Joshua Moore might be gone

texifornia

I think suspended for the season makes sense based on what we know. Thats a pretty harsh punishment but also gives the kid a second chance (which likely improves the odds of him getting his shit together). Cast him off and who knows what road he goes down. But any additional slip up and he’s gone.

8 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

If 6th street is dangerous then don’t go there.

A lot of you guys carry guns. I do not. If there’s a place that I’m too scared to go unarmed, I don’t go at all. Problem solved.

This kid needs to get kicked the fuck off the team

A lot of you guys wear seat belts.  I do not. If there’s a place that I’m too scared to drive that I need a seatbelt, I don’t go at all. Problem solved.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I don't agree with zero tolerance,  but I would say that a core value should be as close to zero tolerance as you can get.

If what is charged is true he needs to go.  

Drugs are a core value.  If we had zero tolerance for drugs, we couldn’t field a team.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

A lot of you guys wear seat belts.  I do not. If there’s a place that I’m too scared to drive that I need a seatbelt, I don’t go at all. Problem solved.  

Your seatbelt's not likely to kill a dozen bystanders if you use it. What a faulty, stupid strawman.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I think suspended for the season makes sense based on what we know. Thats a pretty harsh punishment but also gives the kid a second chance (which likely improves the odds of him getting his shit together). Cast him off and who knows what road he goes down. But any additional slip up and he’s gone.

The road he will go down is to enroll at OU, Baylor, Penn St, or A&M.

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Drugs are a core value.  If we had zero tolerance for drugs, we couldn’t field a team.  

I'm not for zero tolerance on anything.  

That doesn't mean every rule infraction should get a 2nd chance.  Each case is different.  

I don't have all the facts,  but as I said earlier if it went down as it seems to have,  I wouldn't keep him on the team. 

Edited by Laga4

9 hours ago, markstanco said:
20 hours ago, SA-KC_Horn said:
I wouldn't mind kicking off the team since it is a violation of team rules.
But if a second chance is presented then suspended him the entire year, with required counseling and shit tons of community service. 

I predicted a few months ago he would have a breakout year, if this happens it will screw all of it up.

Stanco’d.

at least we know Fillinger will be an All-American. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, why do people think that everything listed as a core value is a one strike and you're out situation? Did Herman ever say that?

I agree that the full picture of what he was doing should decide the punishment.

Anyone who believes the staff or administration equates smoking weed with illegal possession of a firearm is smoking weed.

25 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Your seatbelt's not likely to kill a dozen bystanders if you use it. What a faulty, stupid strawman.

If movies have taught me anything, it's that this is only true if he's a good guy. If he were a bad guy, he'd need twenty clips to hit that many. Twelve people with fifteen bullets from a handgun? Defintely a good guy, so he'd probably deserve a second chance.

5 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

If movies have taught me anything, it's that this is only true if he's a good guy. If he were a bad guy, he'd need twenty clips to hit that many. Twelve people with fifteen bullets from a handgun? Defintely a good guy, so he'd probably deserve a second chance.

30 was the number, no? And replace kill with wound and it's better somehow? Certainly doesn't change the point that a seatbelt's not going to wound ANYONE else. Stupid strawman.

Edited by Llogg

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, why do people think that everything listed as a core value is a one strike and you're out situation? Did Herman ever say that?

I agree that the full picture of what he was doing should decide the punishment.

Exactly. Like most things, we only know some of the details of Herman’s policies. I trust he’ll punish consistently with what he’s told players his policy is. That’s good enough for me. But everybody knows everything. 

3 minutes ago, Llogg said:

30 was the number, no? And replace kill with wound and it's better somehow? Certainly doesn't change the point that a seatbelt's not going to wound ANYONE else. Stupid strawman.

Strawman? You're clearly an actual fucking idiot. I wasn't making an argument to keep him. I was just making fun of you jumping to a dozen innocent bystanders being murdered with the absurdity of movies projecting virtue by how good of a shot someone is. Both are actually quite ridiculous premises. Whether he stays or goes is Herman's decision, and based on his handling of the Zach Smith situation, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point because he has more information. 

• Like 1

Class A seems to be up to a year in jail and $4000 fine.  If he can skirt the jail time then I think a one year suspension should work fine.  We kick him off he can be cell mates with Billy Pittman and Eric Hardeman.

What happened with those two? I don’t recall.

43 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Class A seems to be up to a year in jail and $4000 fine.  If he can skirt the jail time then I think a one year suspension should work fine.  We kick him off he can be cell mates with Billy Pittman and Eric Hardeman.

Pittman is in jail??

• Like 1

Punishment should depend 100% on the kid. His attitude, actions and support structure. Whether he has those or not, if he is willing to accept them, why wouldn’t you give the young man another shot and short leash?  

Opportunity to change a life’s direction, but two way street

Edited by ChickenSandwich

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Strawman? You're clearly an actual fucking idiot. I wasn't making an argument to keep him. I was just making fun of you jumping to a dozen innocent bystanders being murdered with the absurdity of movies projecting virtue by how good of a shot someone is. Both are actually quite ridiculous premises. Whether he stays or goes is Herman's decision, and based on his handling of the Zach Smith situation, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point because he has more information. 

Seatbelt was the strawman you idiot. I don't care if Herman keeps him on the team or not. The guy arguing that seatbelt use and handgun use are at all analogous is the moron whose faulty logic I addressed.

According to the pols at the time the seatbelt laws were passed, the way they avoided the necessity of an Amendment allowing the state to require you to be safe, was to posit that wearing a seatbelt keeps others safe by keeping you in the driver's seat during a wreck so that you can maintain better control. /cr

39 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Seatbelt was the strawman you idiot. I don't care if Herman keeps him on the team or not. The guy arguing that seatbelt use and handgun use are at all analogous is the moron whose faulty logic I addressed.

Did he distort your view on guns and attack that for his argument or did he make what you deem to be a false equivocation? Because one of those is a strawman and the other is not...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This thread is full of wise, well-thought-out responses.

i'm still waiting for that to happen on this site.

It doesn't matter what any of us want or think.  The team will handle this, as they should.  I would think they better understand than most all of us internet experts what it means to wear that jersey and if one of their team member deserves that privilege. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

i'm still waiting for that to happen on this site.

It doesn't matter what any of us want or think.  The team will handle this, as they should.  I would think they better understand than most all of us internet experts what it means to wear that jersey and if one of their team member deserves that privilege. 

Spot on. Tom Herman knows a thing or two about placing proper emphasis on ethics and standards of conduct.

9 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Did he distort your view on guns and attack that for his argument or did he make what you deem to be a false equivocation? Because one of those is a strawman and the other is not...

I was responding to a poster who said carrying a gun is pointless because you don’t need one so long as you avoid dangerous areas. I carry pretty often.  And avoid dangerous areas.  Because I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.  Just like the 5 year term life insurance I buy even though statistically I’m very unlikely to die during the term.  Or the seatbelt i religiously wear, even though I’ve nevertheless been in a wreck.   

My pistol isn’t ever going to go off and kill 15 bystanders like that idiot suggested.  

I don’t know what Moore wasn’t doing.  I’ve known plenty of adults who broke the law by carrying before they turned 21.  They weren’t carrying to kill a bunch of people or rob someone.  

If Moore was carrying to be “hard”, which is what I suspect since no one has claimed he has a criminal history, and not because he was about to commit a mass murder or rob someone, suspend him a game and move on.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Llogg said:

No.  I wasn’t talking about handgun use.  I’m saying plenty of reasonable folks arm themselves for protection.  Most of us assume the likelihood of ever needing it for lawful self defense is low.  Just like the getting into a wreck that will kill you or cause serious bodily injury is low.  You are too fucking retarded to read and comprehend that.  So keep on being a dumbfuck.  We can’t help you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Punishment should depend 100% on the kid. His attitude, actions and support structure. Whether he has those or not, if he is willing to accept them, why wouldn’t you give the young man another shot and short leash?  

Opportunity to change a life’s direction, but two way street

Here's the solution.   

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

Remember when this thread was about a young man making a poor decision and the possible consequences?

It’s morphed into a small group of posters continually making the poor decision of clicking “submit reply”.

seems like a normal thread to me too

23 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

There’s a saying around those parts, you can take a boy out of Yoakum but you can’t take the Yoakum out of the boy.   Usually works for Cuero too but let’s hope not.  Lots of bad shit in those two small towns, drugs, gangs, ect.  

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Man, family having some issues, hope all get the help needed. Brother suspended indefinitely as well...unrelated to Josh issue.

https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/UH-safety-Jordan-Moore-suspended-indefinitely-14399254.php

I thought it was interesting when one of the brothers (can't remember which) played their senior year at IMG.  They were both highly ranked, I can't believe IMG would accept one but not the other, so makes me think one got sent off for some reason.  

there's some applicable wisdom in here somewhere.  the brothers don't have half a fame arms, but they are blessed with talent and both are pissing it away.  hope they get their shit together.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: How come you don't like me?
Crash Davis: Because you don't respect yourself, which is your problem. But you don't respect the game, and that's my problem. You got a gift.
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: I got a what?
Crash Davis: You got a gift. When you were a baby, the Gods reached down and turned your right arm into a thunderbolt. You got a Hall-of-Fame arm, but you're pissing it away.

59 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Man, family having some issues, hope all get the help needed. Brother suspended indefinitely as well...unrelated to Josh issue.

https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/UH-safety-Jordan-Moore-suspended-indefinitely-14399254.php

somethings_fucky_trailer_park_boys.gif

Mental eval could explain why Josh was a late flyer of a take for us (over Nebraska and transition-year FSU) despite being so highly-rated as well.

Edited by texifornia

On 8/28/2019 at 12:20 PM, Hook1997 said:

There’s a saying around those parts, you can take a boy out of Yoakum but you can’t take the Yoakum out of the boy.   Usually works for Cuero too but let’s hope not.  Lots of bad shit in those two small towns, drugs, gangs, ect.  

No more than others, tbh. Most of us end up doing pretty well, just a couple of badass RBs have fucked themselves, is all. 

Gangs... lol

2 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I don't recall any behavior red flags on either of them during recruitment.

Did I miss that?

Josh was incredibly flaky, bouncing from one silent commitment to the next (at least he had the sense to only make the Nebraska one public).

Nothing in the real character red flag realm was known, though.

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Twin brothers (Josh and Jordan) both getting into trouble in different cities... wtf is going on??

Old article on loss of their older brother...

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/advosports/yoakum-twins-turn-tragic-loss-into-motivation/article_a1063998-5ae3-5e1c-8f43-c4efdfa7d6e8.html

• immamac changed the title to Josh Moore - Redemption Tour