Raiders WR Henry Ruggs charged with DUI resulting in death after drunken crash kills someone

shadow_operative

31 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

What kind of idiot gets a $17 million contract and buys a corvette?

Seriously though, fuck him. 

27 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

A guy that makes shitty decisions, apparently. 

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com/henry-ruggs-chevy-corvette-stingray

Have either of you driven a relatively recent (since 2016ish) Corvette? 

Not that that would be my choice of car.

Just now, Da Fino said:

I know that the new ones are pretty great. I was just making a joke. 

Well, yes. It's still a Corvette. I'm not sure how they compare to say a Ferrari or Lamborghini but they seem comparable. Unlike whatever they were rolling out in the mid 2000s for mid life crisis insurance salesmen. 

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

How hard is it to get a fucking Uber.  This hits home to me because my good family friends just lost their mother after a fucking drunk driver ran her over while she was walking in her own neighborhood in front of her house.  Driver was going 70 mph in a fucking neighborhood.  

I have no sympathy for Ruggs, enjoy prison...

NFL provides it's players with a free service for transportation to avoid stuff like this. Doesn't even need Uber.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

NFL provides it's players with a free service for transportation to avoid stuff like this. Doesn't even need Uber.

A lot of the guys in the league are weary of using that service for fear of contract retribution by the league.  I can understand that particular apprehension, but not of using another of the myriad of services.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

A lot of the guys in the league are weary of using that service for fear of contract retribution by the league.  I can understand that particular apprehension, but not of using another of the myriad of services.  

Well looks like he is about to enter a whole new world of contract retribution. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well, yes. It's still a Corvette. I'm not sure how they compare to say a Ferrari or Lamborghini but they seem comparable. Unlike whatever they were rolling out in the mid 2000s for mid life crisis insurance salesmen. 

Wanna know how i know you've never driven a modded 2008 z06?? 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, ousux said:

But back on topic, if you're gonna spend the evening at a scrip clube, just fucking Uber/Lyft or cab ffs. Even a light night with a couple drinks early is enough to get you popped by the po po these days.

I've never driven drunk, but I have been in a situation where I've had a couple and worry about getting in a wreck and getting sued for "alcohol breath".

Easy fix.

Why not get a driver/Uber to drop you off.  Tell him/her you'll tip him/her $200 if they'll come back when you text them.  Super easy; super convenient.  Don't have to drunkenly figure out the Uber app or wait an hour to be picked up.  

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

As in, hey Joe Schmuckatelli for the Eagles used the driving service 5X last week...let's test him?

3 hours ago, Da Fino said:

I know that the new ones are pretty great. I was just making a joke. 

Just rode in my HS buddy's new one when I was down in SA this weekend for another buddy's funeral. It wouldn't be my choice but that car is pretty cool (and fast AF).

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hey, c'mon man!

2 hours ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, ztejas said:
Have either of you driven a relatively recent (since 2016ish) Corvette? 
Not that that would be my choice of car.

C8 Z06 is a gamechanger..Vette is no longer for 50+ yo insurance salesmen.

Quite piling on us insurance guys. (And I'm not 50 yet!!!!!! I shit you not, today is my 49th birthday.) 🤣

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1