• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

33 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I asked ChatGPT to write new lyrics to the Beatles song, 'Yesterday," about how Aggy feels about Texas joining the SEC.

ChatGPT

(Verse 1) Yesterday, all our dreams were bright, Aggie pride would shine, oh what a sight,
Now it seems those days are far away, Oh, I long for that time before Texas came to play.

(Chorus) Oh, yesterday, SEC was ours to claim, But now we're lost in the shadow of their fame,
Oh, yesterday, Texas A&M's joy fades away, We were happy, oh so happy yesterday.

(Verse 2) Suddenly, they joined the conference elite, Bringing rivalry that stings and depletes,
Our sacred traditions torn apart, A piece of our spirit, forever marked by this start.

(Chorus) Oh, yesterday, SEC was ours to claim, But now we're lost in the shadow of their fame,
Oh, yesterday, Texas A&M's joy fades away, We were happy, oh so happy yesterday.

(Bridge) Why did they have to come and change it all? Our cherished memories now seem so small,
We had a bond, a family so strong, But now it's broken, and the pain lasts so long.

(Verse 3) So many battles fought with passion true, But now the glory is divided in two,
Oh, I yearn for the time when we stood tall, Without this bitter rivalry that now enthralls.

(Outro) Oh, yesterday, Our spirit's been cast astray, The wounds remain, they won't fade away,
Oh, yesterday, Texas A&M longs for that yesterday.

STATIONOBYL.jpg

excuse me, we need a full on lyric video to this please.

• Hook 'Em 1

speaking of Chat GPT, this is going to be blowing up quickly. don't care that it's A&M Commerce. still A&M.

https://old.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/13isibz/texas_am_commerce_professor_fails_entire_class_of/

esrec6fdc50b1.jpg

Texas A&M Commerce professor fails entire class for using Chat GPT. except they probably didn't because ChatGPT lies about a lot of things and the guy doesn't understand how compartmentalized things are there.

someone in the comments ran his email about it through ChatGPT and it says it wrote the email. Same guy put in the abstract from the professor's PHhD dissertation (he went to Kansas St) from 2021 through it and ChatGPT said it wrote it as well

yNqstNV.jpeg

update from OP:

It was allegedly 3 different essays about agricultural science occurring in the last few months of classes. The professor elected not to grade them until today, (graduation was yesterday) so now the university is withholding an entire class’s diplomas after they walked the stage.

I have so far spoken to 3 affected students who have timestamped google docs proving they did not use gpt, to which the prof (Dr. Jared Mumm) ignored the emails instead only replying on their grading software in the remarks: “I dont grade AI bullshit”

When this first happened, I had a feeling this may eventually make national news, given the growing number of headlines involving AI and machine learning.

Edit: currently in contact with 3 news agencies concerning this story.

OP said said multiple students have CC'd the dean and some have CC'd the president of the university. OP sent an email showing that chat GPT said it wrote the email he sent out (black screenshot above)

update1:

Update number 1: time is 4:49am the morning after this post. NBC5 DFW has been informed, as some have previously mentioned, with the amount of news circulating about AI this will likely be an interesting news story. If you’re local to the DFW area, ill let you know if/when a story aires.

As for the academic side: No new updates but it isn’t even 5am yet, so we’ll see. Last night the president of the university was emailed with proof etc.

update2:

Situation is (mostly) resolved

In a meeting with the Prof, and several administrative officials we learned several key points. 1. It was initially thought the entire class’s diplomas were on hold but it was actually a little over half of the class 2. The diplomas are in “hold” status until an “investigation into each individual is completed” 3. The school stated they weren’t barring anyone from graduating/ leaving school because the diplomas are in hold and not yet formally denied.

I have spoken to several students so far and as of the writing of this comment, 1 student has been exonerated through the use of timestamps in google docs and while their diploma is not released yet it should be.

Admin staff also stated that at least 2 students came forward and admitted to using chat gpt during the semester. This no doubt greatly complicates the situation for those who did not.

In other news, the university is well aware of this reddit post, and I believe this is the reason the university has started actively trying to exonerate people. That said, thanks to all who offered feedback and great thanks to the media companies who reached out to them with questions, this no doubt, forced their hands.

Allegedly several people have sent the professor threatening emails, and I have to be the first to say, that is not cool. I greatly thank people for the support but that is not what this is about.

Also heard from professor that his job may or may not exist after today due to his foul language and unprofessional communications with students but not due to the AI accusations.

Finally, the prof issued an apology to the 1 student exonerated so far and it appears the school is well aware they are not yet equipping to deal with AI in an academic setting, and this will be a HUGE learning day for not just A&M commerce but the system as a whole. My goal for today is to ensure all the other students receive exoneration if they so deserve.

• Hook 'Em 1

• A full accounting of every high school and transfer QB recruited by Jimbo Fisher from 2013 through 2022:

JJ Cosentino: no starts and retired early
    Everett Golson: 8 starts and vanished
    Deondre Francois: 25 starts and dismissed
    De'Andre Johnson: no starts and dismissed
    Malik Henry: no starts and dismissed
    Bailey Hockman: no starts and transferred
    James Blackman: 25 starts and transferred
    James Foster: no starts and transferred
    Zach Calzada: 10 starts and transferred
    Haynes King: 7 starts and transferred
    Eli Stowers: no starts and transferred
    Zach Daniel: no starts
    Max Johnson: 3 starts and hanging in
    Conner Weigman: the chosen one sent to save Aggie Nation

Weigman has obvious talent (8 TDs, no picks in four late-season starts), but that's a grim list that covers a decade of recruiting. Now A&M's offense is being co-managed by Fisher and Bobby Petrino, which will either result in Fisher's play sheet again looking like a Cheesecake Factory menu and Petrino interviewing for Fisher's job at halftime or, perhaps, some strange gumbo of incompatible ingredients that somehow comes out tasting divine.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/37566132/college-football-qb-rankings-133-fbs-situations-tiers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I don't get the "Challenger" Shuttle shirts on those guys.  And the 17 deal on it?  I honestly don't understand.  Da fuh?  

Well, see, Challenger actually burned up before falling to the ground and killing people. 

Just aggy aiming for better.

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

They’re about to hurt even more 

2AC5D0C0-ABC6-44AD-8BC0-31095D245C3A.jpeg

So we're just not talking about why the finger tips of their white gloves are brown and soiled?  

How the fuck do these people get a vote in my state that counts as much as mine?  They should be staring at a white wall with bars on the windows eating apple sauce, until puzzle time starts.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

So we're just not talking about why the finger tips of their white gloves are brown and soiled?  

How the fuck do these people get a vote in my state that counts as much as mine?  They should be staring at a white wall with bars on the windows eating apple sauce, until puzzle time starts.  

When they cheer, it does look like a mass proctology examination. Those could just be white latex gloves.

26 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

“Rodeo instructor”; lmao

That's the academic rigor Texas A&M is known for. They also have courses in Personal Hygiene 101-417. Brazos County Studies 101-308. Gassing Up the Truck 101-536.

Some lucky grads are certified to work at Jiffy Lube.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Something something something lie cheat or steal something something WHOOOP!

this is the stuff i posted on the last page - it's going to blow up well beyond dallas area news. dude said a bunch of national outlets have been in touch.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That's the academic rigor Texas A&M is known for. They also have courses in Personal Hygiene 101-417. Brazos County Studies 101-308. Gassing Up the Truck 101-536.

Or restroom attendants at Buc-ee’s 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Wholly shit, they really are making strides in upgrading their curriculum. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Numb nutsb7eb6aa6f4d685cb0c08a621088095d1.jpga2a5b2194c20ecfdbfed3d4b3b33cab9.jpg

At some point over the last 100 years, someone surely looked around and said "Hey, maybe we need to change how we think and act." But predictably, that person was shouted down as a 2%er and exiled from whatever circle he was in. Meanwhile, every single year the flock manage to do the same dumb shit that causes people to laugh or attack them and then complain that everyone has it out for them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Numb nutsb7eb6aa6f4d685cb0c08a621088095d1.jpga2a5b2194c20ecfdbfed3d4b3b33cab9.jpg

Well, they did beat LSU, proving in their minds that they would have been SEC West champs if they had only "come together" sooner. 

So, it's only natural to assume they'll win the West this year since they've, you know, "come together"and will be squeezing that left nut for all it's worth.

• Hook 'Em 1