Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 11/14/2018 at 9:05 AM, MrPhlegm said:
On 11/14/2018 at 7:44 AM, bornbama1 said:
Serious question, as a recent CFB fan recently exposed to the aggy "traditions" (2012) is every Damn thing any idiot aggi does become a tradition? They seem to have more "traditions" than the rest of the SEC teams combined. The gay milkman thing is disturbing to say the least. Are the students dressed in Military in An ROTC type program, or is it more of a fraternity? I have great respect for the Military, but they also seem creepy.

It is 'aggy' not 'aggi', aggy boy.

I spell it different every time I type it out because I don't have the respect or care to type it whatever way the agi prefer.

• Replies 72.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Everybody is writing off UAB if Erdely doesn't play, but honestly, his backup threw the ball pretty damned well against UTSA. Against Southern Miss, they confused him and he threw 3 picks, but I seriously doubt aggy's secondary is capable of that same sort of scheming, especially if they get their run game up and going... and they are definitely a run first program.

I probably won't bother watching this game, but it won't shock me to look up and see the score close no matter who is taking snaps for the Blazers.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

That was 2016. Here are the 2017 numbers: http://www.academyofinventors.org/pdf/top-100-universities-2017.pdf

While UT bounces around the top 10 globally, A&M "traditionally" trails such global research powerhouses as U of H, Iowa State., and Univ of Central Florida.

Might be the wrong thread,  but here goes ... I could not find Oklahoma U in the 2016 or 2017 rankings...

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

shtewart mandel picked them 28-10, I'll be pretty surprised if A&M scores 28 (and covers)

56 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They'll score 28. I don't think this game will be all that close.

The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers scored 47 against UAB, so aggy scoring 28 sounds about right.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:24 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

Not to mention South Florida. I don't really want to play them, but they're a solid non-P5 opponent, probably about equivalent to playing Maryland, Cal, or Ole Miss. They've been ranked in the Top 2 more recently than A&M

I apologize if this has already been addressed since I'm catching up but, uh... The South Florida Strong Bulls Horns don't concern me, Maryland be dammed. 

9 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I apologize if this has already been addressed since I'm catching up but, uh... The South Florida Strong Bulls Horns don't concern me, Maryland be dammed. 

well, first, I don't think I said I was "concerned" with them, I think I said they were a solid non-P5 opponent that I didn't want to play. playing solid non-P5 opponents is a no-win situation. I'd rather play a 3-8 Tennessee or a 5-6 Miami than an 8-3 USF or UAB or Nevada.

second, you're welcome to say "Maryland be damned" but until we go unbeaten in non-conference play a few times, I'm not going to put it past us to lose to another suckass middle-tier team like Maryland or Cal or Ole Miss or BYU. I'm not particularly worried about how we'll handle the Potato Farmers, but this also isn't playing New Mexico State.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

I hadn’t noticed a few facts reported in a CBS article about UAB before today. Maybe their success is a bit more than a fluke of schedule and fortune.

1. They have have 34 seniors on the roster

2. They have 60 JUCOs on the roster

3. Their now-second-year class was capped at 50 incoming freshmen

4. Their RB is 235 and runs a 4.5.

5. They are top 5 (sos, granted) in total D, passing, scoring, and sacks

6. They lead the nation with 3 shutouts so far.

aggy D is better against the run than the pass, so they may handle the Blazers and cover. This does have the feel of a game in which a scrappy road dog may hang around long enough in a low-scoring affair to have a chance late, though.

This game is as much an exhibition for UAB as it is for A&M, UAB wants to win their conference and this game doesn't impact that in any way. Thus, they'll sit a guy or guys, plural, who would be playing if the game mattered to the program's goals. 

If UAB were playing Alabama, I bet it would be all hands on deck. A&M, they're like "meh, let's not fuck up our shot at the Liberty Bowl". 

5 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

This game is as much an exhibition for UAB as it is for A&M, UAB wants to win their conference and this game doesn't impact that in any way. Thus, they'll sit a guy or guys, plural, who would be playing if the game mattered to the program's goals. 

If UAB were playing Alabama, I bet it would be all hands on deck. A&M, they're like "meh, let's not fuck up our shot at the Liberty Bowl". 

Guaran-damn-tee you Jimbo is taking this game deathly seriously.  A loss to UAB would devastate his first year.

23 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Guaran-damn-tee you Jimbo is taking this game deathly seriously.  A loss to UAB would devastate his first year.

sure, privately, but A&M likes to think it's the same kind of program that has Cupcake Saturday as Bama, etc. the fans aren't sitting around having gay sex in public restrooms and committing acts of bestiality and saying "uh oh we might lost to UAB". They're saying "we gon' stomp UAB" while doing those other things.

I don't care who they've played - they have two road shutouts against FBS teams (yes, I know, shitty ones). That is very, very hard to do. 

I cannot believe the line is at -16.5 - aggy must be pumping the shit out of that spread. 

This is a super dangerous game. @Magus Ossis laid out the facts perfectly. 

And - anyone that thinks UAB is going to rest players or some shit like that is an idiot. You don't get many shots at beating SEC programs. It would be one of the biggest wins in their program's history - and if they do win, they will get a better bowl game for it. 

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

UAB beating Aggy on the road would be magnificent but I don't see it happening. Aggy struggles against the pass. Doesn't UAB struggle in that department?

Doesn't Miss St struggle in that department? 

I do notice that UAB has had a different QB the last couple games. Don't know if that is because of injury or what.