[Game Thread] Texas vs. OkSU - 11am on FOX

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Modessit said:

You could see the reaction on Sark's face after Casey didn't get the 4th down:

"That's not what you were supposed to do."

We just have dumb low-talent players.

I've had coaching experience where I can specifically tell a player, "If he does A then you do B." The player says OK, goes out, the other guy does A and my player does C and loses. His excuse? "I thought I could make it." Me: "I don't give a shit what you thought. If you do B then even if it doesn't work we don't lose. But the odds are it'll work." They nod and say they'll do better next time and next time they fuck it up again. Sometimes you have no choice because the backup is just as stupid and less talented. Eventually you just have to cut your losses and move on.

Sark is a dumb ass who has zero idea how to adjust. Another game where he did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half except piss and shit the game away. This goes both ways. We might not have much talent but we yet again have an idiot head coach who gets clowned as usual. It should have been obvious after Arkansas but people bought in after beating shit teams in Tech and TCU. But it's reared its ugly head again. Another week of having zero clue what to do when the other team punches back.

• Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

This. All of these posters saying Casey is god awful and the worst Texas QB ever should choke on Bob Stoops's bag of dicks.

It isn't that I wanted Card just because he was the back-up, but rather because Casey is clearly still hurt and isn't playing up to his own standard.  Casey should have been out and Card should have been in.  Sark is just another dumbass coach, who transfer portalled in a RB when we needed O-linemen because he didn't bother to watch film.  

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

If we could pick only one thing to fix on this team it should be the OL. No, the D isn't great, but they could probably do what's needed if the OL could just be average.

I would fix the coach that couldve run  the clock out on the 3rd quarter 2 weeks in a row and refused to do it. 

9 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

The worst part is OSU didn’t look that good either

Osu is an incredibly average team and only have their ranking by schedule, and mercy if snapping victory from jaws of defeat. Exhibit A what we did. 

fuck Steve, it was tight after half but the play book was there to win and he fucking peeeed himself. 

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

It isn't that I wanted Card just because he was the back-up, but rather because Casey is clearly still hurt and isn't playing up to his own standard.  Casey should have been out and Card should have been in.  Sark is just another dumbass coach, who transfer portalled in a RB when we needed O-linemen because he didn't bother to watch film.  

Agreed that Sark has run out of excuses. If Mel Tucker at Michigan State can effectively use the portal (and he brought in OL), Sark should be able to as well.

2 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

In our three losses, our defense has given up 892 yards rushing. 

297.33 YPG

This is a problem. I would argue it is THE single biggest problem. 

It’s amazing that after the O implodes all 2nd half because the other team finally accepts that the OL is an abortion that our D gets blown out in the 2nd half on the ground once the other team has a massive time of possession difference. 

4 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

In our three losses, our defense has given up 892 yards rushing. 

297.33 YPG

This is a problem. I would argue it is THE single biggest problem. 

Definitely agree it's an issue, but they get worn down late in the game since our Offense goes into a shell.  They did great in the first half.

11 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Nope sorry you are wrong. 

Here is out 2nd half offense output after the TD;

PUNT

PUNT

PUNT

PUNT

T/O - on Downs

INT

Tell me that is not coaching. 

What does this even mean, especially without context

Coaches call plays that they feel their team can execute. These guys weren't executing much. Even the WRs blocking on the edge was poor.

Come on, man.

• Hook 'Em 1

TH wasn't the guy, but Sark is just as fucking stupid in a different way.   He should have played Card as Casey was off and wasn't playing well.   

Didn’t let the time run out of the quarter either. Tons of panicky, questionable decisions by the entire coaching staff(mainly offensive).