• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Like it or not, Jimbo is definitely stockpiling some talent in bcs. 

Seems to me that he'll need a pretty big surge by December to not offset the 2022 class.  Otherwise, it's just sort of an "eh" pair of years.  Maybe top 10-15 or so when you consider the top line talent but at some point injury and attrition are gonna kill them if they can't stay a little more steady on the recruiting front.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I couldn't be happier that they're celebrating this loss.

Like it or not, Jimbo is definitely stockpiling some talent in bcs.  The upside is, as long as he's free to run the program as he likes, coaching will hold them back from doing anything with it.

We want aggy to lose, but we don't want it to get out of hand to where they actually make meaningful changes that might result in all of that talent being maximized.

Best case scenario is aggy keeps losing close games or winning just enough to convince them that Jimbo is on the right path and just needs more time (and maybe money!) to get it done.  Sounds like the close loss to a very shorthanded bama has things right on schedule.

So, in other words, Jimbo is on track to keep aggy in Never-Never Land?   I’m good with their (lack of) progress!

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Seems to me that he'll need a pretty big surge by December to not offset the 2022 class.  Otherwise, it's just sort of an "eh" pair of years.  Maybe top 10-15 or so when you consider the top line talent but at some point injury and attrition are gonna kill them if they can't stay a little more steady on the recruiting front.

image.gif.0ee9eba7b9027656c62d1e0df407d2c8.gif

• Like 1

Have you seen their dogshit schedule?  The only good team they play the rest of the way is Ole Miss.  I'll count that one as an L.  They SHOULD win all the others, unless they find a way to aggy it up against LSU.  So, worst case, they go 7-5.  Best case, 8-4.  Pretty mediocre.

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It definitely looks like they're falling off, but they if they don't lose the guys they already have committed, a few of their higher priority targets might push them into the top 10.

I have zero visibility aside from what those with knowledge share on our board.  What I've taken away from that is aggy bmds are prioritizing a small number of targets rather than spreading the wealth this year.  We've seen it work with a couple of very high profile guys, at least one of whom no one expected them to land.

Seems like this class will come down to how many of those they actually land, and a small number of recruits may make the difference between a top 10 vs top 20 class.

They were always going to fall off from going crazy last year, but recent additions have the class looking more like a dropoff than an implosion.

You're right that attrition both from this class of recruits and the past few full of mercenaries will also tell the story of how much talent they really have to work with in the next few years.

I'm ok with either of two outcomes:

1) They're unable to placate their mercenaries and changes are forced on Jimbo but they no longer have elite talent to work with, OR

2) They pay up to keep their talent and win just enough to keep them satisfied with Jimbo fully running the show.

The in between scenario where they keep talent and force coaching changes is the one I'd rather not see.

As of right now they look a lot like late era Mack Brown teams where you knew the talent level was substantially higher than the product on the field suggested.  I'm hoping they give Jimbo several years too long to "get it fixed" just like we did.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It definitely looks like they're falling off, but they if they don't lose the guys they already have committed, a few of their higher priority targets might push them into the top 10.

I have zero visibility aside from what those with knowledge share on our board. 

Same here.  I don't care to invest too much time in recruiting, not that it's not important, but I barely have enough time to watch actual sports I'm interested in.  Last I saw A&M was down near #40 for 2023 or something like that.  I don't doubt a few blue chips could bring that way up.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Same here.  I don't care to invest too much time in recruiting, not that it's not important, but I barely have enough time to watch actual sports I'm interested in.  Last I saw A&M was down near #40 for 2023 or something like that.  I don't doubt a few blue chips could bring that way up.

they got the highest rated lb and dt in the state since you last looked.  that brought them up from 40 to 18.  it makes a huge difference.  i desperately wish we could flip the lb...such a need for us.  it would be nice if they would shit the bed in the coming weeks and make him reithink the commitment but as someone above said, their remaining schedule has one good team left - ole miss.  florida, lsu, and auburn are all unbelievably bad this year instead of being the typical top 15 teams they have been for most of the last decade.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

They landed a couple over the last few weeks and are around 15 now, I believe.  Question is whether they can hold on to them, and if they have any left to buy.

The most recent addition was long since assumed to be OU bound, even telling the OU staff he was coming the day he committed to aggy.

Really make$ you wonder how circum$tance$ changed over just a few hour$ before he committed.

22 minutes ago, Mudcat35 said:

Have you seen their dogshit schedule?  The only good team they play the rest of the way is Ole Miss.  I'll count that one as an L.  They SHOULD win all the others, unless they find a way to aggy it up against LSU.  So, worst case, they go 7-5.  Best case, 8-4.  Pretty mediocre.

I was looking earlier and thought similar, 1-2 losses.  They have SoCar as a night game though???  What channel, FS7?

on the topic of terrible schedules, it really blows my mind how utterly stupid and arbitrary sec scheduling has been since mizzou and tamu joined the sec.  since 2012 (not including this season), the east teams the agros will have played are:

south carolina (so called "permanent rival" that they caught a huge break drawing): 8 times.

missouri: 4 times.

vanderbilt: 3 times.

florida: 3 times.

tennessee: 2 times.

kentucky: 1 time.

georgia: 1 time.

that is so bizarre.  how can the schedule work out that you play one team four times and two teams one time regardless of permanent rival?  sure hope that nonsense gets fixed before we get there.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

South Carolina is a road game that they will not view as a jihad game the way they did Bama. South Carolina is 4-2. They're not great, but just because UGa blew them out, that doesn't make them a shit team. ATM is still the team that lost to App State at home. They may also have to start a true freshman who doesn't know the playbook. 

Then they've got to get up for an Ole Miss team that plays great offense and has a solid defense at home. Ole Miss goes 3 deep at TB, they have a solid TE and QB, and a good OL. ATM is going to have to get really good, really quickly to hang with Kiffin in this game. 

Florida has a mobile QB and needs the wins. They're not a pushover opponent.

@Auburn is likely a surefire win. UMass is a game that should cause them embarrassment to have on the schedule the same year as App State and SHSU, but aggies have no shame.

LSU has plenty of talent. They looked like they were getting better every week until the Tennessee game. If they continue to improve throughout the season, that's a tough game. 

ATM's range of outcomes is between 5-7 and 9-3. I view them as highly likely to finish either 6-6 or 7-5. They have to get a lot of shit together in order to make 8-4 or 9-3 happen.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mudcat35 said:

rest of their schedule and FEI rank

• @South Carolina: #47 (#53 defense)
  • Ole Miss: 10 (28 defense)
  • Florida: 38 (39 defense)
  • @Auburn: 39 (15 defense)
  • UMass: 130/131 lol
  • LSU: 16 (18 defense)

Here is the SP+ Win Loss Prediction moving forward (thanks to rando guy on reddit):

the South Carolina game is a true toss up, and Auburn and LSU games are 55/45 splits (column C is the SP+ win% based on current SP+ ratings)

image.thumb.png.8c26123dc58e057dfab5386d467a38f2.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

South Carolina is a road game that they will not view as a jihad game the way they did Bama. South Carolina is 4-2. They're not great, but just because UGa blew them out, that doesn't make them a shit team. ATM is still the team that lost to App State at home. They may also have to start a true freshman who doesn't know the playbook. 

Then they've got to get up for an Ole Miss team that plays great offense and has a solid defense at home. Ole Miss goes 3 deep at TB, they have a solid TE and QB, and a good OL. ATM is going to have to get really good, really quickly to hang with Kiffin in this game. 

Florida has a mobile QB and needs the wins. They're not a pushover opponent.

@Auburn is likely a surefire win. UMass is a game that should cause them embarrassment to have on the schedule the same year as App State and SHSU, but aggies have no shame.

LSU has plenty of talent. They looked like they were getting better every week until the Tennessee game. If they continue to improve throughout the season, that's a tough game. 

ATM's range of outcomes is between 5-7 and 9-3. I view them as highly likely to finish either 6-6 or 7-5. They have to get a lot of shit together in order to make 8-4 or 9-3 happen.

Weigman playing ups their chances of winning some remaining games. He doesn’t have to know the playbook. He has to be more accurate than King. If HK is playing this weekend, I think SCAR probably wins.

Everyone always predicts a collapse, and no one will laugh fucking harder than me, but it never happens. I’m guessing 7-5

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Weigman playing ups their chances of winning some remaining games. He doesn’t have to know the playbook. He has to be more accurate than King. If HK is playing this weekend, I think SCAR probably wins.

Everyone always predicts a collapse, and no one will laugh fucking harder than me, but it never happens. I’m guessing 7-5

No he doesn’t. Nobody knows how to run Fishers offense except for Fisher. Every time one of their dipshit QB goes to the side line after a failed 3rd down he is sitting there trying to figure out what the fuck his QBs are doing. On the last play against Bama the DB on Stewart said he saw Fisher mouthing to King where to throw the ball. That’s on your must win play of the game….. and he’s telling everyone on the field where it’s going. 

37 minutes ago, NoName said:

rest of their schedule and FEI rank

• @South Carolina: #47 (#53 defense)
  • Ole Miss: 10 (28 defense)
  • Florida: 38 (39 defense)
  • @Auburn: 39 (15 defense)
  • UMass: 130/131 lol
  • LSU: 16 (18 defense)

Here is the SP+ Win Loss Prediction moving forward (thanks to rando guy on reddit):

the South Carolina game is a true toss up, and Auburn and LSU games are 55/45 splits (column C is the SP+ win% based on current SP+ ratings)

image.thumb.png.8c26123dc58e057dfab5386d467a38f2.png

7 wins total followed very closely with 6 wins.  FUPM part 2!

1 hour ago, Mudcat35 said:

The Ole Miss game is in Collie Station, which helps aggy, but the Rebels should still be favored.  

The ags will manage to fuck up at least one other game, so I'm inclined to think 7-5 is the most likely result.  

The fact they scheduled UMass should be a source of acute embarrassment to every aggy.  But they're all so brainwashed that they'll find a way to rationalize it.   

Ags are bad mouthing the Texas schedule as soft and claiming they beat 2 ranked teams. They've beaten a 2-2 FCS team,  3-3 Arkansas (Presently unranked) and 2-3 Miami (Presently unranked). They got beaten at home by a 3-3 Sun Belt team that just lost to Texas St and blown out by Mississippi St a team that has a fraction of their talent but Leach continues to be Leach and skull fucks the aggy. It really doesn't make much of a shit that they beat two team overrated teams that were ranked when they played them, Arky nor Miami will be ranked in the final polls those are bad teams.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

No he doesn’t. Nobody knows how to run Fishers offense except for Fisher. Every time one of their dipshit QB goes to the side line after a failed 3rd down he is sitting there trying to figure out what the fuck his QBs are doing. On the last play against Bama the DB on Stewart said he saw Fisher mouthing to King where to throw the ball. That’s on your must win play of the game….. and he’s telling everyone on the field where it’s going. 

He thought no one would notice since he was whispering to his qb.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chad said:

It really doesn't make much of a shit that they beat two team overrated teams that were ranked when they played them, Arky nor Miami will be ranked in the final polls those are bad teams.

Like claiming you fucked Bridget Fonda, ignoring that she looked like this when you fucked her. 

Bridget-Fonda-now-09.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

I think 7-5 is most likely for them but 6-6 is not far behind.  8-4 is possible but I'd say 5-7 is more likely.  9-3, no fucking way.  No.  Fucking.  Way.  3-9, while highly unlikely, is more likely than 9-3.  Full disclosure, I always think they will be shittier than they end up being..I thought they would be 2-4 at this point.  I still can't believe they beat Arkansas and were a play away from beating Alabama.

53 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I think 7-5 is most likely for them but 6-6 is not far behind.  8-4 is possible but I'd say 5-7 is more likely.  9-3, no fucking way.  No.  Fucking.  Way.  3-9, while highly unlikely, is more likely than 9-3.  Full disclosure, I always think they will be shittier than they end up being..I thought they would be 2-4 at this point.  I still can't believe they beat Arkansas and were a play away from beating Alabama.

The only sure-fire win I'd pencil in on their remaining schedule is U Mass, they're absolute dog shit. I could see them finishing 6-6, LSU and Ole Miss should give them a good beating. They'll probably beat Auburn and South Carolina, UF is a toss up.

2 hours ago, nnm said:

BC6834E2-36BE-4C35-948A-7AEFD2BB5119.thumb.png.bf71492547d607a4c018e1f506a85566.png

Jesus fucking Christ. Tennessee AND Georgia are both overrated, and by HIS calculations Bama is losing 3 games. LSU, is, of course, just going to be easy to beat because aggy has really shown a knack for defending the pass. God damn that has to be someone on here writing that, right? Right???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad said:

Ags are bad mouthing the Texas schedule as soft and claiming they beat 2 ranked teams. They've beaten a 2-2 FCS team,  3-3 Arkansas (Presently unranked) and 2-3 Miami (Presently unranked). They got beaten at home by a 3-3 Sun Belt team that just lost to Texas St and blown out by Mississippi St a team that has a fraction of their talent but Leach continues to be Leach and skull fucks the aggy. It really doesn't make much of a shit that they beat two team overrated teams that were ranked when they played them, Arky nor Miami will be ranked in the final polls those are bad teams.

We will play as many ranked teams as they will this season, possibly more. 

37 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Jesus fucking Christ. Tennessee AND Georgia are both overrated, and by HIS calculations Bama is losing 3 games. LSU, is, of course, just going to be easy to beat because aggy has really shown a knack for defending the pass. God damn that has to be someone on here writing that, right? Right???

That can’t be real.  Is anyone that stupid?  Oh yeah.   I haven’t watched their other games.  Have they shown a knack for defending the pass, or just Milroe’s passes?

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They've collapsed. They also collapsed last year. Not sure what to tell you. They opened both seasons ranked #6 and they will finish both seasons unranked. If they somehow finish 8-4, it's still shit and now everyone knows it. They chickened out of their bowl last year and were mocked for it. If you want to see 4-8, sure, that's a complete and total unhinging from reality. Finishing 4th or worse in their own division, again, is a collapse. If their wins are SHSU, UMass, Auburn, SCar, Arky, UF and Miami to get to 7-5, they'll have beaten a collection of teams with a combined record of something like 35-49.

Beyond that, here are a few other things that should give anyone predicting some big finish pause. 

1) Weigman had 2 serious concussions in high school. If he has a 3rd, behind that line, his family has told people that he's retiring from football and focusing on baseball. Even if the guy is somehow able to do amazing shit, he's one hit away from a new outlook for his future.

2) ATM is due for a major regression on the statistical luck side of things. Their opponent has fumbled 8 times this year and they've recovered all 8. That isn't sustainable. Their opponents are 5-12 in the FG department. That isn't sustainable. It's like a team in MLB that keeps winning one run games. That eventually swings back to the middle. This is not a good enough team to overcome losing a turnover advantage to a comparable opponent, and they're due to have future opponents adding 3+ ppg in field goal fortunes alone. 

3) They're not playing this weekend. King is expected to be back by SCar and will likely start.

What is your source for #1?