Raiders WR Henry Ruggs charged with DUI resulting in death after drunken crash kills someone

shadow_operative

So @Spider2YBanana makes a post expressing his position that he feels the way he does because he tragically lost his daughter and the only thing that helped him get through the pain was a dog. Then @Dr. Beeper spends the next two pages arguing with him, calling him names, and belittling him?

Sounds about right for Rex. The man who knows more than everyone and isnt afraid to tell you, including lecturing a parent how they should feel after the death of their daughter.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Watching the 2019 Iowa State game. She climbs on me during most Texas games lately because she knows I’m in distress…

DF8DE748-735C-4538-95EC-B1883954CB9C.jpeg

My dog usually runs out of the room because she thinks I’m stroking out.  She hates to watch me suffer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No we don't deserve them. We're selfish assholes who take advantage of their love and others. We think we're smarter than we actually, but in reality we're an awful species. Humans do indeed suck. For every good person there are hundreds of pieces of garbage who will kill for $500 or less. We're a disease.  

Dogshit in the park where kids play has me convinced that dogs are fine but their owners fucking blow.

Edited by Nivek
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m sorry man. I don’t really care about the argument. I’m just sorry about all of that. 

Losing one of my kids - I don’t know what I’d do. 

Search for them? get an apartment in Houston? Punch a ticket to hell?

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Dogshit in the park where kids play has me convinced that dogs are fine but their owners fucking blow.

Amen to that. We have neighbors that refuse to pick up their dogs shit in our yard. You would think living in a nice neighborhood that people wouldn't act like assholes with their dogs, but then you realize people aren't any different just because of where they live. Bastards. It's like the time I went into a bathroom at Walmart and there was a shitty diaper. Like wtf? You can't even throw it in the trash at the very least? People are the worst. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Amen to that. We have neighbors that refuse to pick up their dogs shit in our yard. You would think living in a nice neighborhood that people wouldn't act like assholes with their dogs, but then you realize people aren't any different just because of where they live. Bastards. It's like the time I went into a bathroom at Walmart and there was a shitty diaper. Like wtf? You can't even throw it in the trash at the very least? People are the worst. 

Depending on the WalMart, there were probably a few on the aisles….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

They are going for the most they can get. Up to 46 years for all that. 

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/05/henry-ruggs-charges-four-felonies-one-misdemeanor-dui-reckless-driving/

Good. Make an example out of him. Athletes think they're above the law, show him he's very, very wrong. 2 lives were taken and all they did were take a drive and some fucking moron had to ruin lives of many. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Whether it was 156 or 15, drinking and driving and taking someone's life deserves what the law can deliver.

I would draw a distinction between someone being dangerously reckless and someone who had two glasses of wine at dinner and got into an unfortunate accident.  That’s probably why there are sentencing guidelines like 2-20 years for a given crime.  The jury can apply their judgment as to what end of that scale  they should end up on.  This one will probably end up on the high side of the sentencing guidelines, for good reason.

14 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Honestly, you're not wrong. It's exactly why I don't go there anymore. The people alone are the lowest form of humanity, at least where we live. 

Rookie move ^^^

When I've had a shitty day I stroll thru the local Walmart, and it makes me realize my problems just aren't that bad....

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

First of all, there is always a need to be a smug cocksucker. Second, I don’t know about Spider’s past. Third, I can understand FEELING this way about dogs, akin to children, as Huckleberry points out.  

But articulating, upon reflection, it upsets you more that a dog died than an innocent woman in agony is utterly ridiculous. I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but I won’t back off that. 

You’re a smart dude and generally a good poster, but you’re being a dick in this instance.

But it’s surly so dick on 

IMG_9329.thumb.jpeg.9e2dcdf96dfa800ad390e98d27deb6da.jpeg

Daisy 12/21/09 - 03/30/21

Accidents are one thing, but carelessness to this degree is another. Thanks to him somebody did lose a daughter. I would hope the NFL or at least the team would make him the poster child for what can happen, but as noted in this thread he's not the first.

As to the dust up going on here, I don't think it means much. Value life any way you wish, but somebody lost a daughter needlessly. In a similar situation I'd rather have my daughter back than the dog in the picture, and I still can't look at picture without my allergies causing my eyes to water. I can't imagine what they are going through, and God save me from ever experiencing it.

"Its a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away everything he's got and everything he's ever gonna have."- Bill Munny (Unforgiven)

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Rookie move ^^^

When I've had a shitty day I stroll thru the local Walmart, and it makes me realize my problems just aren't that bad....

That's not bad. We used to people watch when my ex-wife and I were married. We would stroll around and just see walking fumes of death and it cheered us up while we were in school. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

IMG_9329.thumb.jpeg.9e2dcdf96dfa800ad390e98d27deb6da.jpeg

Daisy 12/21/09 - 03/30/21

Accidents are one thing, but carelessness to this degree is another. Thanks to him somebody did lose a daughter. I would hope the NFL or at least the team would make him the poster child for what can happen, but as noted in this thread he's not the first.

As to the dust up going on here, I don't think it means much. Value life any way you wish, but somebody lost a daughter needlessly. In a similar situation I'd rather have my daughter back than the dog in the picture, and I still can't look at picture without my allergies causing my eyes to water. I can't imagine what they are going through, and God save me from ever experiencing it.

"Its a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away everything he's got and everything he's ever gonna have."- Bill Munny (Unforgiven)

RIP, Daisy. We all love you. ♥️

• Like 2

Will the video posted in this thread where Ruggs and his gf are on the ground while the victim's car is across the street burning be played for the jury? Not sure what is and isn't allowed in these cases.

Haven't fully caught up on the thread yet, so SIAP, but I'm willing to bet that video is longer than what TMZ posted. I doubt that bystander just started filming with the car fully engulfed and Ruggs on the street. They probably shortened it so people didn't hear the girls screaming inside the car or the dog yelping in pain. The jury will probably see that, at least for the punishment decision. I hope we never do.
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Modessit said:
3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
Will the video posted in this thread where Ruggs and his gf are on the ground while the victim's car is across the street burning be played for the jury? Not sure what is and isn't allowed in these cases.

Haven't fully caught up on the thread yet, so SIAP, but I'm willing to bet that video is longer than what TMZ posted. I doubt that bystander just started filming with the car fully engulfed and Ruggs on the street. They probably shortened it so people didn't hear the girls screaming inside the car or the dog yelping in pain. The jury will probably see that, at least for the punishment decision. I hope we never do.

You and me both. I couldn't take hearing the yelping or screaming. That would break me. I feel bad for the jury that has to hear it. That'll give nightmares for years to come. 

• Like 1

Other questions will be raised by the investigation, both as to potential criminal charges and civil liability. As to the latter, Nevada’s dram shop laws insulate commercial purveyors of alcohol from liability, when the alcohol is sold to someone of legal age. In other words, whoever served Ruggs had no responsibility to cut him off, no matter how impaired he may have seemed.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/06/surveillance-video-shows-extreme-speed-at-which-henry-ruggs-was-driving/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

Miss Ellie snoozing through GameDay. And speaking of dogs…my dad once told me…lock your wife and dog in the trunk at the same time and leave them in there for an hour and when you open the trunk see which one is happy to see you.

I heard it as "drive around for an hour", but truly your millage may vary!😀

On 11/3/2021 at 11:40 AM, ButtFumble said:

Untitled.thumb.png.871fc0d243611c3b278f1eba062bc2a2.png

looking at some videos and pics he crashed at Rainbow and Spring Valley......Spring Valley is the circle street in this screen capture so he crashed at one of the two intersections circled

that is pretty much in the heart of residential Vegas west of The Strip

Holy shit!  I used to live right across the street from there a few years ago on on the north side of that circle (Spring Valley).  Spring Valley was a residential road with a speed limit of like 25-30 mph and South Rainbow was just a city street connecting Flamingo and Tropicana with a speed limit of like 50 mph?  He tripled the speed limit! It's not a very well lit area for a highly residential and commercial street, especially Spring Valley (the circular road) and South Rainbow isn't much more well lit either.                                                                        

• Fuck You 5

24 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Just saw article where Ruggs’ legal team blaming slow firefighter response time for girl’s death. 
Shocking. 

Well, fuck them.  I know they are responsible for defending their client, but the fire department is irrelevant if he just calls for a ride.  If that's the best defense they can muster, he's going to prison for a while.

The TMZ video brought tears to my eyes - again.  I just cannot see sitting there and whimpering after such a thing.  Get over there and try to help.

And the dog stories hit home.  We got this guy from Austin Pets Alive.  Was moved from a shelter Edinburg to a no-kill shelter.  He's a mutt (bull plus a bunch of random others), but we do not know what we'd do w/o him.

4C610BFE-DCF8-40FC-B142-61974F813C97_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.697a96e0351b7fa610d3302fb2a9866c.jpeg

Yeah.  He does not realize that he's in the little dogs' bed...

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

Just saw article where Ruggs’ legal team blaming slow firefighter response time for girl’s death. 
Shocking. 

The firefighters would have got to the accident faster if they were driving this Chevy corvette c8 stingray.

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com/henry-ruggs-chevy-corvette-stingray

• Haha 2