As a TEXAS fan and the current situation, what do we do?

US183

44 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Join Burnt Ends and do your part to help bring in better talent to the team. 

this

44 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Stop going to football games and spending money.  Only way to force a fix. 

or this

42 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Maybe go fuck yourself?

definitely this

18 minutes ago, burdine said:

Be patient with the new coaching staff.

Actually allow them to recruit a class (a big change from past coaching changes with new early signing day).

Watch staff to see if changes and course corrections can be made in the off season.

Watch for recurring problems on offensive side of the ball which is the head coaches area of expertise which was  a red flag with Herman and Strong.

Support the players who play hard.

If poor development is a big part of our problem, then impatience is not going to be rewarded.

Be prepared to enforce accountability for the staff when they have upper classmen of their own that showcase the coaching and development that has or has not occurred.

Most coaching changes end in failure so the odds are never great with a new staff.

We made a bet in Sark and this staff and I think it is foolish to read too much into the early bad outcomes.

His tenure should be determined by an ability to fix problems not get everything right from day 1 in my very humble opinion.

Hook'em.

We lost to kansas

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

We lost to kansas

Agree that we lost to Kansas.  

Also can we agree Sark is going to be here another year and recruit a class that needs our support?

Can we also agree that some players are playing hard that need our support?

If we agree then are internet temper tantrums the rational course of action for the next year?

Not loving where we are but what else is a way forward?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, burdine said:

Be patient with the new coaching staff.

Actually allow them to recruit a class (a big change from past coaching changes with new early signing day).

Watch staff to see if changes and course corrections can be made in the off season.

Watch for recurring problems on offensive side of the ball which is the head coaches area of expertise which was  a red flag with Herman and Strong.

Support the players who play hard.

If poor development is a big part of our problem, then impatience is not going to be rewarded.

Be prepared to enforce accountability for the staff when they have upper classmen of their own that showcase the coaching and development that has or has not occurred.

Most coaching changes end in failure so the odds are never great with a new staff.

We made a bet in Sark and this staff and I think it is foolish to read too much into the early bad outcomes.

His tenure should be determined by an ability to fix problems not get everything right from day 1 in my very humble opinion.

Hook'em.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We lost to kansas

This. 

Just now, burdine said:

Agree that we lost to Kansas.  

Also can we agree Sark is going to be here another year and recruit a class that needs our support?

Can we also agree that some players are playing hard that need our support?

If we agree then are internet temper tantrums the rational course of action for the next year?

Not loving where we are but what else is a way forward?

Fuck Brockermeyer 

1 hour ago, RabidM said:

Join Burnt Ends and do your part to help bring in better talent to the team. 

1 hour ago, ONE YARD said:

Stop going to football games and spending money.  Only way to force a fix. 

This is the pure encapsulation of fandom.  Coaches are either getting raises or getting fired.  The team is either on the way to glory or on the way to the shitter.  There is never any in between.  

Just now, dingleberryswitzer said:

This is the pure encapsulation of fandom.  Coaches are either getting raises or getting fired.  The team is either on the way to glory or on the way to the shitter.  There is never any in between.  

And we used to laugh at aggy for their circular firing squads....   He are that and circle jerk at the same time.

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

this here... quit letting a bunch of 18-22 years olds and overpaid coaches have so much influence in your life. We are living in a time where a coach wins a national championship and gets fired less than 2 years later because he's apparently no longer able to do it anymore and another coach who finally has his first winning season and they give him a 10 year contract that also makes him one of the highest paid coaches ever.

If you are looking for what to do, just sit back and shake you head:

blink-182 wtf GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

I'm not saying everything is okay.  I was at the loss to Kansas.  It sucked big time.

I'm arguing for realization and acceptance of where we are in the process of making a bet.

We are in Year 1 of a coaching change.  

Barring actual misconduct, Sark and this staff are going to recruit this next class.  A class we will then live with for the next four years.

This is the time to polish the turds we have been dealt like we have never polished before to see what we can do to maximize this class.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m an OU fan and I don’t care any more.  You guys definitely should stop giving a fuck.  And spare me how much more awesome UT fans are.  Smooth brain motherfuckers.  All of us.  

Waaaah we have been to a bunch of CFPs and have won more than 50% of the B12 titles.. Oh the agony!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m an OU fan and I don’t care any more.  You guys definitely should stop giving a fuck.  And spare me how much more awesome UT fans are.  Smooth brain motherfuckers.  All of us.  

Shut up bitch. At least you have a Lambo 😭😭😭😭

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, burdine said:

This is part of the problem and a huge red flag from Sark's latest presser stating he is waiting to assist in the off season in my view. Sark does a pretty good job preparing for the other team offensively but as soon as they thwart his Plan A he is unable to adjust because he has no Plan B or can't build one during the game or refuses to abandon his plan even if it does not work. He said he would look at the defense in the off season. He should have been trying to get things corrected after getting gutted by the two Oklahoma schools during the bye week. Nope he stuck with what they got going and the plan for this year even though it is not working and in my view that is how we got to what happened with Kansas. 

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1