don’t want to hear anymore:

we just ran out of time (unless the officials let the clock run out egregiously and were sanctioned)

we have to play all four quarters (only losers say this and unless a force of nature ended the game prematurely stop saying it)

we were just hitting our stride in the 4th quarter…(it’s kinda like running out of time)

they looked great in practice. (Gosh I fucking hope they at least look good in practice)

we made too many mistakes (fine if it’s the first game but anything after that and it’s a coaching issue. So just say, the errors are on the coach and coaching staff at that point)

Everyone really wants to win and they’re all together in that desire. (Cool. So why do we keep losing?)

i don’t need any pressers or coach speak. I don’t need to hear what we should have done in a game….days later. Hours later…an hour later. It was in the control of the staff and Sark to call more running plays and if you can say that twenty minutes after the damn game where was that thought during the last two quarters 

Just stop paying attention to press conferences, media availabilities and post game shit.

Otherwise you're just gonna be even more frustrated and probably drink more.  😋

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Honest question: tennessee sucked forever and in one year they’re really fucking good. No huge culture change or big rebuild needed. How did they do that? Did they just go nuts in the transfer portal?

They have been having top 10 recruiting classes this whole time. It isn't like they just sank to the bottom. They just underachieved until this year they stopped...for the time being.

The season is not over yet. Plenty of time for Tennessee to crush their fans hopes.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Honest question: tennessee sucked forever and in one year they’re really fucking good. No huge culture change or big rebuild needed. How did they do that? Did they just go nuts in the transfer portal?

Their QB is the anti-Moro Ojomo. Has been in college since Vince Young was at Texas.

Also, look at their non conference schedule….

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Also it’s year 2 for the coach there, not year 1. As another poster mentioned, they have an experienced QB. This is hopefully what Texas looks like in ‘23 with a more experienced Ewers. 

13 hours ago, Vince McCoy said:

84345642-AA01-4B21-B2FD-4050CE6590C8.jpeg

So offensively we are on track to score a little less in the first quarter but on track to meet or surpass our scoring from last year in every other quarter.

And defensively the 2nd and 3rd quarters are significantly improved while the 1st is a little better and the 4th is slightly worse.

Am I reading that right?

Edited by Hookem2147

17 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

So offensively we are on track to score a little less in the first quarter but on track to meet or surpass our scoring from last year in every other quarter.

And defensively the 2nd and 3rd quarters are significantly improved while the 1st is a little better and the 4th is slightly worse.

Am I reading that right?

Took @Vince McCoy's #'s and broke it down on per game basis:

image.png.076c1cf961d2dd74e5a5ef6a9eb4b0d8.png

Edited by 40acredropout

2 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

image.png.dc23930e130c5281e5edcc3a87532dc5.png

Man, we only allowed 29 points per game last year? 

One thing I do notice is defensively we have been pretty strong coming out of halftime this year. As a matter of fact I just looked and in the 8 games, this is what we’ve allowed the first drive of the second half: 4 punts, 3 turnover on downs and a missed field goal.

3 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

image.png.076c1cf961d2dd74e5a5ef6a9eb4b0d8.png

Good work. Thanks, the defense is clearly doing better this year and appears to be making great halftime adjustments. The part that stood out is the lack of offensive production In the second half. Down by almost half over the first half. 
 That is a pattern That cost us a bunch of wins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Our defense can’t get off the fucking field. I don’t care what the stats say. Shit is borked

I think the stats do kind of matter

But OU sucking so hard might have cooked the books a bit. It will be interesting to see what they look like at the end of the year.

• Like 1

They have been having top 10 recruiting classes this whole time. It isn't like they just sank to the bottom. They just underachieved until this year they stopped...for the time being.
The season is not over yet. Plenty of time for Tennessee to crush their fans hopes.

Their recruiting has been Top 20 most years but only occasionally Top 10. They also had some horrible attrition in their transition class before Heupel.

Heupel has coached them up and they believe. A good start.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

We haven’t had top ten classes?  Herp appears to just be a better coach than Sarky

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Just asking questions (lmao: total CR trigger) are we a top twenty team in anything? Good or bad? Been watching this seriously boring slate of games and hearing how this team is good at or bad at? Out of 150 FBS teams do we rank in anything in the top 20? 

4 hours ago, Vince McCoy said:

6EE9DD34-F542-4DEA-ACB2-00E7D2F32919.thumb.jpeg.be933e4b9989b7eec5b7bce1a5c2e3bb.jpeg2147DBB1-8BC9-442A-BE7E-09BCF39D56F4.thumb.jpeg.19de0ff18650b175f0023bca6436efd4.jpegA23A77E2-EA5E-44A5-842C-9861AF6A908F.thumb.jpeg.baf10a2b523b11edeb27d06460984e5b.jpeg

Well apparently we are top 24 in new coaches record!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Well here we are once again. It's October and Texas does not control its own destiny to make the Big12 CCG. 

KSU is doing Texas a favor right now. If that holds, Texas would very likely be in if they won out. Now, the winning out bit is laughable, but they would very much still be in the race, in theory.

Just now, gmr548 said:

KSU is doing Texas a favor right now. If that holds, Texas would very likely be in if they won out. Now, the winning out bit is laughable, but they would very much still be in the race, in theory.

Yeah in theory. Tech has 2 losses and they have the H2H against us. OKST is about to have 2 losses and they have the H2H against us. If we beat TCU, that will only be their first conference loss and looking at their remaining schedule they may not get a 2nd conference loss. You're right though, if we win out I like our chances to make it to Arlington because likely a 2 loss team will be in the CCG and maybe it could be us.

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Gundy doing Gundy things always helps. But KState will run a train on us. Wind, pass rush, crowd noise, freshman on the road: all things will still be true when we play them. 

When has Texas ever won out in the past decade?? Not holding my breath. We'll fuck up again with Sark.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

I think KSU is showing us even more how bad of a loss last week was.  Not sure the chances Texas has to beat KSU, TCU, and maybe even Baylor.  Texas has more base talent than all these others by a decent margin.

Whether or not Texas makes even a bowl game is going to come down to how healthy Jalon Daniels is.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

14 minutes ago, cashman said:

Don’t know how folks are watching this K state game and think seven loss Steve has even a prayer of getting the team ready to beat K State on the road. We should worry about if we will get enough wins to make a bowl.

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Gundy doing Gundy things always helps. But KState will run a train on us. Wind, pass rush, crowd noise, freshman on the road: all things will still be true when we play them. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
20 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

When has Texas ever won out in the past decade?? Not holding my breath. We'll fuck up again with Sark.

To be clear, when I said "the winning out bit is laughable," I was saying I do not think Texas has a chance at winning out.

I will say that KSU laying this beating on OSU makes part of me think Texas will come out and win in a "Where the hell has that been!?" kind of performance that really gasses this board up. But then they'd drop two of the last three or something.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

To be clear, when I said "the winning out bit is laughable," I was saying I do not think Texas has a chance at winning out.

I will say that KSU laying this beating on OSU makes part of me think Texas will come out and win in a "Where the hell has that been!?" kind of performance that really gasses this board up. But then they'd drop two of the last three or something.

Our signature win under Sark was against an OU team that essentially quit or didn’t show up. I love the spirit you have and that’s a good thing to have. We’re totally fucked. 

• Like 1

Curious: say Texas loses out again (a legit chance which I’m thinking is more and more likely as Baylor is kinda dominating TT) - what happens? They aren’t firing Sark but two 5-7 no bowl seasons is pretty much rock bottom and beyond embarrassing with this talent we have in offense. Do we see wholesale staff changes?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Curious: say Texas loses out again (a legit chance which I’m thinking is more and more likely as Baylor is kinda dominating TT) - what happens? They aren’t firing Sark but two 5-7 no bowl seasons is pretty much rock bottom and beyond embarrassing with this talent we have in offense. Do we see wholesale staff changes?

We will do the same song and dance. New DC for 2023. Sark Fired after 2023 season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We will do the same song and dance. New DC for 2023. Sark Fired after 2023 season. 

19 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Right now I can’t even think about this.  We can win every game left on the schedule.  I do not want to go through another coaching change in 2023.  Data proves otherwise but maybe sark snaps out of it and runs the table?   

30 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Not sure.  I would say the defensive staff needs a total over haul.  The offensive staff is basically Sark, so you would need to replace him to make changes on offense.  There needs to be a coach on accountability or something.  Adding a special role on the staff would be positive.

44 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

We will probably win one more game and go 6-6. "See, that's progress!" will be the official line and everyone will be back next year.