• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Doctor of Neighborhood said:

This is why there is not now, nor has there ever been, anything to fear from aggy.  Five years in and he wouldn’t trade Jimbo for any other corch out there.  I guess I won’t be invited.  

Clickety clack, clickety clack …

47D8C2B8-A339-49E9-B6DF-6E49D99451D4.jpeg

This is the thing I've never understood. If you take the totality of his career, Jimbo is a good coach. But he's not Saban. Yet they revere him as if he's Saban squared.

"Got Jimbo!" Okay. That should get you some winning seasons, which is what they've had. But they're still waiting for him to erupt as some juggernaut for the ages. The only thing that explains it is that believing Jimbo is extra special lets them wallow in the delusion that they are, too. 

p.s. And I say this being fully aware that Jimbo has a chance to field a pretty sturdy defense over the next few years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Chad said:

They're too blind to realize it.  Jumbo is no better than Sumlin. Last season they blamed their poor finish on having some of Sumlin's players remaining on the roster.

FFQlFhAXoAI9gt1.jpg

Tale of the aggy tape... Through 54 games at Collie Station

SS Rum Runner: 38-16
Bilbo Aggins: 37-17

SS Rum Runner would post a remaining record of 13-9 in his next 22 games before getting fired.

• Haha 1

They've had insane turnover luck so far this year with 7 fumbles forced and 7 recoveries. By comparison we have 4 forced and 0 recovered. If that luck evens out like it usually does then the Miss State game should be the blue print for their remaining games. Without short fields then scoring 21 will be more than enough to beat them here on out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Good thing the gomers have that QB whisperer Bilbo Aggins. If they actually had a halfway decent offense they might be decent. I think we need to give their offense a nickname. Watching Paint Dry Crew. Boomhauer's Brigade

Cole Cublic said the TAMU team was nothing like the team that has been playing this year. Cole said this is the second year in a row that TAMU does no pre snap movement, no shifting around in the games before Alabama and then when they play Alabama there is movement on every play. Cole said I dont get it. Does Jimbo think the Alabama game is the only game that counts?

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Tale of the aggy tape... Through 54 games at Collie Station

SS Rum Runner: 38-16
Bilbo Aggins: 37-17

SS Rum Runner would post a remaining record of 13-9 in his next 22 games before getting fired.

i can't WAIT to see where this stands at the end of the year + at the end of next 22 games.

59 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

oh, that's all he needs to compete for a SEC championship? a QB and to give up play calling?

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

There's a chance Jimbo is saved by Connor Weigman. He's a very highly rated QB. That doesn't guarantee success, but it doesn't hurt. I mean, Jameis Winston saved his career before. Of course if Jimbo stays with his dumb ass offense from the 50s, it might not matter

image.thumb.png.0bb32c25e53900f72b463a4a8603a093.png

Where is Whitey McWhiterson?

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

There's a chance Jimbo is saved by Connor Weigman. He's a very highly rated QB. That doesn't guarantee success, but it doesn't hurt. I mean, Jameis Winston saved his career before. Of course if Jimbo stays with his dumb ass offense from the 50s, it might not matter

image.thumb.png.0bb32c25e53900f72b463a4a8603a093.png

Ah yes, the backup qb is the savior. Just like King (247 .9397 rating, composite 4*, ranked 5* by some before senior season), Stowers (247 9268, 4* composite), Calzada (247 .8817, 3* composite), and Foster (247 .9055, 4* composite) before him.

Maybe the problem isn’t the players. Maybe it’s the player development and offensive scheme. Who’s responsible for that, and is that going to change before Weigman hits the field?

• Hook 'Em 3

Jumbo knows that Bama is aggy' s superbowl. He could and does shit the rest of the season but as long as he looks competitive against Bama, aggy will crow Don't care, got Jimbo. He knows he can't ever run the table in the SEC. Just as long as looks good against Bama, they'll moral victory and chant "next year!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

If he hits the portal, the fallout will be glorious

If he hits the portal, there really won’t be any difference between him and Sumlin (other than the obvious). Losing two 5* qbs, including one to OUsux who went on to win the Heisman was a big factor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

They've had insane turnover luck so far this year with 7 fumbles forced and 7 recoveries. By comparison we have 4 forced and 0 recovered. If that luck evens out like it usually does then the Miss State game should be the blue print for their remaining games. Without short fields then scoring 21 will be more than enough to beat them here on out. 

In thinking more on this I looked at FG kicking cause outside of blocks there needs to be luck involved with opposing kickers.

So far this year kickers have only converted on 5/12 attempts (1 block vs Miami) this year against a&m including a GW miss against arky and 2 that would have swung the Miami game. On the other hand kickers are 8/8 against us with both losses coming on GW kicks. 

This is another stat that if regressed to the mean could swing those toss up games they have to win on the back end of the schedule. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

In thinking more on this I looked at FG kicking cause outside of blocks there needs to be luck involved with opposing kickers.

So far this year kickers have only converted on 5/12 attempts (1 block vs Miami) this year against a&m including a GW miss against arky and 2 that would have swung the Miami game. On the other hand kickers are 8/8 against us with both losses coming on GW kicks. 

This is another stat that if regressed to the mean could swing those toss up games they have to win on the back end of the schedule. 

Motherfucking horseshoe up their asses.